Jeff Green & Rondo are a better duo than Amare and Dramelo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Jeff Green & Rondo are a better duo than Amare and Dramelo

Rondo & Green are as athletic and explosive as any duo in the NBA , but what makes them so valuable to a team, is the way the contribute to the WIN.

Yes people, it's all about winning the game - not filling up the stat sheet.

I watched Amare's entire career and he was rarely if ever part of the WIN. The guy might score 40 and grab 20 boards - and the Suns would lose by 15. I saw it happen all the time. In a tight game, the guy was usually a non-factor. Zero effort on D , and his rebounding was the equivalent of a first inning solo home run. Nothing to do with the actual outcome.... Never did I see him come up with a rebound when it meant something - Big Baby Davis does it so often no one even mentions it anymore. And Amare has never taken a charge in his life. Carmelo doesn't scare me either.

With Rondo, there is a burning SOCIOPATHIC desire to win the game. With all his annoying deficiencies, he is still a Natural Born Killer who is ALWAYS a key factor in the win.

I can't believe you people aren't giving Danny major "props" for adding one of the top 10 best young players in the league. 
     http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3ad78d0be0-805a-4777-8ac9-f43871250706

What young players would you rather have than Jeff Green ?
    Blake Griffin
    Kevin Durant
    Westbrook
    Deron Williams
    Derrick Rose
    Al Horford
    John Wall
    Joakim Noah

That's a pretty elite group, and Jeff Green is absolutely on that same level.

You can't win a championship with a bunch of complimentary  players, you have to have All Stars , and now Rondo has a legit All Star to run with for years to come. There's no doubt in my mind Jeff Green will sign a long term deal to stay in Boston. This is the perfect situation for him. Even coming off the bench, he will probably lead the Celtics in minutes for the remainder of the season and only Rondo will get more minutes than him in the playoffs.

Can't wait to see the new look Celtics tonight on NBA TV

Kristic is absolutely capable of giving the Celtics 20 effective minutes every night , and that includes the playoffs. You know, they do give these guys 6 fouls to use every night....As long as Shaq is available for 20 minutes a night come playoff time, I'd say Kristic is every bit Perk's equal. His percieved defensive and "toughness" deficit is offset by his far superior offensive game.

What team is going to be able to score with an uptempo running Celtics team ?
    ANSWER: NO ONE !

And Danny hasn't even filled the 3 open roster spots yet.
    Even if the best he can do is Rasheed and Leon Powe , the addition of Jeff Green makes the Celtics a younger and more explosive offensive team.

Who afraid of Dwight Howard ? The Celtics can go run and gun and Dwight Howard will be a non-factor.

SNAP OUT OF IT !

Danny Ainge has made one of the greatest trades in Celtics history , certainly this one is equal to landing Ray Allen and KG.

And the C's are better positioned to re-sign Big Baby (DO IT!) and keep this championship window WIDE OPEN for the next 5 years !

Like a rainbow in the dark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOAtzLARKl0&feature=related

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Jeff Green & Rondo are a better duo than Amare and Dramelo

Jeff Green's a very good player, but he's not on the same level as the players you listed. Those are top tier players such as Durant, Griffin, Rose etc.
        I do agree to a degree that with his speed, he will give the C's another dimension. He's a tall and strong 3 and can also play the 4 effectively with certain matchups.
         Losing Perk is a big question mark right now. How will Shaq hold up in terms of his health?  He's been in and out of the line up all season. You can't rely on J. O'neil to play. However the C's may get lucky and both O'neals may get and stay healthy for the rest of the season. If this does happen and I wouldn't bet on it, Perk won't be missed as much. If the O'neals continue to have injury problems, Perk will be missed alot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i go ballistic everytime i see a stupid post like this --  they haven't played a single game yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green & Rondo are a better duo than Amare and Dramelo:
    [QUOTE]i go ballistic everytime i see a stupid post like this --  they haven't played a single game yet.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

HAHA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You have never watched a b-ball game before, huh? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Yeah, I know the feeling 

I go ballistic whenever I see idiots wearing Che Guevara t-shirts...
    And who is this Chris Johnson guy ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Jeff Green & Rondo are a better duo than Amare and Dramelo"

Explain please......have you seen them played together? This is the type of post that make this forum stupid.

