jermaine o'neal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

jermaine o'neal?

what's the deal with his injury? something serious? or just doc having the luxury of multiple workable big men?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: jermaine o'neal?

When he gets off his menstrual cycle he will be activated and be ready to play...at least until his next cycle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

All I'm aware of is he had knee swelling. Perk is on the bench with his team as well as Delonte during games. Where in the H.E  double hockey sticks is J.O? I don't like what I've been seeing thus far in regards to J.O's attitude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Maybe they should offer him an injury settlement and move on ?

Call me crazy, but I'd almost rather see them bring Rasheed Wallace back for 15 minutes a night until Perk makes it back...

Doesn't look like they're gonna get anything out of J'ON

I just don't think we should have all these players who aren't gonna be ready until playoff time - and then we don't even know if they're gonna be effective.

We need contributers NOW to keep up the pace - 50 wins and no home court advantage is a recipe for disaster

Wonder if Rasheed is in shape ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: jermaine o'neal?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they should offer him an injury settlement and move on ? Call me crazy, but I'd almost rather see them bring Rasheed Wallace back for 15 minutes a night until Perk makes it back... Doesn't look like they're gonna get anything out of J'ON I just don't think we should have all these players who aren't gonna be ready until playoff time - and then we don't even know if they're gonna be effective. We need contributers NOW to keep up the pace - 50 wins and no home court advantage is a recipe for disaster Wonder if Rasheed is in shape ?
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

An injury settlement or buyout will not do the Celtics any good. JO's salary of 5.7m will not be removed from the Celtics payroll even if JO is no longer with the team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

OMG i hope to never see Sheed in green again... isn't he about to play for the Bulls anyway..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

There is no Celtic player in the top 10 in techs this year. Enough said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

OK, what about Andris Bedrins ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

JON can play the 4 as well, so - the more big guys you have availalbe to put in minutes the better.  He sarked it up last year in the playoff because he was playing on an ankle injury and I guess this year he's having knee issues so far.  Who thought Erden would see this many minutes.  He's not an all start, but he's already earned his years salary in my mind.  I never thought with that many big guys he's ever get off the bench, but he's a big reason the Celts are doing as well this season as they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

“I have to really let it get to 100 percent if I have any chance of finishing the season at a respectable level,” O’Neal said. “The main thing when you talk about a knee is you want to make sure that it’s OK — and not just for the season and not just for next year, but for life after basketball.
    ----------------------------------
    Dude, we're not talking about you recovering from having you leg amputated. No one is 100% these days. I hate to keep talking about this guy but he's worse than Sheed. This guy is soft. He's talking about life after basketball from a swollen knee!!! 

Get your rear on the court and stop B$ing!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]“I have to really let it get to 100 percent if I have any chance of finishing the season at a respectable level,” O’Neal said. “The main thing when you talk about a knee is you want to make sure that it’s OK — and not just for the season and not just for next year, but for life after basketball. ---------------------------------- Dude, we're not talking about you recovering from having you leg amputated. No one is 100% these days. I hate to keep talking about this guy but he's worse than Sheed. This guy is soft. He's talking about life after basketball from a swollen knee!!!  Get your rear on the court and stop B$ing!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

What if they're not telling the truth? Just like they tried to hide the real extent of KG's injury in 2009.

Give the guy a break, it's only December. Shaq and Erden are still playing and Big Baby hasn't left the Celtics yet. 

You're too demanding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Latest news is that JON will start practicing with the team in two weeks. He supposedly has been fitted with a knee brace. Doc's decision to sit him until he's 100% healthy sounds practical and rational. However, the question that remains is whether he'll ever be 100% fit to play this season. There seems to be a cloud of mystery surrounding his actual injury status. Many of us wish there'd be more transparency on this matter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Latest news is that JON will start practicing with the team in two weeks. He supposedly has been fitted with a knee brace. Doc's decision to sit him until he's 100% healthy sounds practical and rational. However, the question that remains is whether he'll ever be 100% fit to play this season. There seems to be a cloud of mystery surrounding his actual injury status. Many of us wish there'd be more transparency on this matter.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Ask BiasLewis, he seems to know the extent of JO's injury. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: jermaine o'neal? : Ask BiasLewis, he seems to know the extent of JO's injury. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Well last year everyone complained about Sheed but at least he was playing. Fine wait until he's healthy but trust me this won't be his last injury. I've seen this movie too many times with this guy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: jermaine o'neal? : Well last year everyone complained about Sheed but at least he was playing. Fine wait until he's healthy but trust me this won't be his last injury. I've seen this movie too many times with this guy

I agree with you on that part. But saying that he's soft because he won't play on a swollen knee is not true. There's no use in playing him if he has no explosiveness or the injured knee is limiting his mobility. 

JO will not make or break the Celtics' season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

And you don't sacrifice the remaining of your entire life just because some of the Celtic fans are unhappy that you will not play hurt. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

True but were you in this forum last year when Sheed was here?? He was getting ripped everyday.

Hey if he can't play he can't play. I would just contact his tailor and get more suits ready.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

OH NO....the sky is falling....good grief.  As long as Erdan, SHAQ, Davis and KG are suited up im not worried on bit.  Danny doesnt need a stop gap.  Move Davis in if anything happens to Shaq and 'Gody comes off the bench!!!!  The Celtics can go small with the 2nd unit until JON get back with Bradley/Wafer, Nate, 'Quise, 'Gody and Erdan.  Allen, Rondo, KG, PP and BBD starting.  Geez stop with all the worrying around here.  Its starting to get the feel of a bunch of high school girls around here when they get a pimple.....LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]OH NO....the sky is falling....good grief.  As long as Erdan, SHAQ, Davis and KG are suited up im not worried on bit.  Danny doesnt need a stop gap.  Move Davis in if anything happens to Shaq and 'Gody comes off the bench!!!!  The Celtics can go small with the 2nd unit until JON get back with Bradley/Wafer, Nate, 'Quise, 'Gody and Erdan.  Allen, Rondo, KG, PP and BBD starting.  Geez stop with all the worrying around here.  Its starting to get the feel of a bunch of high school girls around here when they get a pimple.....LOL
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Agree!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]True but were you in this forum last year when Sheed was here?? He was getting ripped everyday. Hey if he can't play he can't play. I would just contact his tailor and get more suits ready.

First, you want JO to play even if he's not at 100%, then you want the Cs to sign Mikki Moore because you don't want Semih Erden playing with a bad shoulder. I don't get it.