Jeff Green Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Jeff Green Watch

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why calm down. Gerald Wallace is in the same boat as Jeff only when Wallace plays he is highly effective in EVERY ASPECT of the game. He is DECISIVE when he is on the court, with or without the ball. That is floor leadership. Jeff is very indecisive in most aspects, and that is what everyone is essentially coplaining about. Not making up his mind to get points for himself or others. He looks like he is slowly making things up as he goes along. No plan of attack and it shows.

[/QUOTE]

Green is a 27 year old sixth man who is a guaranteed starter, and been told by the GM that he and Rondo are cornerstones to a new team.   Wallace is a 31 year old who Danny tried to trade and still wants to move.  I'm guessing Wallace is feeling a little "I gotta prove something" while Green is feeling "I'm going to take it easy and work myself into shape while learning the coach's system".

Let's have the debate in December or January.   It won't matter, anyway.  The C's will be losers this season and that's what Danny wants so his draft choices are worth more.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Jeff had a strong play off run but a weak pre-season; obviously the playoffs trump per-season so nothing more needs saying. Jeff is an off the ball player with a good corner three and a quick first step. But he is relatively weak with the ball in his hands trying to create for his teammates, he doesn't see the court that well but Rondo, Sully, Olly all do, so he is covered. Jeff played some hellacitious defense in the playoffs as well; all in all for a guy a year from open heart surgery I think the playoffs acquitted Danny for the trade and the investment In JG. He needs to hard foul Dirty Wade to get back at him for that opening season game take down Dirty laid on him and then I'll know Jeff's got some street fight, which as Paul Pierce knows (and Dave Cowens and countless other Celtics)is part of being a champion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtics fans are amazing.   Preseason where coaches play inconsitent minutes with all kinds of combinations and stars sitting games and the folks here are freaking out saying Green sucks.  Probably same people who said it at the beginning of the last season...Then, as he got stronger as the season went on - the naysayers said "wow, he should play more and Doc should sit Pierce". 

Patience, folks, patience.  The season hasn't even started and the coach is just trying things.  Heck, they haven't even been using this coach's plays for more than a few weeks!!!!   

Please calm down, fans.  Let's give the coach and his players a chance.   We're going to see a lot of experimenting.

Pierce had 6 points so far tonight, Garnett has 2 and last game all game he had 4 points.   Its pre-season, not one's doing anything but getting in shape.

[/QUOTE]

true! same people

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why calm down. Gerald Wallace is in the same boat as Jeff only when Wallace plays he is highly effective in EVERY ASPECT of the game. He is DECISIVE when he is on the court, with or without the ball. That is floor leadership. Jeff is very indecisive in most aspects, and that is what everyone is essentially coplaining about. Not making up his mind to get points for himself or others. He looks like he is slowly making things up as he goes along. No plan of attack and it shows.

[/QUOTE]

Green is a 27 year old sixth man who is a guaranteed starter, and been told by the GM that he and Rondo are cornerstones to a new team.   Wallace is a 31 year old who Danny tried to trade and still wants to move.  I'm guessing Wallace is feeling a little "I gotta prove something" while Green is feeling "I'm going to take it easy and work myself into shape while learning the coach's system".

Let's have the debate in December or January.   It won't matter, anyway.  The C's will be losers this season and that's what Danny wants so his draft choices are worth more.

[/QUOTE]
    absolutely right! they will praise green by then. funny critics!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think Jeff Green will be just fine. I really can't emphasize this point enough we probably won't settle down into a fixed rotations and roles until probably after Rondo comes back. JG is going to be one of main contributors this season.  Stevans approach to the game is more reliant on a team approach to offense as contrary to Docs  2-3 guys shoot and score a majority of points. Saying after watching 4-5 preseason games that JG cannot and will not ever be a top tier starter is both myopic and premature. I am seeing a lot of expirementing going on these first few games and I see some things that only solidify my opinion of how we will be much better than people think, JG performances included. I've seen PP play twice this preseason and I think at this time that JG will a better season than PP will. Nobody beats father time and PP looks even a little slower than last year. I can understand some posters intrepedations after having had such a strong SF for over a decade but I'm not writing Green off at all and think Jeff will be a player that his supporters, which I am one of, will be happy with his performance this season. There are some Henny Pennys out there who are always ranting about the sky is falling. Sorry it's not and we aren't going to go 16-66 like some seem to think is inevtable. You can hammer all day long about this but we aren't going to be a lottery team.  Jeff Green will be a reason that we aren't not by himself but he will definately be an integral part.