Let say you saw them both played in your dream...
    By the time Jeff Green gets his minutes, Pierce and Rondo in the bench resting.
    I thought Danny said he's a backup for Pierce?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]i go ballistic everytime i see a stupid post like this --  they haven't played a single game yet.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che I have to agree with you on that.  LMAO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I think someone's been hitting the "Cess Buds" too hard lately.

Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

.....why do I have to explain anything ?

I'm a lifelong Celtic fan - as in fanatic

Are you gonna get on me for not using a comma in the last sentence too ?

My point is that Danny Ainge landed one of the top young players in the entire NBA. A player who does more than star on Sportscenter, Twitter , the Nightclub or the Police Log.......comprende ?

Jeff Green and Rondo give the Celtics two cornerstone players to build an entire new team around. This is gonna make the the Big Three's transition to bench players so much easier.

Yeah man, I DO hope KG signs an extension and Ray Allen too. And it wouldn't shock me at all if Jeff Green takes Pierce's starting job by this time next year. That doesn't mean Pierce is a has been and can no longer contribute, it just means the Celtics would now have Pierce play 25-28 minutes a game and be fresh every single night. Same thing with KG. It's actually just as likely that Jeff Green starts at power forward next season and KG comes off the bench for just under 30 minutes a game.

That's not a weakness, that just means the Celtics are gonna remain an elite team and that they've found a great young stud who's worthy of taking the starting job of a Hall of Famer.

And do you really think you're NOT going to see KG, PP , RA, JG and RR on the floor together at the end of every playoff game ? That's the best 5 players on the team, forget about who THEY match up against - who is gonna be able to match up with THEM ?

I don't really understand the attitude of many so-called sports fans these days. Can't you even enjoy watching this historic collection of Celtic talent right now ?

Jeff Green is the perfect bridge to the New Celtic Order. It is Rondo's team now, and Jeff Green is gonna be his #1 option within 2 weeks. Don't you think the older guys know that already ? It's no knock on them, it's gonna make their careers longer and don't you think they appreciate getting someone worthy of replacing them ? Now they don't have to worry about getting dumped like Baron Davis just did.

Maybe you don't remember, but once upon a time, the Celtics drafted a guy named Len Bias , and for 24 hours , everyone knew the Celtics were gonna remain on top as #33 #32 and #00 weren't gonna have to carry the entire load anymore. We all know what happened. The old big three had to play 40+ minute every night and they all ended up breaking down. The Celtics have been waiting for a guy like Jeff Green since June of 1986....

I refuse to curb my enthusiasm on this trade. And why does everything have to be written in a perfectly balanced way ? What is this , a position paper for Foreign Policy Review ?

Enlighten Up !

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Why discuss duos?

