It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

Well I'll just take a wait and see attitude....but deep down inside AB should keep the spot at least till the streak is over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA

Same here - deep down AB should continue to start.  But I like Doc's decisiveness in saying RA is the starter.  I just hope it doesn't backfire where he's going to have to answer questions about our play with RA in the lineup.

I think AB's energy, offensively and defensively, provides a spark that RA cannot generate.  I don't think it's just a coincidence that PP is Player of the Week and others are playing well too.  I think its all tied to the increased energy that having AB out there brings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA:
    [QUOTE]Well I'll just take a wait and see attitude....but deep down inside AB should keep the spot at least till the streak is over.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter as long as Bradley gets minutes.  Dooling and Sasha sit.  Bradley backs up both 1 and 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

10-1
    says it all

glad jon is gone

tuff luck for Wilcox whom I thought was helping the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

There is a long-standing, if unwritten rule in sports that says starters do not lose their position due to injury.................Brady being the exception............so, I'm not surprised at all by the move!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : It doesn't matter as long as Bradley gets minutes.  Dooling and Sasha sit.  Bradley backs up both 1 and 2.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Right on. Tomorrow's game should be really interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

dudes...is Allen better than Dooling and Sasha?  If so there isn't a problem. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I guess Doc didn't like the fast starts, we had been having since AB has been in the starting line up!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : It doesn't matter as long as Bradley gets minutes.  Dooling and Sasha sit.  Bradley backs up both 1 and 2.
    It does matter if RA comes out and allows his man to score big. Doesn't matter???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA": [QUOTE] I guess Doc didn't like the fast starts, we had been having since AB has been in the starting line up!! Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE] Oh yea, like we were playing terrible basketball since the allstar break with Ray starting. KG's great play as well as Paul's all started just 6 games ago! It's all due to Bradley and Pietrus, Doc, KG, and PP all stepping up at Allstar break is just my imagination, I guess. Best record since the break is the Spurs, I believe, and the Celtics are second, including a very tough road trip where Ray started until his injury. Come on fans, don't sell the team short. This run is not about Bradley, it's about all of the top 7 or 8 players stepping up, especially the heart and soul - KG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

The other side of the corn is we get a well rested Ray back for the season and playoffs and a more seasoned AD, a double win. It ain't starting the game it's about wining the game

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Doc couldve played this so much better, he couldve kept starting bradly and simply said they were easing ray in and getting him back in game shape while we got to see how the team would do with ray off the bench. Now if we struggle with ray its gonna be a big distraction. I just think the offense slows down so much with all those back screens and double picks for ray and compound that with rays defense, ab is the better choice to start, also considering the 2nd unit needs an offensive boost as well, even more of a reason to have ray off the bench. Heck I think pietrus should start over ray also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

just start him and pull the plug after 4 mins. Let Ray start each quarter and finish the 4th but only play like 20 mins.

Rondo can play 40, Dooling 8 and Bradley 28.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Doc actually stumbled on a new wrinkle for Boston that was very successful and now he is abandoning it. Allen would be great coming off the bench. Nothing against his capabilities but AB teaming up with Rondo makes Boston an explosive team. Boston is forced to play half-court offense with Allen on the court and we all know that Boston lacks the size to play this type of game...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Not surprised, just disappointed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

Doc please pleaseeeeeeeeeee go against conventional wisdom for once. You have a chance to hold on to the 4th spot or even move on to 3rd, now your about to screw this up with slow poke man Ray. Bradley's defense has a lot to do with our recnet streak.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Not so fast:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220274/Celtics_May_Keep_Starting_Bradley_After_Allens_Return

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Not so fast: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220274/Celtics_May_Keep_Starting_Bradley_After_Allens_Return
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Well I sure like Ray's response better than the one the other day, "  whichever makes us a better offensive team".   Of course you never know if he really said that or not.  Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : Well I sure like Ray's response better than the one the other day, "  whichever makes us a better offensive team".   Of course you never know if he really said that or not.  Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Even though Ray has started about 99% of the games he's played in his career, I think he would be okay coming off the bench.  It can get him used to it for next year.....ha ha!!  Reggie Miller did it, so why can't Ray?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : It does matter if RA comes out and allows his man to score big. Doesn't matter???
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

So would it matter if Allen's guy scored big in the second quarter?  Or just the first.  What about the third.  Is that an okay time for someone's guy to score big?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]just start him and pull the plug after 4 mins. Let Ray start each quarter and finish the 4th but only play like 20 mins. Rondo can play 40, Dooling 8 and Bradley 28.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I like Rondo 38, Bradley 30 and Allen 28.  Who needs Dooling? Bradley can back up the point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Official: Doc will Start Ray Against SA : I like Rondo 38, Bradley 30 and Allen 28.  Who needs Dooling? Bradley can back up the point.

don't mind your minutes, but they need to be flexible.  If someone is really playing well you keep them in, especially the younger players.  Still think we need to try AB starting. If he starts against SA and Ray comes off the bench and we are still clicking on all cylinders all the better.  Ray starts and our game doesn't look so good Doc will have a lot to answer for . IMO.  If I were Ray I would want to not be the player that takes us down a notch.  He should realize what we got going right now and not want to disrupt it..   Have to admit I was wrong about AB. Knew he could play defense, just never thought his offense would get anywhere near what it is now.