It's the Lack of Inside Scoring

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Re: It's the Lack of Inside Scoring

I agree  but KG does not like too go inside>  I remember him in Minny and never wanted the ball inside

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

At least he didn't miss any!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Too many jumpers and not of enough player who can break their man down.  we need Wafer back.....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Good to see you guys getting along.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Very bad loss.  Up 13 on a bad Bobcats team at home and you lose.  Terrible.  Celtics need to score more inside.  Kristic is not the long term answer.  He will be gone at the end of the season. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I posted this under the Celts-Bobcat game thread but it's an appropriate repeat here.

It is essential that we have Shaq & maybe JON too as it's likely Shaq will foul out.  We need them for the "D" we are missing w/o Perkins & also rebounds & offensive ones too when our jump shooters miss. Plus, Shaq, especially, can pound the ball in the basket like Howard, Bynum etc. & give us the inside presence we are sorely missing.

Unless Shaq returns, we are toast. Can't beat Memphis & Charlotte at Home and we think that the difference in our prospective # 18 title is finishing # 1 so we can have game 7 at home vs. the Lakers. Firstly, let me say I hate the Lakers(live in SF bay area & all our teams hate LA teams sort of like Boston & NY). We are basically a outside the paint shooting team. When we do 50%+ we can win. The Lakers, on the other hand, can have a bad shooting night but with Gasol, Bynum & Odom dominating the paint, they get another & another etc. chance getting rebounds. Those 3 can pass it out or muscle a dunk in. Whom do we have.  Perk could but his cement hands didn't allow him to keep the ball. BB is too short & Garnett prefers short jumpers. Other big problem we have is that opponents have 5 to guard 4 as Rondo's inability to shoot a decent % allow them to not guard him closely.

Alas, and I'm ashamed to say it as I'm still angry about game 7 last year about  disparity in foul shots but there was a disparity too in rebounds(yup, I know we were missing Perk) and can't complain about that. The Lakers are 12-13 & 1 and Bulls are 12 or 13 and 2 since the allstar game. Unfortunately, I think the Lakers are the team to beat again. Kobe, as much as I dislike him, is definitely better than our Paul Pierce and the very best since Michael Jordan. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We have one player that takes it to the basket, PP.  No one else. You are right we are a jump shooting team period.  We won't win that way.  Ray and KG live on the perimeter and Rondo can't shoot.  It don't look good boys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Wafer can get to the basket.  JG can as well.  JG just doesnt get enough minutes........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: It's the Lack of Inside Scoring:
    [QUOTE]Wafer can get to the basket.  JG can as well.  JG just doesnt get enough minutes........
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I do not understand why he was taken out in the mid fourth. Thats when the collapse began, and he was re-inserted in the last second. JG had 4 offensive rebounds, the most of each Celtic. Thats where we get killed and dont score more.  I have said it a million times and one more, GIVE HIM MORE MINUTES DOC AND START THE GUY!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

That's what I find so laughable.  All this stuff about KG being so intense in training and he's as about as hard as cotton candy when it comes to effectiveness and banging it in in the post.  A bit sad, really, that it's come down to this for the so-called Big Ticket.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the Lack of Inside Scoring : Exactly! I do not understand why he was taken out in the mid fourth. Thats when the collapse began, and he was re-inserted in the last second. JG had 4 offensive rebounds, the most of each Celtic. Thats where we get killed and dont score more.  I have said it a million times and one more, GIVE HIM MORE MINUTES DOC AND START THE GUY!!!
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Move KG to the 5 and start Green at the 4.  Minute for minute, he's playing better than anyone outside the Big 3.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We have a couple posters on this board, who care about nothing but how pierce does. They're not Celtic fans, their pierce lovers!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the Lack of Inside Scoring : Really? Hey, where did you go last night? You just disappeared like a thief in the night. Now, how about answering that question I asked you. Are you man enough to answer now that you got some sleep? If you forgot I asked you if KG going 0-0 from the FT line is better than Pierce going 5-8 from the FT line. So, what's your answer?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Don't try to put this on KG. Give the Bobcats some credit, they knew who to foul!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics need to score inside but are very limited in the horses they have to do it.

Shaq could have helped a lot.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the Lack of Inside Scoring : That's not an answer, kyceltic! Where are you evading the question? It's a simple question. You said, " At least he didn't miss any!!". So you really believe that KG not going to the FT line is better than Pierce going 5-8 from the FT line? You're such a clown if you can't stand by what you said. I hope it wasn't one of your got caught in the heat of the argument moment that led you to say something like that. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

What does "Where are you evading the question" mean?  Calm down and right write!!  All i'm saying is, someone cost us at the line, and it wasn't KG!! Over!