It is the effect on the Celtics over all that is the issue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE].....why do I have to explain anything ? I'm a lifelong Celtic fan - as in fanatic Are you gonna get on me for not using a comma in the last sentence too ? My point is that Danny Ainge landed one of the top young players in the entire NBA. A player who does more than star on Sportscenter, Twitter , the Nightclub or the Police Log.......comprende ? Jeff Green and Rondo give the Celtics two cornerstone players to build an entire new team around. This is gonna make the the Big Three's transition to bench players so much easier. Yeah man, I DO hope KG signs an extension and Ray Allen too. And it wouldn't shock me at all if Jeff Green takes Pierce's starting job by this time next year. That doesn't mean Pierce is a has been and can no longer contribute, it just means the Celtics would now have Pierce play 25-28 minutes a game and be fresh every single night. Same thing with KG. It's actually just as likely that Jeff Green starts at power forward next season and KG comes off the bench for just under 30 minutes a game. That's not a weakness, that just means the Celtics are gonna remain an elite team and that they've found a great young stud who's worthy of taking the starting job of a Hall of Famer. And do you really think you're NOT going to see KG, PP , RA, JG and RR on the floor together at the end of every playoff game ? That's the best 5 players on the team, forget about who THEY match up against - who is gonna be able to match up with THEM ? I don't really understand the attitude of many so-called sports fans these days. Can't you even enjoy watching this historic collection of Celtic talent right now ? Jeff Green is the perfect bridge to the New Celtic Order. It is Rondo's team now, and Jeff Green is gonna be his #1 option within 2 weeks. Don't you think the older guys know that already ? It's no knock on them, it's gonna make their careers longer and don't you think they appreciate getting someone worthy of replacing them ? Now they don't have to worry about getting dumped like Baron Davis just did. Maybe you don't remember, but once upon a time, the Celtics drafted a guy named Len Bias , and for 24 hours , everyone knew the Celtics were gonna remain on top as #33 #32 and #00 weren't gonna have to carry the entire load anymore. We all know what happened. The old big three had to play 40+ minute every night and they all ended up breaking down. The Celtics have been waiting for a guy like Jeff Green since June of 1986.... I refuse to curb my enthusiasm on this trade. And why does everything have to be written in a perfectly balanced way ? What is this , a position paper for Foreign Policy Review ? Enlighten Up !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

No need to curb your enthusiasm, PHX!

There's plenty of time for that.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves.... but...

any chance that JGreen will be starting over CPP tonight???

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In my mind, the only questionable thing Danny did was trade Semih and Luke

They both looked like legit players, and they both looked more poised and NBA ready than most #1st round draft picks

I am glad they didn't give away Avery Bradley, Chauncy Billups for Kenny Anderson never made much sense to me...

Guess we'll have to hold our breath and hope Danny has something up his sleeve. 

It's almost gametime and I'm JACKED UP

Dinner is served , enjoy the game !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In my mind, the only questionable thing Danny did was trade Semih and Luke

I'm with you ON that!
    I'm thinking what Dudder said...that Ainge perhaps trying to attract the "buyouts". If we have slot & vet minimum open, it's easy to convince them to join.

In regards deleting Semih & Luke,
    It's obious now Ainge will not build a team with a training wheels. It's certained, he will not rely on young draft (unless of course a franchise player).
    He will do the same from the past, mix the young with the veterans and win from there.

Semih & Luke coming from a rookie year. He showed case them, ship them the following year. Semih is big and has potential but not in Ainge plan.
    Celtics cannot rely in the draft, they always  gets a bone chips year after year.

Ainge has no patience in building blocks - notice he's always dealing?
    He's more of an assembler than a builder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrue. Show mtrue's posts

I personally liked both Luke and Semih - but really would they ever be anything more than role players?  I think not.  Would they be valuable this year? With Baby, Green, Kristic/Shaq, and another big (TBA) later coming off the bench - I think not.  We are better off with the roster space. But Jeff and Rajon are not really better than Amare and Carmelo.  NY will be a factor - they are not going to be a walk in the park as they have been the past few seasons.  Carmelo despite his prima donna attitude is a great, great player.  He is able to find his own offense anytime - he can shoot, drive and pass.  He is also underated as a rebounder.  A'mare is also a tremendous offensive high post threat - maybe the best in the NBA.  While I appreciate your fervor for our guys ... neither Rajon nor Jeff are comparable to the NY two.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Rajon vs Amare.....look at what they each bring to the position they  play....Rondo is a better point guard than Stoudemire as a FF/C.....Rondo controls the game...Amare does not....I'll take Rondo!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rajon vs Amare.....look at what they each bring to the position they  play....Rondo is a better point guard than Stoudemire as a FF/C.....Rondo controls the game...Amare does not....I'll take Rondo!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

My condolences, Duke4!

Your namesake, Duke Snider, died today at 84.

He was my first sports hero.

Pud