Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????

Not that he lost us the game today, one could put some blame on Nate, he was laying eggs all over the place today, but Jermaine Onea'l just makes me wanna Vomit every stinking time he is out on the basketball floor. Fcking unproductive on both sides of the ball. Nothing but a big Loof just wondering around, have no freakin idea where he should be, not anticipating passes, can't rebound, just completely lost out there. Was the same before his knee surgery and im not even going to use that as in excuse for his poor play. he is just worthless on this team. Arongody can give more off the bench in 5 minutes then this guy can in 20.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????

By February if things don't work out I think JO will be traded. It's too early to trade him now. I think we have to see what Perk can do first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Who's arongody?? Wait with throwing JON under the bus until he played a bunch of games, OK? Obviously the guy's rusty as hell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

It's his first game back and he was playing hurt before. Might want to wait a couple weeks before you freak out.  I mean you might be right but there is no way to tell right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

rust? no flow with the second team? chill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

ppl wanna jump on a guy as soon as he comes back because he didnt score 30 and grab 18

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????:
    [QUOTE]Who's arongody?? Wait with throwing JON under the bus until he played a bunch of games, OK? Obviously the guy's rusty as hell.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Whaveter that rookie white boy's name is....he is even better then Semi Ehrden.

You say Jermaine Oneal is rusty, please, he was rusty before he came in to the Celtics. Rusty when he got some playing time earlier in the season, was still lost, unproductive and committing unecessary dumb fouls as his only highlight for a game. He comes back from his knee hick up and picks up right where he left off.

When I heard that Ainge picked him up, I was disgusted and knew this was the type of player they would get out of him. He sure has not failed in that prediction. I really do hope Ainge ships his a s s out come Feb and find a decent replacement, it would be music to my ears.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

JO certainly looks finished. Sure he is probably rusty but wow he doesn't even look good enough to play at the YMCA. I have been very busy and haven't been keeping up with the C's as much as I would like but can anybody tell me why Erden didn't play? Today's loss is really no big deal given all of the injuries that the C's have but I think DA seriously needs to evaluate the pg position. Boston is ok at the 5 with Shaq and Erden (and with Perk coming back). Doc is obviously out of favor with Nate Robinson running the offense (that's why he has Pierce handling those duties). Not to mention the fact that Robinson is still a major liability on defense. Bradley is a bust so far. There will not be a decent backup for Rondo until West returns.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

While I agree that JO is rusty and had a terrible year in Miami last year, I would like to see him play 10 games before determining that he's done.

Keep hope alive (smile)!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This is a ridiculous post.  Been out injured nearly all year and this thread. Unbelievable.  I guess when Wade was out all preseason and came back and laid a couple of big eggs the Heat should have traded him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsAZ. Show CeltsAZ's posts

good call OneonOne.  The overreaction was predictable  BTW, we did not lose due to  the refs, even though there were some brutal calls.  They lost becuase once again they missed too many layups and just had bad possessions to close out the game.  Scoring 15 pts in the 4th aint ever going to get it done.

In Respon

se to Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????:
    [QUOTE]This is a ridiculous post.  Been out injured nearly all year and this thread. Unbelievable.  I guess when Wade was out all preseason and came back and laid a couple of big eggs the Heat should have traded him.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????:
    [QUOTE]By February if things don't work out I think JO will be traded. It's too early to trade him now. I think we have to see what Perk can do first.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

truth

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Who's arongody?? Wait with throwing JON under the bus until he played a bunch of games, OK? Obviously the guy's rusty as hell.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

I agree we have to see how much Jon will improve before we completely right him off.  Can't really evaluate his production until he has played for a few months. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

It's too early to give up on JO just as it was too early to try and get the rust out of him at a crucial time of an important game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Relax.  It was a bad offensive game all the way around.  Except for Garnett, everyone was laying bricks.  They even missed several lay ups.  Jermaine did look horrible, but he probably has no legs (or hands) right now.  When he hit that first jumper I thought it was going to be a good day.  Unfortunately, it was his only highlight. 

Don't know why Semih didn't play.  I read he had flu like symptoms a couple of days ago, but I was surprised that Doc didn't use him.  He must be sicker than thought.

