Jeff Green needs more playing time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondoguy9. Show rondoguy9's posts

Jeff Green needs more playing time

It is no question that Jeff Green was the best player in the Perkins deal.  With that being said, it is hard to see why Doc has not been playing Green the minutes he deserves.  On a given night, Green will see 19-24 minutes a game.  Last night he played a shocking 29 minutes.  Doc needs to find a place for Green on this roster or else it will go down as wasted talent and wasted opportunities.  He is a scorer, a good defender, and can play against longer and bigger players.  If that means decreased minutes for Krstic now that Jermaine O'Neal is back, then so be it.  I will take Green on the court over Krstic any day.  I hope come playoff time, we see Green in a more established role. 

http://www.thebostonjam.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Jeff Green needs more playing time

I think Green will definitely be worked into a bigger role with the Celtics.  The biggest issue seems to be that he's still learning our defensive system.  Even though he's a good defender, a lot of opponents are scoring on him right now.  But that will get ironed out.  He'll be a HUGE asset when it does!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i like jeff but man does he need to learn how to play some defense

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Paul, Ray, Kevin, 35-45 minutes per game + West, Green, Davis and the great and uncomparable Rondo get the remainder of the minutes.  Some center or group of centers will figure in the equation but at the present time Glen Davis is our best center playing with Kevin Garnett.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rondoguy9. Show rondoguy9's posts

Would Doc ever entertain the idea of using Green down the stretch instead of Baby and substitute size for athleticism?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I think Green would have to get his D up with us in order for that to happen...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think that Doc would love to play Green major minutes. Problem is that the guy doesn't play good defense and doesn't rebound well despite his 6"9 frame. Until now, both he and Krystic often find themselves lost in the Celtics defensive rotations and end up committing useless fouls. If he stays a Celtic after this season, he perhaps will eventually learn to be a more effective defender. In the meantime, he's a defensive liability to the team. As far as his offensive skills go, Green needs to improve his shot selection and learn to play better with his back to the basket. In my opinion, Green has the physical attributes to make him a marquee player in the league, but has not been coached well in his previous team.