Jeff Green should be traded next

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Jeff Green should be traded next

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fellas - Green is what he is.

A 13 - 15 PPG scorer. 

On a good team, or a bad team.

He can't "step up", that's not his game.

He needs to be the 2nd or 3rd option on a team - any team.

He will never lead us to the promised land - but if we had a "Durant" type player, we'd all appreciate Jeff a lot more!

[/QUOTE]

not 2nd

third

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

You're the "ST-PID" one ... took your own bait ... HOOK, LINE & SINKER ... Hahaha!!!

You just post on another thread a few days ago that Johnson was brought in at SG so forget any idea of Turner?  And before that you said that Bayless would be SG behind Bradley rather than PG ... Hahaha!!!

So I post that the 10 day contracted wing can fill in for Green (tongue in cheek) and you take that seriously .... Hahaha, more evidence of your lack of reading comprehension ... Your one D-MB DUDE!!!

You're the one who posted that Chris Johnson would replace Jeff Green.

Here:

posted at 1/17/2014 1:15 AM EST

• Mployee8
    • First: 7/8/2008
    • Last: 1/17/2014

Chris Johnson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

By the way, Mployee, I never said Chris Johnson was going to play SG for the Celts.

Your  s-h-o-r-t  term memory must be failing you again for the nth time.

Feel free to show the post where I said Chris Johnson would be a SG with the Celts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're the "ST-PID" one ... took your own bait ... HOOK, LINE & SINKER ... Hahaha!!!

You just post on another thread a few days ago that Johnson was brought in at SG so forget any idea of Turner?  And before that you said that Bayless would be SG behind Bradley rather than PG ... Hahaha!!!

So I post that the 10 day contracted wing can fill in for Green (tongue in cheek) and you take that seriously .... Hahaha, more evidence of your lack of reading comprehension ... Your one D-MB DUDE!!!

[/QUOTE]

You're the one who posted that Chris Johnson would replace Jeff Green.

Here:

posted at 1/17/2014 1:15 AM EST

• Mployee8
    • First: 7/8/2008
    • Last: 1/17/2014

Chris Johnson

[/QUOTE]

Yeah ... you don't get sarcasm in your country?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

More personal attacks.

That's the problem with you, when you can't win the argument, you resort to personal attacks.

You call me dumb when you're the one who said Larry Sanders is the next Robert Parish.

Such a ludicrous comparison.

HAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Yeah ... you don't get sarcasm in your country?????

You already cried wolf too many teams.

Didn't you threaten to sue BDC before then backtracked by saying you were just joking?

Two seasons ago didn't you threaten to expose my IP address by using your friend from the NSA?

You've become the board idiot, Mployee.

It is what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By the way, Mployee, I never said Chris Johnson was going to play SG for the Celts.

Your  s-h-o-r-t  term memory must be failing you again for the nth time.

Feel free to show the post where I said Chris Johnson would be a SG with the Celts.

[/QUOTE]

So now you're saying he'll play F for the C's .... ????????????????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would try and package Rondo and Green for Love at some point. No one is going to touch Wallace so I can eventually see Ainge using amnesty on him.

[/QUOTE]

Wallace is not eligible for amnesty.  They either trade him, buy him out, or cut him.  A trade is like trying to trade Crl Crawford.  You will have to include an Adrian GOnzalez to get virtually anyone to bite on a trade.  If he gets unhappy enough he might accept a reasonable buy out.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's right I keep forgetting that fact. Man, I know it's not my money but I would just try to buy him out to get his poisonous attitude out the locker room.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With no impact players entering Free Agency until after the 2014-15 season, DA can afford to keep Bass and take on the contracts of players like Joel Anthony as they will be expiring contracts during the 14-15 season, just in time for the big fish to hit the marker. players with guarenteed contracts beyond 2014-15 should be trade priority #1. With Lee gone, that leaves Wallace, and Green. Green is by far the more tradable asset at this time. Boston may not get a #1 draft pick for him because he is overpaid and has sucked donkey balls. But they might get an expiring contract or a young raw prospect.

[/QUOTE]

Problem is, Green fills a huge void. You want Wallace getting all those minutes at SF? Bass can defend some SF's but who else do we have to play that position?

