Jeff Green's Game is Emerging!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Jeff Green's Game is Emerging!

Jeff Green gets slam dunk and blocked shot with one impressive sequence (Video)

Jeff Green slams it down, then swats Antawn Jamison
    Boston Celtics forward Jeff Green had an unbelievable third quarter sequence where he got it done on both ends of the floor during Thursday night's blowout of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Green threw down a slam dunk, then raced back on defense to block a layup at the rim from Lakers forward Antawn Jamison. 

Paul Pierce closed out the impressive sequence with a three-pointer, and the Celtics were well on their way to a 116-95 victory. 

Video via NBA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Jeff Green's Game is Emerging!

Green is playing very well as of late.  I still wish he could rebound a tiny bit but other than that no complaints at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Green is playing very well as of late.  I still wish he could rebound a tiny bit but other than that no complaints at all.

It will be exciting to witness JGs growth as a basketball player over the next few years! 

The sequence above was special! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I agree.  I think most peoples expectations are to much for him.  Many want him to take Pauls place and in time he will.  But I doubt he will ever be close to  Pierce in terms of coming up big at critical points or scoring.  He obviously doesn't pass that well or rebound.  What he does do is run the floor,  drive to the basket, block shots, and he is getting better on the defensive end.  He will end up being a good complementary player.  If he is ever our best player  our team may be in trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I agree.  I think most peoples expectations are to much for him.  Many want him to take Pauls place and in time he will.  But I doubt he will ever be close to  Pierce in terms of coming up big at critical points or scoring.  He obviously doesn't pass that well or rebound.  What he does do is run the floor,  drive to the basket, block shots, and he is getting better on the defensive end.  He will end up being a good complementary player.  If he is ever our best player  our team may be in trouble.

I am a bit more optimistic. I think there is a chance JG evolves into an All Star player! 

The other great sequence for JG against the Lakers, was the two consecutive drives (right) around Jamison to the bucket! You could almost see the light bulb illuminating in his head! 

He is starting to figure out that he can impose his will, at will, on the basketball court! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I am a bit more optimistic. I think there is a chance JG evolves into an All Star player! 

The other great sequence for JG against the Lakers, was the two consecutive drives (right) around Jamison to the bucket! You could almost see the light bulb illuminating in his head! 

He is starting to figure out that he can impose his will, at will, on the basketball court! 

Hope your right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Hope your right.

DA may have played this hand perfectly!

On the topic of Pierce, he made the pass that resulted in JGs dunk, and hit the 3-point shot after JGs block! A pretty impressive sequence for him, as well! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agree with most of that but I say he's a better defender than Paul both now and back when Paul was younger.   Green's defense on Lebron, Carmelo, Kobe and others has been great and he is the one that made it hard on them to get baskets so that when they scored, it was very difficult shots and out of the rhythm of their offense.  He just isn't in the game enough for me.   I would love Doc to sit Bass more and play Green more and I bet you'll recognize his D (and he'd likely get a few more Boards......certainly as many as Bass!).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Agree with most of that but I say he's a better defender than Paul both now and back when Paul was younger.   Green's defense on Lebron, Carmelo, Kobe and others has been great and he is the one that made it hard on them to get baskets so that when they scored, it was very difficult shots and out of the rhythm of their offense.  He just isn't in the game enough for me.   I would love Doc to sit Bass more and play Green more and I bet you'll recognize his D (and he'd likely get a few more Boards......certainly as many as Bass!).

Bass is 4.9 boards in about 25 minutes.  Horrible.

Green is 3.2 in 24 minutes.  Pathetic.

Like I said I like the rest of Greens game a lot, but a lot of shooting guards are better rebounders than Green. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff really has Scottie Pippen type potential. It's up to him. If his handle gets better(crossover,between legs,behind the back, in and out/jab step to jumper/drive) and his defense gets better(strip steals) and alertness to BOX OUT. Those are his top 3 weaknesses.

He is finally justifying the Perk trade. Very happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Jeff really has Scottie Pippen type potential. It's up to him. If his handle gets better and his defense gets better(strip steals) and alertness to BOX OUT. Those are his top 3 weaknesses.

+1 That is a great comparison! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Somebody post Scottie Pippen Ultimate Defender on youtube for me. I cant do it from my phone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

Somebody post Scottie Pippen Ultimate Defender on youtube for me. I cant do it from my phone.

Pippen Ultimate Defender:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N9vFHYVXtRk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

http://youtu.be/N9vFHYVXtRk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Jeff really has Scottie Pippen type potential. It's up to him. If his handle gets better and his defense gets better(strip steals) and alertness to BOX OUT. Those are his top 3 weaknesses.

I think he has Derrick Mckey potential.  And I dont mean that as an insult.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9vFHYVXtRk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks! I would love for Jeff to be this active and aggressive.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Scottie Pippen was scary good! That is what going one on one with MJ every day in practice will do for you!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pippin and Worthy are all time greats.

Green will not be an all time great.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

JG will ultimately decide how could he becomes!

Jeff Green has had some monster dunks in nearly all of the Boston Celtics' past few games. Even on a night when there were 12 games around the league, Jeff Green's dunks were featured not once but twice on the NBA's top plays for February 1st. Green's dunks came in at the #1 and #4 spots.

Video courtesy of the NBA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Scottie Pippen was scary good! That is what going one on one with MJ every day in practice will do for you!!

True! Imagine if we had Lebron and Jeff Green!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Pippin and Worthy are all time greats.

Green will not be an all time great.

Too soon to write him off. Pippen was too skinny and sheepish for a period. I hated him early on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It really isn't too soon to know that Green will not be an all time great.

He turns 27 this year. He might make an all star game or two, he isn't going to the HOF.

25. This post has been removed.