Its whats best!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Its whats best!!

Being that Brad Stevens is  a new coach and all, I think he should set his tone early. Obviously talking to and and trying to encourage Jeff Green isnt working. Its time to take affirmative action.

Anytime Jeff Green is not performing or not being dominating on the court, he should be benched for the remaining of the quarter. Including the 4th quarter. Having him out there not being aggressive is damaging to the rest of the team. Everyone is sitting around waiting for him to take over and then he doesn't. By then we have fallen behind, which forces everyone else to try and step up a little too late, and it causes them to try and do too much, then we break from our offensive rhythm and usually dont get it back til the end, or the start of a new quarter.

We need to stop making it a point that Jeff Green is our best player/go to guy. Although the first part of that is correct, but I rather go to someone who isn't as good but wants the ball, than someone who has the skill set but is afraid. Based off of yesterday, Sullinger and Wallace should be our go to men. They cant do it alone but together, meaning based on the opponent, game situation, and all other aspects, we should be able to lean on one or the other.

I think this will be what's best, for Jeff, for the other guys, and for the team overall. Everyone has a role and a position on this team, whether its offensive leader, defensive leader, locker room presence, bench player, big man, go to guy, etc. If you don't play your part and contribute, you don't play, no matter your skills or potential.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Its whats best!!

It was a preseason game.  There's no telling what JG's instructions actually were last night.  It could be they wanted to see what some other people could do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

You shouldn't base things off of 1 pre-season game. Still way too early to tell anything. New system is being implemented, players getting use to each other, possible weapons, and line-ups still being experimented with. Plus everyone is still getting back into game form. At least wait til mid to late November to make this assessment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Theres a big difference between being rusty/first game of the season and not trying at all... Theresnno excuses for Jeff Green right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to stackgtr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Theres a big difference between being rusty/first game of the season and not trying at all... Theresnno excuses for Jeff Green right now.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just think it's a bit too early still, to close the book on him. You also have to keep in mind of what we know he can do. What we've seen him do. Should we just forget all about that over some preseason games? But you're right, something is deffinetly up with him. With us, it's all speculation. But if not, now would be a good time for our new leader to start encouraging Green to step it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It is too early, but did they tell Green to take the pre season offf. Noooooo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Wallace said they came into the game too "cool" expecting everything to be easy. Sounds like Jeff in a nutshell.