Jeff Green is soft IMO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO

In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : The man can play. Nuff said.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Not only that, let me add by saying the man can play multiple positions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see Green playing with the starting unit. That would be a pretty good defensive team.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

that would be a very good offensive team

I'd think making Green play out of position @ PF would make for a much weaker defensive team than w/ Perk. but it is also match-up driven...

I think Green's D on SF's and the rest he gives Paul and Ray, letting them play their best when the games count, will be his #1 contribution and his scoring to help the bench droughts will be #2.

He will probbaly play with the 4 all-stars at the end of game sover Baby... everyone forgets Perk wasn't on the floor at the end of games

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jeff Green is soft IMO : Keep an open mind, man.  You're opinion may be valid in a month, but right now, it's speculation made worse by your anger over Perk being traded.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Traits are traits. Delonte (as just an example) only plays one way no matter what. Full tilt!
    I have not seen that trait in Jeff Green.
    He was watching Foye drive to the hoop from half court! Kept trotting and hadn't made up his mind to be agressive enough.

It's the stuff you can't teach that makes a champion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : Traits are traits. Delonte (as just an example) only plays one way no matter what. Full tilt! I have not seen that trait in Jeff Green. He was watching Foye drive to the hoop from half court! Kept trotting and hadn't made up his mind to be agressive enough. It's the stuff you can't teach that makes a champion.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Green is not going to watch Randy Foye drive to the hoop in the playoffs. 

Jeff Green has only played 1 game for the Celts. One game is enough for you to conclude he's not aggressive?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : Green is not going to watch Randy Foye drive to the hoop in the playoffs.  Jeff Green has only played 1 game for the Celts. One game is enough for you to conclude he's not aggressive?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Obviously, he isn't aggressive enough to stop a mediocre Foye on the fast break dunk. So how does it get better from here?

My fav quote about Green's poor play by Walton rings true, " it's only basketball".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : Obviously, he isn't aggressive enough to stop a mediocre Foye. So how does it get better from here? My fav quote about Green's poor play by Walton rings true, " it's only basketball".

Foye is a combo guard, super quick and super fast compared to a SF or a PF. You think the Celtics will ask Jeff Green to guard Mario Chalmers or Derrick Rose?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

[QUOTE]Still think OKC were mad for trading Green. He was a big part of their team. Also played out of position for 3 and a half years. The guy has a lot of heart.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

OKC traded Green because they have player in Sefolosha that can do the same thing.  OKC figures Green is near the top of his game and wanted to get max value by addressing their need for a defensive center.  OKC knows that for their team to get at next level changes had to occur.  Remember when the Lakers acquired Gasol he was great, but when the Lakers reached to the finals Gasol hadn't been there long enough to push them over the top.  I suspect this might happen here.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : OKC traded Green because they have player in Sefolosha that can do the same thing.  OKC figures Green is near the top of his game and wanted to get max value by addressing their need for a defensive center.  OKC knows that for their team to get at next level changes had to occur.  Remember when the Lakers acquired Gasol he was great, but when the Lakers reached to the finals Gasol hadn't been there long enough to push them over the top.  I suspect this might happen here.    
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

Thanks for playing GM!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Green was probably tentative because he doesn't know the offensive and defensive sets yet. He will be a good addition and if both Oneal's can come back we will be just fine. Kristic I think will help us as much as Perk would have since he is so much better on the offensive end and will be ok once he learns our defensive plays. Perk was somewhat overrated I think because he was paired up with KG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Jeff Green is soft IMO:
    [QUOTE]Little fire in the belly. Delonte West would not have let Foye dunk on him. That's all I have to say. Neither would I.

