Jeff Green played well.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jeff Green played well.

I once started a "Jeff Green sucks" thread after a game he scored 12 points in 20 minutes.

So in a game where he only scored 4 points I want to give him some props. he played excellent defense on Carmelo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Jeff Green played well.

I agree, but he needs to be more assertive on the offensive end of the court. He sometimes is assertive and other times like yesterday he got into the passive mode again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Problem for Green is the game plan is "Jeff just go stand in the corner."

PA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

He hit a key jumper down the stretch and the fans went bananas... confidence on the rise

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Green will make a difference in the playoffs. You instant grad. dudes, give the young man some time. He's got too much talent. Oh, and he did play well in my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Jeff had a good game overall. Only lost his man once (not Carmello) who he allowed free access to the offensive boards for an easy put back. Think that was in the second quarter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

jeff had a great game...good defense..timely shots that he took with confidence..i was impressed!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green played well.:
    [QUOTE]Problem for Green is the game plan is "Jeff just go stand in the corner." PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

exactly.

If he is in the game w/ Ray... shouldn't Ray be standing in the corner looking to be forgotten and get the kick while Doc says "Jeff punish the smaller SF on the box or run up and down the court looking for lobs and  outlets from Rondo"

He has a very smooth game.

But really, if he give sus max defensive effort on Melo-Bron-Deng for 16-18 mins a night, plays 24 ,mins total and gives us 7-9 points, 3-4 boards, a block and a steal that is fine, its what Posey gave.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Green is a good player. I think people are put off by his relaxed manner. And his game is so smooth, it looks like he is not trying.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

It is like when we had Larry/McHale (Pierce/KG) and Reggie/Parish (Green/allen). They were all equally important to early 90's success... but the younger two of both big 3's were more fiery and demonstrative than the smooth young wing and 'ancient' classy vet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Sooner or later Jeff Green will help the Celtics win a playoff game. Just like JO won it for us in Game 1 against the Knicks.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yup, Jo reminded me of PJ in the '08 Cavs series.

Green will have his games like Pose did vs. LA and the Cavs that winds up moving him into Celtics lore.  (if we win a title of course - knock on wood)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

I loved PJ but I don't remember a 6 for 6 with 4 blocks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I loved PJ but I don't remember a 6 for 6 with 4 blocks.
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was a 4-4 with 10 points, 6 boards and a series clinching jumper with 1:21 left in the game... in 20 mins, splitting time w/ Posey in the 4th and playing incredible clutch D as Perk sat.

A 100% EQUAL performance to JON's game 1 of the playoffs last night

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony46. Show Tony46's posts

When the trade came down, I thought J. Green would be heard from in a big way,
    once he had the system down pat. Let's see what he does in game 2., and let's
    not forget Jermaine O'neil.......He was HUGH in game 1..................

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Problem for Green is the game plan is "Jeff just go stand in the corner." PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

i almost barfed when we just passed up on posting up green to get crumelo's third foul.  came down the floor and did nothing, then green goes to bench.  enter pierce who is not going to post crumelo, or at least not have nearly as easy time drawing a foul since he's 2 inches shorter. 

why let pierce do all of this work?  when will doc get smart?  once again, doc proved brilliant on the late inbounds play for the KG oop.  but we need more than that doc.  USE green and get delonte more than 2 shots a game for pete's sake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Regarding Delonte... the guy has fallen in love with the pump fake.. even the side jumper he made in game 1.. first he pump fake from 3 (should have taken the open shot)... got the ball back and pump faked from 3 again (another open shot).. then settled for the side jumper.

Its so annoying wacthing NBA players pump faking their team into 24 second violations.  If the shot is open and its within your range..take it! Especially with the shot clock winding down

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Jeff Green can be great offensively. If he can hold it down on D, it will give Pierce enough time off of gaurding Melo. That helps Pierce offensively.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Melo, LBJ and Deng will be playing 38-44 mins a game in the playoffs.

At his age Paul Pierce CANNOT guard them all those mins.

Pierce has to play 33-35 mins a game, keeping him rested for the 4th quarter and hopefully (knock on wood) multiple rd's of the playoffs.

He has to guard those guys for 26-29 mins, including the clutch 4th quarter mins when he will have nad more breathers than them.

This means you need Green playing max effort on 3 SF's, all closer to his size than Paul, for 11-13 minutes a game. That is not very long to ask someone to waste 2-3 fouls and play the most intense D of their lives.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I want to see him get his offense vs. the Shawne Willaims, Mike Miller and Kyle Korver's who have to play 4-10 mins at SF. If the other coach insists on NEVER letting those guys on the court with Pierce, then Green needs to post them up and humiliate them on offense while shadowing them like white on rice and not letting them get ogood looks at 3's, as they are all one-dimensional players.

It is a major advantage to the C;s knowing they can have Pierce playing 2/3 of the D and Green 1/3 of the D on this elite big minute SF's that will not be able to bget a moments rest on the court b/c they are going to be hounded all game by fresh legs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

THAT is/was a major reason for Danny to make a trade. Look at the  shootout of LBJ and PP in '08.

POSEY guarded James for half that 4th quarter.

Last year, we saw A LOT of TA on LBJ and Kobe. Even tho he is way shorter than Pose/Green, TA's defense was a big reason we made it all the way to a game 7.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

At the very least he comes to play....which is a lot more than I can say about a certain 7' 300 plus pounder I know.