Jermaine looks like another player since surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery

In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery:
    [QUOTE]JON has surprised me... I must admit. I had him written off for the season. His stats arent all that impressive but when I watch him during a game his mobility and quickness is noticably better.  Hes getting in opponents way in the lane, changing shots and angles.  Even had a few buckets last night. Just as important, hes hustling... 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I had also written him off this year.  He will be a great help during the playoffs, if he continues to play like he has since being back.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

I went out on a limb and suggested in the poll earlier this season that JO would be the one who would make the most difference in the play offs. Now that we have a different cast I might have to hedge my bets but I still believe that if we don't over play him he could be a big difference maker. It's nice to see what his defensive presence makes to KG and the rest of the team!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

I admit it.  I thought JON was done for good, not just for this year.  But so far, so good.  Crossing my fingers that his knee stays healthy through the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery : ----- baby is 6-9
    Posted by oreed[/QUOTE]

um how do you know Baby is 6'9"??? Do you work for the Celtics? Did you actually measure him yourself? Are you friends with Big Baby? Just curious as to how you know!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NO S-H-I-T! ainge and doc are in far better positions to judge these things than are all the board GMs with their chronic negativity and hysterics!ainge made it clear a long time ago that jo would be quite fine and as good as he was earlier last year when he was somewhat dominant in miami! he may get hurt but so could PERK! thats the risk you take. we have 5 center options! plus 2 other guys not even on the roster. what more could doc had done.. and yep 4 out of those guys are as good or even better than PERK ever was!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I agree CC. I think with JON starting the C's will be tough on D again even if Shaq doesn't contribute alot.  Kristic is perfect for the 2nd unit, he can score and hits the offensive boards to give that unit more scoring punch to keep the C's in the lead when the starters rest. West is really starting to impress now too. Let the playoffs begin already this season is too long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

JO knows this is it for him BBall wise and he is playing with a sense of purpose and urgency. Even if Shaq can't go with this line up and maybe 5-10 good minutes from Murphy we can win it. The second unit is starting to gel just in time and if JO can give us 25-30 for 20 games I think banner 18 will be ours. Don't get me wrong I want Shaq back but watching JO play the last couple of games I think he's looking stronger than he did earlier this year,which should be big boost in the 2nd season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]NO S-H-I-T! ainge and doc are in far better positions to judge these things than are all the board GMs with their chronic negativity and hysterics!ainge made it clear a long time ago that jo would be quite fine and as good as he was earlier last year when he was somewhat dominant in miami! he may get hurt but so could PERK! thats the risk you take. we have 5 center options! plus 2 other guys not even on the roster. what more could doc had done.. and yep 4 out of those guys are as good or even better than PERK ever was!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Better known as... real contrarians!

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hoping he stays healthy is just that:  HOPE

Don't count on Pussmaine O'Neal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

minny fan:

FLUID...exactly what I was thinking.  His knees are fine (for now anyway).  This is gonna sound crazy, but he reminds me of Pervis Ellison.  Regardless of Pervis' shortcomings he always moved like a cat on defense.  JON moves like a cat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Also, to reiterate, our 5 spot has Shaq, Baby, Jermaine and Kristic.  I can tell you that when you add KG to the bigs and use Troy Murphy to hack the crap out of opponents, that Gasol and Bynum and Artest and Odom will not dominate the paint.   Same with Noah and Boozer.  The Bulls will SORELY miss Brad Miller.  If we ever face Orlando, Howard will cause a problem.  That's the place we might miss Perk.

If the Finals end up Celts vs Lakers, I predict Shaq breaks Bynum's nose on general principle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Pussmaine may be a bit harsh, but it is true that he hasn't been the healthiest guy throughout his career.  If he can stay healthy, he is a good fit for this team even in limited minutes.  Admitted big IF. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

I went to the game last night, and got a chance to see O'Neil move around.  He looked a lot better than I expected him to.  Almost light on his feet.  If he can avoid snapping off any more pieces of himself, he's going to give us some quality minutes.  With his pass happy supporting cast, he's going to get easy opportunities to make himself look better than he actually is, and that makes me feel just fine.  More importantly, he had his hand right in the face of every shooter anywhere in his area code. 

He's smarter than people think, I think.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

JO looks like Jo, he avg 13 7 1.4 just last year, thats the type of player he can be when hes healthy, and now hes playing motivated and focusing on the defensive end, with him and kg we probably have the best 4 and 5 defensively against the pick and roll in the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JON is playing 15 to 20 good minutes and is producing.  The guy is healthy now and was a five time All-Star in his career.  Referring to him as if he is a weakling is not fair considering he has come back gangbusters since the first Celtic incarnation earlier this year.  He is a gutty good guy trying to contribute.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Pussmaine may be a bit harsh, but it is true that he hasn't been the healthiest guy throughout his career.  If he can stay healthy, he is a good fit for this team even in limited minutes.  Admitted big IF. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Put it this way, I gave up on him earlier in the year and if he miraculously can stay healthy all the way through, then I'll be thrilled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine looks like another player since surgery : Maybe. Put it this way, I gave up on him earlier in the year and if he miraculously can stay healthy all the way through, then I'll be thrilled.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

He has looked great and I'm thrilled. One worry, though for me is how springy the legs are.  

Been a few times when he hasn't shown much in the leaping department. Like when he didn't even jump for that jump ball the other day, and in Atlanta a throw down he didn't finish from Rondo. Hope it's  just a timing thing.