[/QUOTE]

he doesn't really fill anything. he's a stiff 80% of the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would try and package Rondo and Green for Love at some point. No one is going to touch Wallace so I can eventually see Ainge using amnesty on him.

Wallace is not eligible for amnesty.  They either trade him, buy him out, or cut him.  A trade is like trying to trade Crl Crawford.  You will have to include an Adrian GOnzalez to get virtually anyone to bite on a trade.  If he gets unhappy enough he might accept a reasonable buy out.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh, that's right I keep forgetting that fact. Man, I know it's not my money but I would just try to buy him out to get his poisonous attitude out the locker room.

[/QUOTE]

i haven't found his attitude to be poisonous. it's a distraction, but a relatively small one, and it's always in the vein of demanding more. and he certainly seems to work hard most of the time when he's on the court. 

if they can trade him, fine. i think he'd be a great addition for a playoff bound team but that contract probably makes it impossible. either way it's fine. 

there's really very few players the Celtics should refuse a 1st round pick for:

Sully - unless it's a top 3 pick or something

Rondo - unless it's a top 8 or so

Kelly - unless it's a top 15 or so

(Edit:) forgot about AB - would have to be... top 10 plus something else.

of course all the other combinations of players and contracts etc. come into play but pretty much everybody else should be available for any reasonable offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With no impact players entering Free Agency until after the 2014-15 season, DA can afford to keep Bass and take on the contracts of players like Joel Anthony as they will be expiring contracts during the 14-15 season, just in time for the big fish to hit the marker. players with guarenteed contracts beyond 2014-15 should be trade priority #1. With Lee gone, that leaves Wallace, and Green. Green is by far the more tradable asset at this time. Boston may not get a #1 draft pick for him because he is overpaid and has sucked donkey balls. But they might get an expiring contract or a young raw prospect.

[/QUOTE]

Problem is, Green fills a huge void. You want Wallace getting all those minutes at SF? Bass can defend some SF's but who else do we have to play that position?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As opposed to whom?  Who on this team is not a stiff?  Methinks your expectations are  a little high!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As opposed to whom?  Who on this team is not a stiff?  Methinks your expectations are  a little high!

[/QUOTE]

methinks your expectations are timed incorrectly. it doesn't matter who is a stiff on this team now. it matters who will be on the team in 2-3 years from now, and i believe, or at least certainly hope, that they can get somebody better to replace Green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

methinks your expectations are timed incorrectly. it doesn't matter who is a stiff on this team now. it matters who will be on the team in 2-3 years from now, and i believe, or at least certainly hope, that they can get somebody better to replace Green.

[/QUOTE]

No, you said he's a stiff - those are your words.  80% of the time is a lot of time to be a stiff.  So, I want to know, who is better on this team, and who can we get to replace this awful "stiff?"

I anxiously await your circmventing the answer!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you said he's a stiff - those are your words.  80% of the time is a lot of time to be a stiff.  So, I want to know, who is better on this team, and who can we get to replace this awful "stiff?"

[/QUOTE]

you have logic problems.

Green = stiff 80% of the time.

who is better on the team now? probably a few guys would produce more consistently, but it's irrelevant. the goal is to determine how to be in the best position in 2-3 years, when they could potentially have someone who is far more productive. trading Green helps them get there. who they play now does not matter.

have a great life. i'll be ignoring your stupid posts from now on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you have logic problems.

Green = stiff 80% of the time.

who is better on the team now? probably a few guys would produce more consistently, but it's irrelevant. the goal is to determine how to be in the best position in 2-3 years, when they could potentially have someone who is far more productive. trading Green helps them get there. who they play now does not matter.

have a great life. i'll be ignoring your stupid posts from now on.

[/QUOTE]

he doesn't really fill anything. he's a stiff 80% of the time

Don't see the word "trade" in there.

It IS relevant.  I have a problem with you use of the word "stiff".  And I asked you a very specific question, which you have yet to answer.  WHO would you rather have who could produce more........."a few guys" is exactly the answer I predicted you would give - NO answer.......

Get a life yourself, I'm entitled to disagree with you.

We have Green, and while he may be a tradeable asset, I personlly don't think he will be traded, nor do I think he is a "stiff." 

80% of the time?  Really???

Who has logic problems?

