JaJuan Johnson's impact

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

JaJuan Johnson's impact

Im excited to see this guy play. Tall, athletic big. Was big ten player of the year and big ten defensive player of the year.  Doc doesnt play rooks but last time we had a 4 year guy ryan gomes he got him some run, so hopefully this kid can too.
    He seems to have a very nice fadeaway,good mid range jumper. Only knock is his lack of strength so hopefully hes been hitting the weights so he can bang in the paint. We shall see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: JaJuan Johnson's impact

He will see the floor this year and the Ryan Gomes 4year rook is a good comparison

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

All the young guys are getting playing time. The schedule is not made for old legs. They have to cut minutes big time. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

He better get at least the minutes Semih Erdan got (14 min p/gm)...

That would make JuJuan Johnson's rookie season of the Al Jefferson sort (15m p/gm) where  a rookie played in the rotation every night. I want to see JJ Johnson play 55+ games this year , not for 13 games and no playoff action.
    If Big Baby leaves, JJ Johnson better be able to handle 20 minutes a game, every night. What did Perk play as a rookie, 17 games ?

I hope JuJaun Johnson is the steal of the draft, because I'm checking Marshon Brooks box score every night this season....I hope Danny didn't outsmart himself on this one......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I expect to be pleasantly surprised by JJJ.  The guy has a good head on his shoulders.  He will know how to play within his limitations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I was not happy when we got rid of Semih.......did he end up going back home...?  I am very interested in JJJ.....and the comparison to Gomes is a good one....we need this rookie to be big part of the rotation....this might be one of the best draft picks in a long time...!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

OMG - you people!!

IF he is any good, Doc will play him!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Rivers has NO history of NOT playing any rookie who was any good.  He has a rep of not playing the likes of Billy Walker, JR Giddens and Lester Hudson ................but they all s..k!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Very excited for JJJ, the comparison to a poor man's KG is spot on. Tall, lanky, rangy, focused defensive player. The lockout should've given him some time to put some weight on. Also like that he is 4 Year player, Big 10 Defensive Player, and Big 10 CPOY (I think). Although I like Brooks (we could've used him, too) the Celts needed bigs instead of a backup guard (eventually to be filled by Delonte/Quis).

JJJ Purdue Highlights

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Some other nice clips that show his potential, talent, and athleticism...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

His impact will approach zero like most players chosen that late.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: JaJuan Johnson's impact:
    [QUOTE]His impact will approach zero like most players chosen that late.
    Posted by mlgvt48[/QUOTE]

He was pick #27
    Rondo was #21, Davis was in the second round, Gomes was in the second round.  If is impact is like any of those players, I'll take it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Enjoy this draft choice we are sending away any future ones we have for Paul. They better not be valuable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

His shot compares closer to Tony Battie than Kg. It's high and cosistent but slow trigger. He'll def need to work on his foot work to be on KG level. Would be great if he's can be good on the off boards and and blocking shots off bench more specifically...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvGZYUD3bIs&feature=related

Tony...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCp2TanLYE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

"Very excited for JJJ, the comparison to a poor man's KG is spot on"

Not spot on at all. Is Spot off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Spot off? I disagree...it's only a comparison. I didn't say he had KG's skill set, talent, drive, work ethic etc. All I said was that there are similarities in their games. Tall, thin PF's that are strong defennsively and have a nice jumper. JJJ way more athletic, but KG way more savvy and has more guile. Just a comparison...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

A nice player – will get pushed around down low.  If we get 15-20 mins a game we win. 

I wanted Brooks but I could be wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]His impact will approach zero like most players chosen that late.
    Posted by mlgvt48[/QUOTE]

You should probably go post about a game you know something about.Baseball? Tiddlywinks?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]It all depends on how JaJuan plays on the defensive end. If he plays good D he'll get playing time. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Correct, Fierce.  This is the most relevant fact in Doc's system.  The C's will be yet a year older.  They will not outrun nor outscore anyone.  So, they'll go for efficiency, slowing down the game and playing defense.  If you can't play D as a young guy, you won't see the floor much because pure offense isn't going to win games for this team.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

And possibly Chauncy Billups once he clears waivers!!  Well, CP3 is not happening and we need to move to plan B.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

In a short season JJJ might be a rookie of the year type. he is something special. 20+ per game double double level 

25. This post has been removed.