Jared Sullinger just proved that some are just making excuses

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Jared Sullinger just proved that some are just making excuses

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Karl

Jared Sullinger just proved to us this season that even in Doc's system, he can average 2.1 offensive rebounds per game.

The last time a Celtic big averaged more than 2.0 offensive rebounds per game was in 2008-09, Perk 2.7 offensive rebounds per game. That season the Celts also averaged 42.1 rebounds per game.

I know Doc's system is to get back on defense. But Sully just proved that even with that philosophy, you can still get offensive rebounds.

So it's crap to say the Celtics will never become a good rebounding team because of Doc's system. The Celts averaged 42.0 rpg in 2008 and 42.1 rpg in 2009. The Celts not getting those same rebounding numbers the last 4 seasons can be attributed to KG's decline.

Great post! i could not agree more!

The solution, enter Fab Melo (on cue)! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Karl

Jared Sullinger just proved to us this season that even in Doc's system, he can average 2.1 offensive rebounds per game.

The last time a Celtic big averaged more than 2.0 offensive rebounds per game was in 2008-09, Perk 2.7 offensive rebounds per game. That season the Celts also averaged 42.1 rebounds per game.

I know Doc's system is to get back on defense. But Sully just proved that even with that philosophy, you can still get offensive rebounds.

So it's crap to say the Celtics will never become a good rebounding team because of Doc's system. The Celts averaged 42.0 rpg in 2008 and 42.1 rpg in 2009. The Celts not getting those same rebounding numbers the last 4 seasons can be attributed to KG's decline.

I give up... you insist on changing the subject to make a point thats irrelavent... Nobody was claiming you cant get offensive rebounds.... just that players are limited in that capacity because DOC DOESNT WANT THEM CHASING OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS.... get it??

Also, where did you see me post the above bold from your post?? Again, youre making up stuff I didnt say... Just stop the spinning... the debate was DOcs system limiting offensive rebounds for the team, which is exactly right.. Now go ahead and make another post having nothing to do with the issue..I give up

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

When will Rivers start Sullinger?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Last night 15 rebounds, 5 offensive rebounds, for Sully.- He is a very good rebounder.

Same coach, same defensive philosophy, but why is it that Sully can get that many offensive rebounds or total rebounds for that matter? Offensive rebounds some just happen and maybe he wasn't following Doc's philosophy.

Let's just stop it with the excuses. KG, Bass, Wilcox, and Collins are just not great rebounders.  No excuse its just a fact.

Jared Sullinger, a rookie, just showed us that it's not Doc or the defensive philosophy of going back on defense instead of getting an offensive rebound. Simply put,  not true.

Stop the excuses.

I don't understand what point your trying to send here.  What are you talking about with KG Bass, Wilcox and Collins.  They are not great rebounders are they?  I don't think its a excuse its just reality.  I haven't read one person say Doc's philosophy was the reason we don't rebound well on the defensive end.   And it is Doc's philosophy to not offensive rebound. That is a fact as well.  

Recent quote from Doc,

â€œYou’re a big believer in offensive rebounds, I think. I’m not. Listen, like I said, you can pick on that all you want. That is a number I rarely look at, is offensive rebounds. Statistically, it holds up. I can tell you, you don’t offensive rebound, you stop transition, you win more games than when you get offensive rebounds. I can guarantee you that on those stats,” said Rivers while talking to a reporter.

So your going to say that doesn't play into us being a poor offensive rebounding team?  Come on Fierce this thread makes no sense.  No offensive rebounds will lead us to having less total rebounds. Who is trying to make excuses about us not being a good rebounding team?  We aren't are we?

Again, it's not true that it's because of Doc's system of not going after offensive rebounds. Remember, in 2008 and 2009 the Celtics averaged 42 rebounds per game in both seasons.

You dodged he question. docs system has to do with us not getting offensive rebounds as a team.  Read the quote.  All the 42 rebounds means is we were a better rebounding team. Again this thread doesn't make sense at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Karl

I give up... you insist on changing the subject to make a point thats irrelavent... Nobody was claiming you cant get offensive rebounds.... just that players are limited in that capacity because DOC DOESNT WANT THEM CHASING OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS.... get it??

Also, where did you see me post the above bold from your post?? Again, youre making up stuff I didnt say... Just stop the spinning... the debate was DOcs system limiting offensive rebounds for the team, which is exactly right.. Now go ahead and make another post having nothing to do with the issue..I give up

Like I said, I don't disagree about Doc's system limiting offensive rebounds. All I'm saying is even with Doc's system of limiting offensive rebounds, it's still possible to get a decent amount of offensive rebounds. The Celtics have done it in 2008 and 2009 and the Celtics are doing it again this season because of Sully.

Jeez dude you need to take a chill pill and just admit it. 2008 and 2009 has nothing to do with offensive rebounding in general.  I agree with Karlost, you are just going to keep spinning the argument.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Karl

Fierce I was only responding to this post.  How the past years got brought up has nothing to do with this.  Not sure who all the excuse people are here.  Like I said we are a poor rebounding team that doesn't offensive rebound.  That doesn't mean we can't get a offensive rebound.  sully is a board eater,  he will always get rebounds on both ends of the floor. U have seen me post many times that Sully is a walking double double if he gets the minutes. 

I agree its crap to say we won't be a good rebounding team under Doc's system.   Who said that?  We probably will never be a good OFFENSIVE rebounding team unless Doc changes his philosophy.  That doesn't mean we will never get a offensive rebound.

Our rebounding will get better the more Sully plays and the more agressive our team gets.  

I am done with this subject.  I think I have made my points and they are very valid.

12. This post has been removed.