Ignore me all you want............(you won't)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You trade Green to fill our most pressing need(center) or a SF. The void you allude to is by no means filled considering his inconsistency. If we get a center for him, then hunt for a SF via free agency or the draft. We rolled the dice on him & lost. Roll again on someone else...

[/QUOTE]

You're off base. It IS filled. His calibre of play has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. Who else, currently on our roster can play SF other then Wallace? Even with his inconsistant play, he's still our leading scorer, averaging 16 points a game. If you wanna say "get a SF back in return for trading JG", that's fine. But the only talk I've heard of with Green being traded was either him or Bass + ...... for Asik. I've not heard of any interest in any SF's to replace Green. This Chris Johnson is not a replacement for Green. Even in a tanking situation DA wouldn't go to THAT extreme. At 6'6, I woundn't even consider him a forward in the NBA. Besides, I think he's here mainly as a backup/last resort at SG (Bogan's minutes, or lack there of).

"i personally couldn't care less if Wallace or Joe Shmo fill the minutes. what's the difference when you're a lottery team?" - mossad-did-911

As I stated earlier. I don't think the C's would go to THAT extreme to tank. Besides, with that analogy, why not keep the inconsistant Jeff Green?

I'm not defending this guy. I'm just saying we don't have any other options from what i can see.

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but your post elicited our two responses by adding the word huge. Then you go about answering your own question by adding 3 possibilities(Wallace, Bass, Trade). In the future you may want to ask and answer your own questions so that you get the response that you desire.

All I know is that the Jeff Green experiment should be winding down. It may not have been a huge mistake, but his presence is no longer required...

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I"m not the one who mentioned a trade as a possibility. It may or may not be. Nor did I suggest playing Bass as a possibility. I merely mentioned that he's guarded Melo and Lebron in the past. Bass is no SF, and there's a reason for that. So that leaves just Wallace.... that sure looks like a huge void to me. Not looking for a "desired response" to my question. In fact, it really wasn't a question at all. It's logic. Sorry if I fooled you. "his presence is no longer required" ? Are you speaking for the organization? The fans? Or just yourself?

[/QUOTE]

A trade would be the most obvious way to fill that huge void that apparently only you can see. No use even bringing up Bass if he is not a viable candidate. Most importantly-who cares; were tanking. And those last three questions remind me of a dog trying to bite his own tail. Congratulations-you've succeeded! 

[/QUOTE]

Someone is mad again. Grr.

[/QUOTE]

Awww- You're overdue unleashing your alter egos, Brian. What colour are you today? Laughing  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You trade Green to fill our most pressing need(center) or a SF. The void you allude to is by no means filled considering his inconsistency. If we get a center for him, then hunt for a SF via free agency or the draft. We rolled the dice on him & lost. Roll again on someone else...

[/QUOTE]

You're off base. It IS filled. His calibre of play has nothing to do with what i'm talking about. Who else, currently on our roster can play SF other then Wallace? Even with his inconsistant play, he's still our leading scorer, averaging 16 points a game. If you wanna say "get a SF back in return for trading JG", that's fine. But the only talk I've heard of with Green being traded was either him or Bass + ...... for Asik. I've not heard of any interest in any SF's to replace Green. This Chris Johnson is not a replacement for Green. Even in a tanking situation DA wouldn't go to THAT extreme. At 6'6, I woundn't even consider him a forward in the NBA. Besides, I think he's here mainly as a backup/last resort at SG (Bogan's minutes, or lack there of).

"i personally couldn't care less if Wallace or Joe Shmo fill the minutes. what's the difference when you're a lottery team?" - mossad-did-911

As I stated earlier. I don't think the C's would go to THAT extreme to tank. Besides, with that analogy, why not keep the inconsistant Jeff Green?

I'm not defending this guy. I'm just saying we don't have any other options from what i can see.

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but your post elicited our two responses by adding the word huge. Then you go about answering your own question by adding 3 possibilities(Wallace, Bass, Trade). In the future you may want to ask and answer your own questions so that you get the response that you desire.

All I know is that the Jeff Green experiment should be winding down. It may not have been a huge mistake, but his presence is no longer required...