First of all, you obviously never have played bball where people can dunk if you make a stupid statement like this.... look at the angles both were at when the dunk occurred  and you see that Green made a great effort.... were you lookin for him to clobber him so that he would get a flagrant??  As to you not letting him? The only way someone like you "doesn't let him" is by tackling him and thats call football dude.........If you don't like Green, thats fine, but think before you post cause all you do is look stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Green isn't soft,hevjustvhas to pick up the off & def sets and spacing. Krstic plays a position that is easier to step and play, especially with Perks role on the offense. Green will be 100% better tonight and by 2-3 weeks he will be making  the naysayers dine on crow. I loved Perk, but we couldn't resign him he wanted too much $$$. Signing Perk and Baby for big bucks would have seriously our ability to stay competetive after this year and next. Being a restricted FA we have more leverage to resign Green,who I really really want to keep. Baby,Rondo,West, Krstic and Green  give us a really nice core group  of players for the near future after the big 3 ride off into the sunset. You figure in the Clips unprotected 1st rounder that could be a lottery pick and we have the ability to reload not rebuild.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : Traits are traits. Delonte (as just an example) only plays one way no matter what. Full tilt! I have not seen that trait in Jeff Green. He was watching Foye drive to the hoop from half court! Kept trotting and hadn't made up his mind to be agressive enough. It's the stuff you can't teach that makes a champion.
    I guess insight and bullheadedness are two sides of the same coin.  I haven't seen Green play that much for the Thunder, and I don't know how his game will be as a Celtic, so I can't comment more as to whether as a player he's soft or not.
    Put up a similar thread in a month or so.  It'll be interesting to see how accurate your posts here will be holding up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The problem with green starting is that it moves KG to center.  I think he can do that some of the time, but not all.  And I dont' think you want your starting lineup to change on a nightly basis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He will be good at the 3, but he looks smaller than advertised.  I dont think we will benefit with him at the 4. I would rather keep K.G. at 4 and play Glen at the 5, or vice or versa...if the other team is not that big, then yes, I think Green playing there would be ok, but just for the sake of chemistry and consistency, you would be better telling him to concentrate at one spot. IF we really do land Murphy then he can backup the 4, but lets keep Green at the 3 to guard the Lebron and Melo's ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green is soft IMO : OKC traded Green because they have player in Sefolosha that can do the same thing.  OKC figures Green is near the top of his game and wanted to get max value by addressing their need for a defensive center.  OKC knows that for their team to get at next level changes had to occur.  Remember when the Lakers acquired Gasol he was great, but when the Lakers reached to the finals Gasol hadn't been there long enough to push them over the top.  I suspect this might happen here.    
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]
    OKC didn't trade Green because of Sefolosha. They traded him because he was losing minutes to Ibaka and Harden. OKC also was seeing a regression in Green's game the past 2 years. The tentativeness seen was not a first game jitters type of thing, that is how he plays. The Green everyone saw at Gtown and his rookie year is not the same Green on the court today. The story goes that KD and Westbrook held Greens game back, but Ibaka and Sefolosha are thriving. 
    As it has been mentioned, lets revisit at the regular season and see who deserves the playoff minutes. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

To DaCeltics point: 

I really do wish I had your ability to assess a player's tangibles and intangibles so quickly.  I'd be making a he11 of a lot more $$$ than I am now. 

And for the record, there is no bigger Bill Russell fan on the planet than me and I've seen players dunk on him.  Rather silly to judge a player based on someone dunking on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jeff Green is soft IMO : First of all, you obviously never have played bball where people can dunk if you make a stupid statement like this.... look at the angles both were at when the dunk occurred  and you see that Green made a great effort.... were you lookin for him to clobber him so that he would get a flagrant??  As to you not letting him? The only way someone like you "doesn't let him" is by tackling him and thats call football dude.........If you don't like Green, thats fine, but think before you post cause all you do is look stupid.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

S.M.D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Jeff Green is soft IMO:
    [QUOTE]Little fire in the belly. Delonte West would not have let Foye dunk on him. That's all I have to say. Neither would I.

Did Rondo drop another big 2 spot on the Clippers, I am surprised because he was on such a roll before when dropped 5 in the prior game.

I am so glad we don't players like Foye - 32 points, 8 of 9 from the line, etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I made a similiar Green statement the day the trade was announced. It seems there are people out there who see Green as they WANT him to play, and those that see him how he played for OKC. I even had one guy reply that Green reminded him of XMcDaniel, who before he came east to the Knicks was an angry, mean beast of a scorer, who got his points and rebounds thru bullishness, which most certainly is not Green. Same guy also compared him to Clifford Robinson, an almost unstoppable offensive player later in his career. Also, obviously not Green. I certainly want Green to play well, but I saw numerous red flags watching him play over the past 2 seasons. The same guy even compared him to that marshmellow Shareef Abdur-Rahim, who got his points on a poor Vancouver team and never won anything in his career.
    Talk about 3 different players, and none of them are even remotely like Green!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And we know what kind of player Green is going to be as a Celtic after, what, 2 games, how?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Green will be a huge part of the Celts run. He can play. I saw him post a couple of times as well as hit the jumper. He is not afraid to mix it up on the boards. Some are saying he did not look that good. I thought he looked pretty good in these two games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]And we know what kind of player Green is going to be as a Celtic after, what, 2 games, how?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]
    Excellant point ATJ! Lets give it the rest of the regular season and let Green and Kristic settle in to this new team.
    I was trying to balance the posts of "Green is the answer to all of the Celts issues" vs "how did Green play the past couple of seasons".
    Green could continue to regress, or he could emerge as a core player for years to come.
    The other point I had made was to keep a close eye on Green's decision making when the ball is in his hands, and on defense. My opinion is that his decison making is often a step slow or an incorrect decision. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

rkarp,

I'm am a huge Jeff Green fan but I have to admit that his decision making has been slow and incorrect.  But, I'm pretty sure that this comes with knowing your teammates and when to pass/where to pass, how to get around screens, where your help will be, etc.  Despite the average fan's viewpoint, it is a game that requires a lot of knowledge and teamwork.....most of which comes from having practice with your teammates to know the system.

I think he'll get there, but its too early to judge a player after 2 games and no practice.  So far, he can only show individual talent but he's not made great team decisions, yet.