Davis killed them today with his fade away jumpers.  He took at least a half dozen and missed every one.  As I stated in my "Re up BBD" thread a few days ago, Danny needs to include a clause in his next contract (assuming there is one) forbidding him to shoot fall aways.  I don't think I've seen him hit a single one this season.  OTOH, when he steps into his jumper, he's deadly. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Comparing JO with Wade is very silly. JO looks like he cannot be saved.  Danny made a gamble and this one just didn't work out. The guy is useless.  He looked today like he did in every previous effort. Can't shoot, but can block shots other than that totally out of sync with his teammates. Which is reason to let go of him very soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fall aways are  the hardest shot there is,  for everybody.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

One on One...while its certainly no time to panic and worry about trading JO (let's give him some time to get his legs back).....we can't compare his situation to Wade.   Wade is an Allstar who had a great year last year and is obviously playing well.  So, no one thought his couple of bad games meant the end of his career.   However, JO has now had 3 straight years (Toronto and then Miami) where he's been a complete flop.  So, people are on him because he has a recent history of being a complete waste.  While I personally think we need to give him more time and hope he shows us something, I do understand the fans who are calling for him being traded now!  You have to be objective about that concern.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Foolish of you to expect that JON would return after missing some nineteen games (and the practices in-between) due to a knee injury and be an instant impact player. Doc gave him some playing minutes to gradually ease him back into the flow of things. Doc's more concerned with long term rather than immediate results. If JON continues to play poorly even after full recovery from injury, then management will surely explore available options. For now, just CHILL  and RELAX.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously??????????? : Whaveter that rookie white boy's name is....he is even better then Semi Ehrden. You say Jermaine Oneal is rusty, please, he was rusty before he came in to the Celtics. Rusty when he got some playing time earlier in the season, was still lost, unproductive and committing unecessary dumb fouls as his only highlight for a game. He comes back from his knee hick up and picks up right where he left off. When I heard that Ainge picked him up, I was disgusted and knew this was the type of player they would get out of him. He sure has not failed in that prediction. I really do hope Ainge ships his a s s out come Feb and find a decent replacement, it would be music to my ears.
    Posted by celticsboy11[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"This is a ridiculous post.  Been out injured nearly all year and this thread. Unbelievable.  I guess when Wade was out all preseason and came back and laid a couple of big eggs the Heat should have traded him."

Absolutely. To the small minds who think he should be released - if he was really not needed he wouldn't be playing. The fact he played shows WE NEED HIM RIGHT NOW. So...grow up and give this guy a chance to improve. Condemning a guy one day after a two month injury is idiotic.

Once Perkins gets healthy, JON will be riding the pine as insurance unless he plays better. Let go of the idea of trading him, he has no value at his pay rate. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It's called rust, timing, and game shape; however, do not let me stop you from jumping...

I'll be here cheering on my team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Rust?  The guy missed point blank layups.  That's not rust, it's inexcusable.  What's worse than just the physical part of Jermaine's play is that lifeless expression and lazy body language...he looks like a guy that just doesn't give a ****.   That doesn't fit in too well with a bunch of other guys, hall of famers, etc. that are hungry for one last championship.  Maybe the guy will loaf through the regular season and turn it on somehow in the playoffs (kinda like Rasheed last year) but he does not look good thus far. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????:
    [QUOTE]Not that he lost us the game today, one could put some blame on Nate, he was laying eggs all over the place today, but Jermaine Onea'l just makes me wanna Vomit every stinking time he is out on the basketball floor. Fcking unproductive on both sides of the ball. Nothing but a big Loof just wondering around, have no freakin idea where he should be, not anticipating passes, can't rebound, just completely lost out there. Was the same before his knee surgery and im not even going to use that as in excuse for his poor play. he is just worthless on this team. Arongody can give more off the bench in 5 minutes then this guy can in 20.
    Posted by celticsboy11[/QUOTE]
           I'm scared somebody is going to get hurt.That's my concern. I'm beyond wondering if JON can play, I'm hoping he doesn't hurt somebody. Did you see that jumper he shot from the corner today? I don't think you could call it an airball, more like a guided missile. That thing reminded me of a Josh Beckett fastball. No, it is something to see. Nice footwork though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JO played like he did today as he had a month or so ago. He should retire, who would be stupid enough to sign him after he gets dumped by us. Seeing him get 11 million for two years is even harder to take and really has to bother the underpaid Shaq.

Antoine Walker is better than JO.