Jeremy Pargo Waived By Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Jeremy Pargo Waived By Cavs

Pargo would be a decent pick-up (back-up PG), for the remainder of the season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: Jeremy Pargo Waived By Cavs

I agree.   And, he's for free.   He shoulda already been picked up by this monday night.   I don't DA knows anything about him.   I don't think DA is a good judge of talent.   What's the delay.   If DA knows of another pg, then get him too.   More the merry.   Right now the Cs don't have anyone on the team who can distribute the ball other than Barbosa and he's more of a combo guard.   RR didn't have a backup since Cassell and now neither does Barbosa.   I don't think DA knows what to do therefore he does nothing.   He's like deer in the headlights.   Startled.   Scared cause everyone is watching this move and will definitely be commented about.   Most of his other moves, the media just says : 'experienced vet', where they should say over the hill or too much money or too long a contract... I'm interested to see his move, but I bet that since he doesn't know what to do, he won't make any move... 'no move is better than a bad move' is what he's saying to himself (cause he can't judge talent and doesn't know who is a good player to get).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to docc's comment:

I agree.   And, he's for free.   He shoulda already been picked up by this monday night.   I don't DA knows anything about him.   I don't think DA is a good judge of talent.   What's the delay.   If DA knows of another pg, then get him too.   More the merry.   Right now the Cs don't have anyone on the team who can distribute the ball other than Barbosa and he's more of a combo guard.   RR didn't have a backup since Cassell and now neither does Barbosa.   I don't think DA knows what to do therefore he does nothing.   He's like deer in the headlights.   Startled.   Scared cause everyone is watching this move and will definitely be commented about.   Most of his other moves, the media just says : 'experienced vet', where they should say over the hill or too much money or too long a contract... I'm interested to see his move, but I bet that since he doesn't know what to do, he won't make any move... 'no move is better than a bad move' is what he's saying to himself (cause he can't judge talent and doesn't know who is a good player to get).

I am begining to believe this to be true.  This team has needed a big man all season and there is still no rebounder/defender on this roster.  We have needed a back up PG for a long time. Again nothing.  DA hasn't a clue at times.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

If the luxury tax is a problem then you don't max out your signings and you give yourself room to fashion a workable roster.  DA is the problem right now.  A GM who trades away a starting C and has no plan to replace him is a problem.  DA has made this situation himself now he needs fix it.  Dooling could be a quick fix to help the C's get through the season at PG.  However we still have no C because of DA.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

A lot of people think nothing is going to happen.  Especially something really big.  Unless be get a impact player I don't think we are going to be trading youth or experience.   I feel like we may tweak the roster a little bit though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Youth?   Cs only have 2 young players (2 of last 11 draft picks are w/ the team).
       If no salary cap, then DA made it worse.   Cs were the only team offering Terry 3yrs.   Thats not gonna help trying to trade him now or in future.   Nobody was gonna give JG 9mil!   What had he done to deserve that much?   At least James Harden showed up in last yrs playoffs.   JG had never show 9mil worth of ball in his career w/ OKC or the Cs.   Even KPerkins has showed more in his career.   Shoulda giving him the money if on past performance (I'm not saying KP and def not JG deserved that much, but if had to choose one...).   Even RR gets ? 10mil/yr and he's made the all-star team and is mr. triple-double.   JG gets just 1mil less?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mchampion's comment:

If the luxury tax is a problem then you don't max out your signings and you give yourself room to fashion a workable roster.  DA is the problem right now.  A GM who trades away a starting C and has no plan to replace him is a problem.  DA has made this situation himself now he needs fix it.  Dooling could be a quick fix to help the C's get through the season at PG.  However we still have no C because of DA.

This is not the first time DA did something unusual. Remember when Toine and Pierce made it to the east finals in 2002? When Ainge first took over in 2003, his first move was trading Toine.

Maybe Ainge already thought that the Celts were not going to win another championship with the Big 3 in 2011. That's why he traded Perk. Of course he can't say that in public because fans like you would get angry.

Trading Perk was very unusual. Even Doc said that trade could have been done in the offseason. 

Trading Walker was a good basketball move, and repeated by a number of other GMs over his career - he turned into a part-time player at a relatively young age.  The Perkins trade's timing remains a mystery, but earlier Ainge also brought in KG and RA and other pieces and won a championship ahead of schedule. It's awfully easy to sit at a computer and think about all the "what ifs", but GMs have to work in the real world where every trade is made strategically by both teams for the short and long terms.  I am not a big DA fan by any stretch of imagination, but I acknowledge that he's on the inside and knows more about what other teams are doing and thinking than I do.  I never had any confidence in Ainge as a player, and some of his draft picks have been, ah...curious, to be kind, but I think he has the team's best interest in his mind in every move he makes.  Given the key injuries the Celtics have had over the last three years, I'd say he's done as well as anyone could have.  I can't believe I'm defending Ainge; I've entered an alternate universe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

green bass and terry signings killed them

each are inconsistent and overrated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to docc's comment:

Youth?   Cs only have 2 young players (2 of last 11 draft picks are w/ the team).
       If no salary cap, then DA made it worse.   Cs were the only team offering Terry 3yrs.   Thats not gonna help trying to trade him now or in future.   Nobody was gonna give JG 9mil!   What had he done to deserve that much?   At least James Harden showed up in last yrs playoffs.   JG had never show 9mil worth of ball in his career w/ OKC or the Cs.   Even KPerkins has showed more in his career.   Shoulda giving him the money if on past performance (I'm not saying KP and def not JG deserved that much, but if had to choose one...).   Even RR gets ? 10mil/yr and he's made the all-star team and is mr. triple-double.   JG gets just 1mil less?!?!

Two young players? Sullinger, Bradley, Bass, Melo (waiting in the wings), Green, Rondo, and Lee are all relatively young (the oldest on the list are 27)  You must be convinced that youth wins championships, and because there isn't an 18- or 19-yo on the roster, you assume that everyone else must be old.  Also, on contracts, all thingfs are relative.  When a contract is written, a general going rate might be different from one year to one of three years later.  One thing is certain, and that's that contracts don't go down until a player has past his peak and is on a downward slide - Pierce's guarantee for next year is an example.  Young players who can stick in the league are going to get larger paydays.  That's the reality that we can see for post-rookie contracts where the criterion is based on who can pay the asking amount.  We wouldn't want colusion, would we?