Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!

In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!! : Ding, ding, ding! You win the prize for finally figuring out why I brought up the name Mikki Moore. It wasn't because he's the best out there but a "contingency plan" in the case we need a big. Their aren't many Cs walking around that can play in an NBA game.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

come on man..thats terrible. you cant honestly tell me that you think Mikki Moore is better than JO. wen he was with us he couldnt even get on the floor wen we were in foul trouble..hes TERRIBLE. dont bring his name up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]We are going to need all 24 fouls folks!!!!!  they need to be able to wear down Dwight Howard, Haslem, Illgauskus, Bynum, GaSol, or Duncan.  The key to Banner 18 will come from the 5 position....nowhere else!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Please tell them that again so they will quit trying to trade JO for a bag of peanuts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!! : Ding, ding, ding! You win the prize for finally figuring out why I brought up the name Mikki Moore. It wasn't because he's the best out there but a "contingency plan" in the case we need a big. Their aren't many Cs walking around that can play in an NBA game.

Is Pervis available. NO MIKKI MOORE PLEASE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

Mikke Moore?  You can't be serious.

He definitely cannot play competitively in the NBA against the front line of elite teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's funny that some of you want to criticize Moore but I don't hear you throwing out any other names....hmmmm. I know why BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY!!!

If Sheed is in the mix I would much prefer Sheed.

SO let's hear some names guys?? BTW, don't forget it's got to be on the cheap too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny that some of you want to criticize Moore but I don't hear you throwing out any other names....hmmmm. I know why BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY!!! If Sheed is in the mix I would much prefer Sheed. SO let's hear some names guys?? BTW, don't forget it's got to be on the cheap too.

who said we needed someone?  The only reason we would need someone is injuries or giving away JO for nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How about Tiny?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we arent throwing out names bc we dont think we need to make a change. we are fine right now..you dont HAVE to trade a player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm fully aware of that but I'm not calling on Moore NOW that was brought up 2 weeks ago when JON was out, Shaq was out and Erden was hurting.  Ainge still has to have contingency plans in case injuries happen. A GM is always looking that's his job. I guarantee you no GM is sitting on the beach or golf course saying "we're all good".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We have to get some mileage from the combo of JO/Semi/Perk ... I dont think any of the 3 can be counted on at this point.  So Doc has to play out the string and see what/who develops.

Hopefully Shaq stays healthy and at least one of the little 3 up above starts contributing in a meaningful way.  The other two can be used as bodys

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

JO at least has a positive upside for this year.  If he can stay healthy he can get back into better game shape and maybe contribute some positive defensive minutes.  I doubt we'll see him for more than ten per if shaq stays healthy.  I do think erden would be playing over jo right now, but he's not healthy either.  At some point, I expect doc to start sitting shaq out some games and starting JO, coming in with baby and erden in spots. 

Of course, if shaq continues to foul out ever 16 minutes, then he may play every game.

As to talk of trading JO, it's not going to happen.  Why would anybody take that guy at that money?  It was a stupid contract to take, but at this point trade talks are just crying over spilled milk cause it aint gonna happen.  We just take our lumps and get what we can out of him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Bring Sheed back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Here is the problem with trying to trade JON...his contract. It's not like he's got an expiring deal that makes him attractive. Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!  just like with sheed, we went out and signed a hunk of sheet old beyond his years big for multiple years, and most importantly BEYOND THE END OF THE CURRENT CBA, so NOBODY will want this contract that jerlame has.  why did we need him for 2 years?  only danny knows.  second blunderous signing of a washed up big man- it's not smart or good to gump up the last 5m of cap with highly probable untrade-able garbage!!  dum danny!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

mikki moore is to contingency plans as reggie evans is to three point shot expertise.

not gonna happen.  and if we tried it we'd be watching the worst dunkbait in the league, skinny, old worse than sheed and a no legged Jerlame.  it'd be awful man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Remember the C's signed JON before they even had Shaq in their sights. Also remember they were really going hard after Brad Miller (that's who I initially wanted) and then Matt Barnes. JON was a last resort and then Shaq was the icing on the cake.

It's Rondo's fault because he is the one who convinced JON to come to Beantown. LOL! Why blame Ainge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Remember the C's signed JON before they even had Shaq in their sights. Also remember they were really going hard after Brad Miller (that's who I initially wanted) and then Matt Barnes. JON was a last resort and then Shaq was the icing on the cake. It's Rondo's fault because he is the one who convinced JON to come to Beantown. LOL! Why blame Ainge.

they had Shaq in their sights for a long time.  The only reason it took so long was the pay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!! : they had Shaq in their sights for a long time.  The only reason it took so long was the pay.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that. Shaq could've signed somewhere else for more than the vet min.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal looks DONE!! : I don't believe that. Shaq could've signed somewhere else for more than the vet min.

shaq wanted to win.  As I recall the only teams after him was the Hawks and the C's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I also thought he looked different.  I think he has gained a lot more weight and he is just not there mentally or physically.  I am hoping he will get better.  We should also point out that this is only his 2nd game back from the injury, so lets give him a lot more time before we completely bash him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You may be right now that I think about it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The Celtics will play Center by committee for the rest of the year.

Shaq is playing very good offense, but he is slow footed on defense. JO is out of shape, lacks confidence, and is extremely rusty. He could improve or fall off the map. Perk will be tentative when he comes back, and will require time to get into game shape. Baby can play against Howard, and many centers, but he will have problems with players like Duncan, and other centers that are 7' and can shoot from distance. Semi is the wild card. He should improve with more playing time. 

I like KG on Duncan and Baby on Jefferson and Bonner. The Mavericks are another story, Semi will probably have to play along side KG until Perk is ready.

I do like Shaq on Bynum and KG on Gasol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Remember those CONTINGENCY PLANS I was harping on about our bigs getting hurt?? Well it's time to break glass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Remember those CONTINGENCY PLANS I was harping on about our bigs getting hurt?? Well it's time to break glass.

Shaq, JO, Erden, and Davis can all play Center. 

Again, if the Celtics are going to sign someone they would have to release one player because the Celtics already have 15 players under contract.

Are you saying the Celtics release Von Wafer then sign Mikki Moore?