It's Sept. 12

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: It's Sept. 12

Tough call on Humphries ... DA could move him .. and possibly get something of value in return .... OR..... let him play out his contract and reap the benefits of salary / cap savings at the end of the season ...

Humphries could have allot of value at the trade dead line, if he is healthy, perfroming well, and a play-off bound team has an urgent need! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If he stays healthy and with more minutes, Humphries will be a double-double guy and thus a very valuable trade deadline chip.

I'm not sure moving him now benefits us in any way.  Let's wait to see how he plays because he has motivation to play his best for a new contract somewhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Why wouldn't we use him to fill a role and then take advantage of the open salary space at the end of the year?  Seems he's as valuable to us as anybody. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Tough call on Humphries ... DA could move him .. and possibly get something of value in return .... OR..... let him play out his contract and reap the benefits of salary / cap savings at the end of the season ...

Humphries could have allot of value at the trade dead line, if he is healthy, perfroming well, and a play-off bound team has an urgent need! 

He will not be traded.Humpheys,Wallace and Marshoon Brooks are the best players in the roster.The celtics are not tanking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It's no secret how I feel about Humpty. I have proposed earlier to trade him to Phe for Gortat for the reason that they both have 1 year left on their contract and we could probably sign Gortat for less than 12 million saving cap that way next off season. I would like trade Humpty for a) a couple of decent 5 mil players that will help us or , b) Get a good player on a team that is tanking i.e. Horford from ATL.
    Wallace is more of a quandry for me. I like Wallace, I think he brings energy and is a willing defender and had a tough last year but I expect him to be more motivated and play better this season. Wallaces contract makes trading him more difficult and complicated. The way I see it is our best bet to trading him would be to take on a player that is overpaid elsewhere that has a shorter contract. My example is with LA Pau Gasol, he is in the last year his contract and  we could trade Williams for Gasol and then Gasol walk after this year or resign him for less. The Lakers are strapped and getting Wallace would give them some wiggle room roster wise this season,then in the offseason they could waive him and spread the money owed over a longer period of time. I'm no capologogist by any means but the way I figure it we could get Gasol for Wallace if we used the trade exemption.

Now I know that the probabability of this next pipe dream are slim to none but, if we could be free of both Humpty and Wallace next offseason and LBJ uses his early termination option we might have enough room to sign LBJ and resign PP. That would be pretty cool, probably noy gonna happen but hey this is the dead time in the NBA so W T F ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I stopped reading after I saw the proposal to trade Wallace (not Willimas) for Gasol...and it wasn't a total joke.

Its slow time, but wishful posts should at least be minimally possible and not completely ridiculous. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Whatever happens , Ainge has collected an impressive bunch of assets , remember when he took over, the only flippable player of value was Eric Williams......

It's too bad Bogans cannot be flipped until DEC 15 , and I don't think they should risk getting stuck with Humphry's , his $12M salary is the Celtics best opportunity to adding another core , impact player 

My fantasy is to see Humps$12M salary get flipped for Steve Nash , have him help establish the Brad Stevens era this season and then have him to keep or flip as expiring , certainly Nash would be the ULTIMATE expiring player to flip, before the expiring season, or at the trading deadline to a contending team one player away.......I think STEVE NASH would be the perfect on court coach to mentor Rajon Rondo this season and would be one of the most popular Cetics in recent memory...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Whatever happens , Ainge has collected an impressive bunch of assets , remember when he took over, the only flippable player of value was Eric Williams......

It's too bad Bogans cannot be flipped until DEC 15 , and I don't think they should risk getting stuck with Humphry's , his $12M salary is the Celtics best opportunity to adding another core , impact player 

My fantasy is to see Humps$12M salary get flipped for Steve Nash , have him help establish the Brad Stevens era this season and then have him to keep or flip as expiring , certainly Nash would be the ULTIMATE expiring player to flip, before the expiring season, or at the trading deadline to a contending team one player away.......I think STEVE NASH would be the perfect on court coach to mentor Rajon Rondo this season and would be one of the most popular Cetics in recent memory...

no. we can get better than that