Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!

I'm sorry folks I'm willing to give him more time but the guy can't even move anymore. He can't jump and is either still hurt or just has no desire to play. If he's not in shape or he's still hurt he shouldn't be on the floor.

Flame away but I'm just not seeing much there. It's one thing to be rusty on offense but you can always give effort. Your offense is always the last thing to come back.

Hello, Rasheed this is Danny how are you doing?? How is the back, it should be fine now. Can you get off the couch and start working out??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!

Are you high every time you post on this board?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Man, you aren't watching the games. Isolate your attention on JON and stop just trying to disagree with me. You will be agreeing with me in a week like you always do. It just takes you longer to see the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!:
    [QUOTE]Man, you aren't watching the games. Isolate your attention on JON and stop just trying to disagree with me. You will be agreeing with me in a week like you always do. It just takes you longer to see the game.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I'll wait until the end of January before making any conclusions about JO's career with the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine wait that's your choice but that doesn't mean I have to follow suit. He doesn't look right as of right now. If he gets better good it helps the C's.

If Perk comes back strong I think JON is the odd man out but we'll see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JON looks bad and out of shape. What is he waiting for?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

JO has only played 2 games since coming back. I think it's too early to say that he's done. 

I don't have a problem with trading JO, but let's wait until the February deadline before making a move. The reason for that is we still don't know how Perk is going to turn out when he comes back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not saying trade him now I said if Perk comes back strong. The thing is we know what Perk brings and JON needs to learn to bring what Perk and Erden bring which is interior defense, rebs, picks, hustle and garbage points. If he's not willing to do that he's going to be the odd man out...plain and simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not saying trade him now I said if Perk comes back strong. The thing is we know what Perk brings and JON needs to learn to bring what Perk and Erden bring which is interior defense, rebs, picks, hustle and garbage points. If he's not willing to do that he's going to be the odd man out...plain and simple.

I agree. Odd man out yes, but he's done? 

I don't think so. Too early to say he's done.

If Perk comes back strong JO has to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

JON doesn't need to go anywhere.  We need all the bigs and thier fouls as possible.  First big is Shaq, next Perk(if Healthy) or JON(if healthy), and finally Erdan.  That is 24 fouls.  I think JON will be back in shape soon and will be productive.  I was listening to the game over the net and they announcer kept talking about getting the ball to JON when he is in a good position.  Give it time.  Even if he can produce, we need the defense and the fouls in late april, may and june.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would love it if JO surprises here.  I am only saying what I am seeing on the floor.  I hope he starts hitting some shots, I can remember when the guy was quite an offensive force.  What is amazing how his shot has disappeared.  Anyone who plays basketball knows the shot is the last thing to go.  All the more mystifying in JO's case.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i'd say anoher significant practical concern is the shak and his 18.8 (didn't really check it but i know he's over 12) fouls per 48 minutes.  he's got to slow down with the hammer jobs.

jerlame showed up out of shape and has only gotten worse now that he's sitting.  the guy really hasn't been in top shape for years now.  i don't see how he's going to possibly turn it around, but willing to wait.  nothing at stake right now in these middle third of season games.

but he looks freggin awful, makes you want to get greg kite out of retirement just to get a few more boards per minute.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

problem is, shaq is getting the ticky tac fouls that will frustrate a player. idk wats going on, and im not saying hes never fouling, but some of the calls going against him are purely anticipation fouls or just ticky tack. 

as for JO, i do agree with Bias, he looks terrible out there. but in saying that, i also agree with p34. its two games from injury so we need  to get him some pt and reps in practice before declaring him done. hes not going anywhere, bc we need the bodies. all of our bigs have been injured at some pt this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's a given that Shaq is the starter. If things don't work out with JO and Perk comes back strong, I think the Celtics should deal JO for a player like Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace, or Shane Battier. The Celtics could really use a player that can play defense on Lebron and can shoot corner 3s. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Here is the problem with trying to trade JON...his contract. It's not like he's got an expiring deal that makes him attractive. Perk is more attractive than JON to teams. JON has multple years left on his deal and he needs to show he can still produce a little to even get consideration for a trade. When I say odd man out I mean out the rotation of bigs. It's going to be hard to move him if he doesn't play well but I've seen crazier things happen with trades.

Trust me i want to see him produce something/anything but I'm not sure he has the desire or makeup to prove people wrong. He just seems like he's taking it all in stride.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

You've seen the best of Perk 2007. Don't expect anything when he comes back. 

What's happening to you was like missing your former b1tchy girlfriend, while the current are sick and svcky.

Like this quotes:
    It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder                            

I’m a fish out of water without you.
    The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected
    You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back

You may be out of my sight… but never out of my mind… I Miss You!

