Jeff Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Jeff Green

I really like the pickup and am a fan of his game but I have a couple of issues:  First off he is so athletic, but why does he always try to back guys down instead of using his athletiscism to blow people. Secondly, love that little half hook/ baby hook shot he has going on but change it up a little, give a little up fake to get the guy in the air or develope a little up and under move. anyone else see this in his game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Jeff Green

I see a ton of potential.  He has a decent jump shot, great half hook, and very athletic, but he needs coaching to reach his full ability to dominate.

One thing I would like to see more from him is some fire. Demand the ball when he and Davis are the best players out there. At the same time, it would help if they called some plays for him.

Love the pick up. He can give Pierce and KG valuable rest while playing at a high level, but he needs to be more demanding.

That alley oop was crazyyy

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]I like Green's defense. He blocked and changed a number of shots tonight. He needs to be on the floor 30 minutes a game.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

agreed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

He is giving better minutes at the 4

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE]I really like the pickup and am a fan of his game but I have a couple of issues:  First off he is so athletic, but why does he always try to back guys down instead of using his athletiscism to blow people. Secondly, love that little half hook/ baby hook shot he has going on but change it up a little, give a little up fake to get the guy in the air or develope a little up and under move. anyone else see this in his game?
    Posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE]
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. I think you'll see more offensive diversity as his minutes increase. And right now he is exploiting smaller sized defenders with that baby hook. No need to change it up if it's going in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

they have to resign this kid....24 years old, athletic, can score inside and out, can run the floor and block shots...he should be part of the core for our future...I liked Perk but we were not going to be able to resign him.....did we hurt our chances at #18 this year? ....very possibly....but going into next year....are we better off with Nate.....or are we better off without Nate but with Green & Krstic?

I think everyone knows the answer to that question....and if the trade hadn't been made that would've been the case going into next season...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jamez,
    You are right this kid needs minutes.  The more he gets acclimated the better he is going to be both offensively and defensively. With four all stars there is a pecking order and he needs to put them on notice he needs to get the ball whichever unit he is out there with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Jeff Green:
    [QUOTE] why does he always try to back guys down instead of using his athletiscism to blow people. Posted by JMichalski12[/QUOTE]

Umm.   You sure you want to create that imagery here?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

told ya

it's tony allen with an offensive game.
    btw, the hook shot is the most undefendable shot in basketball.  a little okie-dokie addition would be nice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

he and rondo are our "future". they're the ones we'll build around. resigning him is our offseason priority. nothing else even comes close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

I was at the game last night, and Green was a lot of fun to watch.  He seems to have a basic grasp of the defensive rotations now, which frees him up to play more aggressively a little bit.  Even when he messed up his rotation, he ran out every attempt to disrupt the play. 

And between those blocks and that dunk... that guy can flat out leap.  He has much more explosiveness than I realized.  Properly coached, he's going to be a force.  I hope this perception isn't tainted by the fact that I hadn't been to the Garden in 20+ years, and I was just plain happy to see a game, and catch a win.

But it was cool to see them perform in person.  It gave me a much better appreciation of their raw athleticism, and what true freaks of nature these leaping giants really are.  No wonder Shaq's legs are falling apart. 

Oh ya-

Welcome home, Jeff Green!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Green is just plain fun to watch. Easy to see him transitioning into a 30 t0 35 minutes at 9 to 10 rebonds and 18 to 20 points a night guy for the next ten years. He's got a lot of AC Green in his game.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Green : Agreed.  The reason he did not do more in OKC was that he was playing with another "tweener" in Durant and as both of them matured they became less complementary on the court, if OKC wanted to go deep in the playoffs.  I see him and Baby and the four and three of the future and then we go after Dwight Howard...
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

2012 boston celtics and future

Dwight Howard
    baby davis / KG
    jeff green / PP34
    allen/ west
    rondo

bench

nenad
    bradley
    troy
    sasha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I see a ton of potential.  He has a decent jump shot, great half hook, and very athletic, but he needs coaching to reach his full ability to dominate. One thing I would like to see more from him is some fire. Demand the ball when he and Davis are the best players out there. At the same time, it would help if they called some plays for him. Love the pick up. He can give Pierce and KG valuable rest while playing at a high level, but he needs to be more demanding. That alley oop was crazyyy
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

I love Jeff Green.  He's a great talent.  However, as you point our, btownteam, he lacks fire.  I followed him through high school and college (he grew up in my area) and as much talent as he has, he has always been too passive.  He takes control ONLY when he is forced to but will often "let the game come to him" WAY too much.   He needs Paul Pierce's fire and confidence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]I like Green's defense. He blocked and changed a number of shots tonight. He needs to be on the floor 30 minutes a game.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes, and Yes. I have been saying give the guy more minutes. He can give Pierce and Ray rest!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I like his game a lot. He's very athletic with a lot of offensive skills and he's a solid defender IMO and surpisingly a good weak side shot blocker.
       If I were Jeff Green's coach, I would have him work on finishing with his left hand during the off season. I've never see him finish a drive with his left hand. Being to finish a drove with either hand makes a person a much better offensive player. Jeff's a good young player, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I'd love to have him resign with the C's for a reasonable salary of under 8 million per season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Interesting post on Green, at www.celticshub.com.

Basically what the posts says, is that Green is a pretty good defender when defending the threes of the world. It also says he is a terrible defender when asked to play power forward.

Makes Green terrific in the marquis role, but he is not the posey type player who can play the 4. He  just can't defend that position. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting post on Green, at www.celticshub.com . Basically what the posts says, is that Green is a pretty good defender when defending the threes of the world. It also says he is a terrible defender when asked to play power forward. Makes Green terrific in the marquis role, but he is not the posey type player who can play the 4. He  just can't defend that position. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Well it's not like Bosh is super-tough.  I think Green could guard him if necessary.  Also, Josh Smith of Atlanta is kinda the same player as Jeff Green

Boozer and Stoudemire worry me.  Also, Brandon Bass from Orlando is much bigger and much more committed to the block.

Otherwise, name me a big man on the 76ers who makes you think "damn, Jeff Green can't hang with him" - the shell of Elton Brand doesn't count.

depends on the matchup

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night, and Green was a lot of fun to watch.  He seems to have a basic grasp of the defensive rotations now, which frees him up to play more aggressively a little bit.  Even when he messed up his rotation, he ran out every attempt to disrupt the play.  And between those blocks and that dunk... that guy can flat out leap.  He has much more explosiveness than I realized.  Properly coached, he's going to be a force.  I hope this perception isn't tainted by the fact that I hadn't been to the Garden in 20+ years, and I was just plain happy to see a game, and catch a win. But it was cool to see them perform in person.  It gave me a much better appreciation of their raw athleticism, and what true freaks of nature these leaping giants really are.  No wonder Shaq's legs are falling apart.  Oh ya- Welcome home, Jeff Green!
    Posted by JustWords[/QUOTE]
    Nice post, word