Jared Sullinger just proved that some are just making excuses

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Jared Sullinger just proved that some are just making excuses

The 6 win streak, you said..."after all we are not the worse rebounder" -- what's up now?  Like a flatfish swimming belly up?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

the biggest factor with sullinger's playing time is his fouls. it's all dictated by that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I still kept saying we needed another big man.

I think you just heard it from me. I told you since the beginning of the season...not yesterday. You said, Terry & Lee will create havoc -- HAVOC ALRIGHT! - you told me I'm negative.

Your mind was not on the center then...you said, center is not needed ----not until

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

People laughed when you always post the last word.....even its baseless -- oh, no brown nosing to the fans pls.

Yeah terry & now bradley wreaking havoc alright...... Focus Fierce! --- to the CEnter!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I will prove you wrong, as always.....you don't know or we ALL don't know Ainge. It's not the salary cap - it's his ability to manipulate the salary cap and bring a player that you have not seen in your dream -- he will bring center! Another mistake Fierce.
    Oh yeah, you have one right...Laughter is the medicine - agree! -- but you read that in Reader's digest.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I think you have not heard Cousin either... not until rumors  Ainge was after the guy.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

....now you are telling the truth -- i like that...the first time u r telling the truth.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Last night 15 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, for Sully.- He is a very good rebounder.

Same coach, same defensive philosophy, but why is it that Sully can get that many offensive rebounds or total rebounds for that matter? Offensive rebounds some just happen and maybe he wasn't following Doc's philosophy.

Let's just stop it with the excuses. KG, Bass, Wilcox, and Collins are just not great rebounders.  No excuse its just a fact.

Jared Sullinger, a rookie, just showed us that it's not Doc or the defensive philosophy of going back on defense instead of getting an offensive rebound. Simply put,  not true.

Stop the excuses.

I don't understand what point your trying to send here.  What are you talking about with KG Bass, Wilcox and Collins.  They are not great rebounders are they?  I don't think its a excuse its just reality.  I haven't read one person say Doc's philosophy was the reason we don't rebound well on the defensive end.   And it is Doc's philosophy to not offensive rebound. That is a fact as well.  

Recent quote from Doc,

“You’re a big believer in offensive rebounds, I think. I’m not. Listen, like I said, you can pick on that all you want. That is a number I rarely look at, is offensive rebounds. Statistically, it holds up. I can tell you, you don’t offensive rebound, you stop transition, you win more games than when you get offensive rebounds. I can guarantee you that on those stats,” said Rivers while talking to a reporter.

So your going to say that doesn't play into us being a poor offensive rebounding team?  Come on Fierce this thread makes no sense.  No offensive rebounds will lead us to having less total rebounds. Who is trying to make excuses about us not being a good rebounding team?  We aren't are we?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Last night 15 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, for Sully.- He is a very good rebounder.

Same coach, same defensive philosophy, but why is it that Sully can get that many offensive rebounds or total rebounds for that matter? Offensive rebounds some just happen and maybe he wasn't following Doc's philosophy.

Let's just stop it with the excuses. KG, Bass, Wilcox, and Collins are just not great rebounders.  No excuse its just a fact.

Jared Sullinger, a rookie, just showed us that it's not Doc or the defensive philosophy of going back on defense instead of getting an offensive rebound. Simply put,  not true.

Stop the excuses.

I don't understand what point your trying to send here.  What are you talking about with KG Bass, Wilcox and Collins.  They are not great rebounders are they?  I don't think its a excuse its just reality.  I haven't read one person say Doc's philosophy was the reason we don't rebound well on the defensive end.   And it is Doc's philosophy to not offensive rebound. That is a fact as well.  

Recent quote from Doc,

â€œYou’re a big believer in offensive rebounds, I think. I’m not. Listen, like I said, you can pick on that all you want. That is a number I rarely look at, is offensive rebounds. Statistically, it holds up. I can tell you, you don’t offensive rebound, you stop transition, you win more games than when you get offensive rebounds. I can guarantee you that on those stats,” said Rivers while talking to a reporter.

So your going to say that doesn't play into us being a poor offensive rebounding team?  Come on Fierce this thread makes no sense.  No offensive rebounds will lead us to having less total rebounds. Who is trying to make excuses about us not being a good rebounding team?  We aren't are we?

Again, it's not true that it's because of Doc's system of not going after offensive rebounds. Remember, in 2008 and 2009 the Celtics averaged 42 rebounds per game in both seasons.

You're mixing total rebounds with offensive.  It's really so simple I don tknow what you're arguing over..

Doc has made clear he wants his boys back on defense rahter than crashing the offensive boards.. By definition, his system limits the teams offensive rebounds..period

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

the biggest factor with sullinger's playing time is his fouls. it's all dictated by that.

True.

Once Sully gets the respect of the refs, he'll be a double-double machine.

Right on  the money.  Rookies have dues to pay in the NBA's star system.  The fact that Sully plays levelheaded should preclude him from gaining a bad rep in the ref's eyes as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Stop the excuses.

Recent quote from Doc,

â€ÂÂœYou’re a big believer in offensive rebounds, I think. I’m not. Listen, like I said, you can pick on that all you want. That is a number I rarely look at, is offensive rebounds. Statistically, it holds up. I can tell you, you don’t offensive rebound, you stop transition, you win more games than when you get offensive rebounds. I can guarantee you that on those stats,” said Rivers while talking to a reporter.

Again, it's not true that it's because of Doc's system of not going after offensive rebounds. Remember, in 2008 and 2009 the Celtics averaged 42 rebounds per game in both seasons.

You're mixing total rebounds with offensive.  It's really so simple I don tknow what you're arguing over..

Doc has made clear he wants his boys back on defense rahter than crashing the offensive boards.. By definition, his system limits the teams offensive rebounds..period

Yeah, but Sullinger is proving that even in Doc's system he's able to get offensive rebounds. 

Sully's averaging 2.1 offensive rebounds this season.

What I'm saying is KG, Bass, Collins, and Wilcox are poor rebounders. 

Sully's per 36 mins is 10.8 rpg. He's the Celts' best rebounder.

My point is it's not Doc's system. KG and the rest of the bigs not named Sully are just not doing a good job rebounding the ball.

Cmon man.... Once again your spinning the subject.. its about OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS, not rebounds in general... What youre saying about those guys being poor rebounders may be true but (once again) thats not the issue. 

Docs system forces players to retreat rather than offensive rebound. Hes quoted as saying the stats for limiting fast breaks leads to more wins then increased offensive rebounds... clear as can be.. all thats left is to draw you a picture

Stop holding on to "I gotta be right"...