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. I"m not the one who mentioned a trade as a possibility. It may or may not be. Nor did I suggest playing Bass as a possibility. I merely mentioned that he's guarded Melo and Lebron in the past. Bass is no SF, and there's a reason for that. So that leaves just Wallace.... that sure looks like a huge void to me. Not looking for a "desired response" to my question. In fact, it really wasn't a question at all. It's logic. Sorry if I fooled you. "his presence is no longer required" ? Are you speaking for the organization? The fans? Or just yourself?

[/QUOTE]

Too bad.Some posters are already crucifying Chris Johnson,probably aome never saw him playing.Of course he is not a superstar,that is why he is playing in the D-league.I have seen him playing 4-5 time.He is 6.6 ft shooting guard,good shooter from 3 points range,not a bad defender and very cheaper.He may become a good second unity player.Give the guy a chance.Let support him as a celtic.In the 60,s the celtics took a chace with a laker discard and he became a good role player for many years.number 19.Don Nelson.Go celtics

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

who spells color with a u, tomobo? what a touol. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Some posters ara already crucifying Chris Johnson,Probably some of them never saw the guy playing.SSaw him about 5 times.Of course he is not a superstar,that is why is playing in the D-league.He is 6.6 ft shooting guard,good 3 poit shooter,decent defender,has some potential.Give the guy a chance.Lets support him as a celtic.In the 60,s the celtics took a chance with a lakers discard and he became a very good role player for many years.Number 19.Don Nelson.Go celtics.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

So now you're saying he'll play F for the C's .... ????????????????????

BOOM!!!

You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Once again you lied.

Like I said, I never posted anything about Chris Johnson playing SG for the Celts.

Until now you continue to support my claim that you're indeed a serial liar.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I've been riding Green hard lately and for good reason.  Why would anyone believe Green would be better if he were the 2nd or 3rd option?  Hey folks, although he is the Celtics leading scorer, Jeff Green IS THE CELTICS 3rd option TODAY!  What team's 1st option spots up most possessions in the corner and waits to get involved?  What team's first option is so inconsistent that he frequently goes extended periods of time without scoring?

Right now, AB is our first option.  I truly believe that Sully is our second option.  These guys are more aggressive and they look to make things happen for themselves and most often things do happen for them.

The fact that Green is the team's leading scorer speaks volumes of his abilities in spite of his mentality on the court.  But it doesn't matter because the Celtics can get that production from a cheaper, more intense, more active, harder working, less gifted player than Green.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who spells color with a u, tomobo? what a touol. 

[/QUOTE]

An immigrant, tu eres idiota...

American exceptionalism @ its finest! Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Give JG some time with RR and some may change their minds. JG is a slasher and RR is a passer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I've been riding Green hard lately and for good reason.  Why would anyone believe Green would be better if he were the 2nd or 3rd option?  Hey folks, although he is the Celtics leading scorer, Jeff Green IS THE CELTICS 3rd option TODAY!  What team's 1st option spots up most possessions in the corner and waits to get involved?  What team's first option is so inconsistent that he frequently goes extended periods of time without scoring?

Right now, AB is our first option.  I truly believe that Sully is our second option.  These guys are more aggressive and they look to make things happen for themselves and most often things do happen for them.

The fact that Green is the team's leading scorer speaks volumes of his abilities in spite of his mentality on the court.  But it doesn't matter because the Celtics can get that production from a cheaper, more intense, more active, harder working, less gifted player than Green.

Jeff Green is in the top 10 in points per game among SFs.

Among the top 10, only Nick Young is cheaper than Jeff Green.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/position/small-forwards

Evan Turner is on a rookie contract who's going to become a RFA after the season.

So we'll know more once Turner signs his new deal.

At the time Ainge signed Jeff Green, Green was already an unrestricted FA.

Would you rather Ainge just let Green go and the Celts get nothing in return? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A trade would be the most obvious way to fill that huge void that apparently only you can see. No use even bringing up Bass if he is not a viable candidate. Most importantly-who cares; were tanking. And those last three questions remind me of a dog trying to bite his own tail. Congratulations-you've succeeded! 

[/QUOTE]

Someone is mad again. Grr.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. He starts his post out with "no offense", but now, it sounds like that was his only intent. Didn't realize tomobo was the moderator in what we can and cannot bring up in here. Sorry about mentioning and apparently confusing you with Bass tomobo. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. Now relax, and pull.