Jermaine O'Neal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jermaine O'Neal

Can we get rid of this guy?  Claim an injury? Make him retire? Trade him for cap space. We all saw how they deemed JON MVP of training camp which must have been for humantarian reasons rather than basketball skill. Could have been a ploy to try to get rid of him. This guy at some point will block a shot and grab a rebound but keep in mind that is all you will get as he gives up easy baskets, fouls carelessly and misses eight foot wide open jumpers all most every time.

He was useless last year and is likely to be worse this. In his career he was once a scorer.  He makes Ben Wallace look like a gifted shooter now.  Really what are we going to do with this guy. I say sit him on the bench and don't play him until he asks to leave. He has to go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Re: Jermaine O'Neal

Who???

I watched the whole game and didn't hear his name.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

And I hope JO surprises me.  If he does he will not make of habit of good play.  It is hopeless. Let him sit and let him realize he will never play here and we can get rid of him.  This guy has said he is going to help us win a championship.  He is deluded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I hope Stiemsma, JJ and Moore all surprise us .... JO & Pav bouncing back would be a pleasant surprise as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

JO should no longer be a starter nor come off the Cs bench. KG and Allen should be coming off the bench. Put the young guys on the floor so Rondo has someone to run with. If the Cs keep playing Garnett for most of the game along with Ray they will not make the playoffs. Time to mix up the starters. Time to have some coming off the bench. Time to play some of the youth. Having said that, I was amazed they were within 3 points of tying Miami last night. Never quit. And Miami is still overated. If the Cs had pulled out a win, what would they be saying today about the Heat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Trade the bum! I'm telling you we need a 6'9" scorer that can put up 18 ppg. 

Switch KG to center!! We have a good shot at Banner 18 but we need a scorer off the bench!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Isn't this the same stiff that Doc said looked great during training camp? And the guy that said that is coaching the team! Not hard to understand why the Cs are 0-2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine O'Neal:
    [QUOTE]Trade the bum! I'm telling you we need a 6'9" scorer that can put up 18 ppg.  Switch KG to center!! We have a good shot at Banner 18 but we need a scorer off the bench!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

bass may be the guy you describe. maybe not 18, but a solid 12-14. and we don't have a prayer this year. not with the present roster. we'll make the playoffs and bow out early. the team is old and lacks significant talent. it's time to rebuild.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

The Cs have an 8 game road trip out west in March...with a couple of back to backs thrown in. That road trip will determine whether they are playoff bound or homebound.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

JO said 2 weeks ago when Danny was trying to acquire David West that he would only allow the Celtics to trade him to a Championship quality team. WOW!! This guy is a disgrace.It's painful to watch him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Stiemsma, JJ and Moore all surprise us .... JO & Pav bouncing back would be a pleasant surprise as well.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Play the young guns..Stiemsma and Johnson!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]Trade the bum! I'm telling you we need a 6'9" scorer that can put up 18 ppg.  Switch KG to center!! We have a good shot at Banner 18 but we need a scorer off the bench!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

KG playing Center? He can barely play the PF now. lol
    He had 7 rebounds tonight. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondosack. Show hondosack's posts

In Response to Jermaine O'Neal:
    [QUOTE]Can we get rid of this guy?  Claim an injury? Make him retire? Trade him for cap space. We all saw how they deemed JON MVP of training camp which must have been for humantarian reasons rather than basketball skill. Could have been a ploy to try to get rid of him. This guy at some point will block a shot and grab a rebound but keep in mind that is all you will get as he gives up easy baskets, fouls carelessly and misses eight foot wide open jumpers all most every time. He was useless last year and is likely to be worse this. In his career he was once a scorer.  He makes Ben Wallace look like a gifted shooter now.  Really what are we going to do with this guy. I say sit him on the bench and don't play him until he asks to leave. He has to go.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Agree, JON is done, and has been now for years. Let's go young, and have Garnett come off bench. He's been VERY disappointing this year as well. A lot of talking, but not much production. He needs to get his skinny 'butt' under the basket and collect some rebounds and make some high % shots, not do an Antoine Walker imitation and jack up long range jump shots continously. Time give some playing time to the young guys. What we have right now isn't working. Who is the defensive coach? A disaster.