Jason Collins reveals he is gay

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Jason Collins reveals he is gay

didn't john amaechi do this?

who really cares what anyone is at the end of the day.  mark my words- the next few years will mark the homo-fascists and queer mongerers having their day in sports- continuous whines, hand wringing and whatnots. 

again- who cares what you do in the bedroom.  shut up and play ball, shoot hockey puck, run pig skin, etc.

i don't remember anyone "coming out" as heterosexual

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

who really cares what anyone is at the end of the day.  mark my words- the next few years will mark the homo-fascists and queer mongerers having their day in sports- continuous whines, hand wringing and whatnots. 

again- who cares what you do in the bedroom.  shut up and play ball, shoot hockey puck, run pig skin, etc.

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was indifferent to him as a player, but I admire the guy for his courage.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wonder how many of his next team will want to shower with him. This is not something to be respected or admired.  Free country but I don't need to know his sex life.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Wonder how many of his next team will want to shower with him. This is not something to be respected or admired.  Free country but I don't need to know his sex life.

You just gave the exact reason why people should come out.

Again free country.  You may support this type of life style but it doesn't belong in my religion.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

eggs actly.  who cares.  the embellishment of fringe lifestyles into the mainstream and the normalization of PRIVATE INFORMATION as stuff that "you really need to know" is sickening.  it's only done under the auspices of social just-us

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

I believe Amechi came out after his retirement. Congrats to JC. The closed minded will do what they do best, express their fear and lack of knowledge thru hatred..... At least they too will "come out" so that we may add face to ignorant tongue.... 

the closed minded?  i am an equal opportunity "i don't care" person regarding anything that is TMI.  i do not watch or follow sports for cutting edge synthetic social justice, details of sexual proclivities or anything like that. 

so that probably is a default "you are a hater" setting that has been assigned to me.  this crappe is so old.  if you don't just belly up the trough and love all over someone's revelation of their TMI and WHO CARES bedroom secrets then you "hate" them....   yea right

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Homo-fascists and queer-mongerers?"

I agree, I don't what anyone else does in his or her bedroom. But to answer your last  comment, being that more than 90 percent of the American public is heterosexual, there's little reason for anyone to "come out."

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I agree, I don't what anyone else does in his or her bedroom. But to answer your last  comment, being that more than 90 percent of the American public is heterosexual, there's little reason for anyone to "come out."

there is no reason for anyone to talk about what they do in the bedroom.  it's not appropriate and in poor taste.  and within the realm of sports, who cares.  does it pertain to how he's a better basketball player?  no.

i don't watch or follow sports to hear about what people do in the bedroom.  period.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Buy low ... sell high

Chance for the C's to bring him back as #3 on the cheap ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I'll put you down as a bigot.

i'll put you down as a lilliputian. 

maybe you should start a michael bloomberg-esque movement to force people to adore homosexuality and all news releases regarding it, or make them wear a yellow star to denote their "bigot" status?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Buy low ... sell high

if the man could only rebound- what any discussion of jason collins should be about...  sigh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

there is no reason for anyone to talk about what they do in the bedroom.  it's not appropriate and in poor taste.  and within the realm of sports, who cares.  does it pertain to how he's a better basketball player?  no.

i don't watch or follow sports to hear about what people do in the bedroom.  period.

You're missing the point. He's not talking about what he's doing in the bedroom. He's talking about who he is. I don't consider that inappropriate or in poor taste

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

You just gave the exact reason why people should come out.

Again free country.  You may support this type of life style but it doesn't belong in my religion.

So just what does belong in your religion? Hatred?  You are a typical bible thumper who picks and chooses what to believe from the Bible... its laughable...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Buy low ... sell high

if the man could only rebound- what any discussion of jason collins should be about...  sigh

http://lexnihilnovi.blogspot.com/2012/07/dwight-howard-meet-jason-collins.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'd like to agree with the "what you do in your own bedroom is your own business" crowd because I truly don't care if you're gay, straight or otherwise.  It's TMI to me.  But then I consider that there are people in this world who would not hire a person because he/she is gay.  That is to say nothing of the many who would shun, kill, shoot, lynch, maim, or torture a person for being gay.  It happens in this world of ours, and it's sad.  I've yet to meet a person who was scared to come out as heterosexual, mostly because there really isn't any consequence for doing so.  Gays are persecuted elsewhere, even in the USA somewhat, an if JC feels solidarity with gays in other places who can't be themselves, then good for him.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I'll put you down as a bigot.

i'll put you down as a lilliputian. 

maybe you should start a michael bloomberg-esque movement to force people to adore homosexuality and all news releases regarding it, or make them wear a yellow star to denote their "bigot" status?

Jason is the Jackie Robinson of gay people.

He is to be admired.

Admire him because he said he is gay?  Whats to admire>??

If the guy ran into a burning building and saved a few people, Id have admiration for him.  If he helped some people make their mortgage payment, Id admire him for that.

Admire cause he told us hes a homosexual?  Sorry, I dont get it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

the thumpers just don't like the fact that they are rapidly going extinct but they must hang on to their book and cherry pick scripture to justify their hate for someone just for who they are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You're missing the point. He's not talking about what he's doing in the bedroom. He's talking about who he is. I don't consider that inappropriate or in poor taste

don' t you realize what the point is?  this guy was never a good ball player.  now he's over the hill.  he's on the 21st minute of his (statistics only ever warranted) FIVE minutes of fame.  this is self preservation- meld and gird yourself with some perceived-to-be-hip social justice and maybe someone will mercy-sign you for one more year. 

last i knew, the nba was not about "who" people are- and if it was about that then we'd find there are an incredible number of JR Rider / latrine sprewell / other unsavory types of personas dwelling on your otherwise unsuspecting home team roster