Oh, How sweet Perk!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the problem with trying to trade JON...his contract. It's not like he's got an expiring deal that makes him attractive. Perk is more attractive than JON to teams. JON has multple years left on his deal and he needs to show he can still produce a little to even get consideration for a trade. When I say odd man out I mean out the rotation of bigs. It's going to be hard to move him if he doesn't play well but I've seen crazier things happen with trades. Trust me i want to see him produce something/anything but I'm not sure he has the desire or makeup to prove people wrong. He just seems like he's taking it all in stride.

That's why JO stays put until February, the Western Conference is short on Centers. If JO starts playing well then the Celtics will have the option of trading or not trading him.

Who knows, maybe the Rockets and Celtics will agree to a deal of JO and Bradley going to Houston in exchange for Courtney Lee and Shane Battier. Not saying it will happen but who knows. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JO's been a disaster since coming here.. One injury after another... whens hes played, hes been terrible.. hes had a few 3 min stretches where hes looked ok so maybe hes still got something in him.

No reason to panic now... let him get his minutes and hope he gets himself into the flow. Doesnt look very promising so far but what choice do we have?

Hoping Perk can play some defense for 10 minutes a game.

Anyone know anymore about DWest and when he might be back?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

JO isn't even going to be in game shape come February.  I posted to this affect about a month ago and got lambasted for it.  But the argument, "We don't see him enough to make a judgment" doesn't hold water.  He's on the tail end of his career, and his signing with the C's is all about trying for a ring.  But unlike Shaq, who came into this season in game shape, JO has evidently done nothing in the off-season to keep fit.  Nothing.  And he's even slower than he looks.

It's not just that he's out of game shape, either.  He cannot jump, he cannot move without crossing his feet, and he cannot run up and down a court for more than 3 minutes at a time.  He's not going to be game ready by February, much less January. 

I know, I know:  The C's need all they can get in the middle.  But JO isn't helping this team, he's hurting it.  The only defense he's playing right now is timing opponent's shots for easy blocks.  That's it.  I guess he's absorbing fouls that would otherwise go to Shaq or Erden or Baby.  That's a plus.

So, what's the answer?  Right now the C's are getting by with Big Baby and Semih.  I love Erden and what he's done so far, but he's overachieving right now.  If he can't keep up the pace he's playing at, expecially defensively, the C's are in a bind in that 5 spot. 

I like O'Neal.  He was a seriously talented baller for a long time in this league.  So as long as JO is on this team, I'll root for him and hope he can tune his game back to within eyesight of what it used to be.  But I scratch my head at this decision everytime I watch him play; there's nothing left.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Great post Soups!! Gotta agree 100%. I'm not even sure how we prop him up enough to gain trade interests with limited minutes due to conditioning.

Let's see what he looks like tonight. It won't be long before Doc goes back to Erden.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

You might be right but JO showed a few glimpses of being usable earlier this season. I guess any pro can look ok for a short time... but we dont have much of a choice. JO cant be traded, cant have any value for anyone. Maybe with all the cap stuff that everyone seems to know.. theres a way to get something for him... I dont follow that stuff

Doc & his teammates know if JO is busting it in practice and doing any more on his own to get in shape. I dont think JO will get by in this team if hes not. What may be out of his control is if hes all washed up.. Id say thats a 50/50 proposition right now but would Doc be giving him minutes if he was a bust?

Good question...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Good point.  I can't imagine JO isn't trying hard in practice...I think the C's would ride anyone out of town who didn't work hard in practice.

You're right that he had glimpses of his old self a few weeks back.  I'm hoping he can build on this.  I'm more worried about a contingency plan in the event that one of the bigs goes down. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Right now Doc has no choice. He played Erden WAAAAY more than he expected and got more out of him. He doesn't want erden to hit the wall. At some point he needed JON to be on the floor. He's our MLE guy so he can't just sit. Maybe JON expected to start and got off to a bad start like Quis last year and is just feeling out of place right now. Who knows.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

We are going to need all 24 fouls folks!!!!!  they need to be able to wear down Dwight Howard, Haslem, Illgauskus, Bynum, GaSol, or Duncan.  The key to Banner 18 will come from the 5 position....nowhere else!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Good point.  I can't imagine JO isn't trying hard in practice...I think the C's would ride anyone out of town who didn't work hard in practice. You're right that he had glimpses of his old self a few weeks back.  I'm hoping he can build on this.  I'm more worried about a contingency plan in the event that one of the bigs goes down. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding, ding! You win the prize for finally figuring out why I brought up the name Mikki Moore. It wasn't because he's the best out there but a "contingency plan" in the case we need a big. Their aren't many Cs walking around that can play in an NBA game.