Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????

I hope not, the guy has not even got into a groove yet and needs playing time.  Earlier in the year he was blocking shots and rebounding just fine.  Give him time, we will need all out bigs in the playoffs.  The reffs will see to that by calling tons of fouls on us and a few on the Heat and Magic. Did anyone notice they (reffs) took the Christmas game from us?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Jermaine Oneal'l, is it too late to get rid of him, seriously???????????:
    [QUOTE]Comparing JO with Wade is very silly. JO looks like he cannot be saved.  Danny made a gamble and this one just didn't work out. The guy is useless.  He looked today like he did in every previous effort. Can't shoot, but can block shots other than that totally out of sync with his teammates. Which is reason to let go of him very soon.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Its silly to think I am comparing them as players.  The point was being injured and coming back takes time.  It is very silly to give up on him at this point. For one thing is who would want him when he is playing the way he is.  If he starts playing the way we want him to why would we trade him. Let him go where?  Now that is really silly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In all fairness to JON he needs to be given time to catch up to game speed conditions. He didn't look good and I've killed him this season. I wouldn't expect him to put up any real numbers yet. However, he could've been a little more agreesive on defense and the boards. His scoring will be the last thing to come.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

What aggrevates me when Ainge picked him up was, what the hell was he thinking. The scouting report was out on Jermaine Oneal', he was dubbed to be lazy as fck, injury proned and just ineffective anymore. His best days were pretty much behind him. I mean, Ainge had to see this first hand, up close, doing the Miami series, this guy had done nothing to help the Heat centend vs the Celtics. And what does Ainge do, he goes and picks up the Trash and brings it in his living room and try to brush off the dust and wash it off but with all the deep stains remaining. To add more insult to injury, he awards him, what was it again, $11 mill for 2 years...2 freakin years with guy, aw man.

Now Shaq, good as advertised, when I heard the pick up, I was 1000% all for it and knew he would be an as sett. No one can disagree on that by a long shot. I keep hearing talks about Shaq coming off the bench when Perks comes back and I'm saying to myself, REALLY, please tell me Perkins' role is to give some hard fouls early and knock somebody, especially a star player, on their a s s es and then sit him back on the bench. Because we all know that after all the things we're seeing Shaq do as a 38 year old compared to what Kendrick Perkins was, it is such a breath of fresh air to see. Shaq can actually jump for Rondo's alley hoops, Shaq has great hands, anticipating balls, expecially on a fast break. He goes up strong for a dunk when underneath and most of all, he has a high basketball IQ whereas you wonder if Kendrick Perkins got his from a Chimpanzee with the way he used to play. How many times did we see Perkins get blocked underneath the basket when he had all day to dunk. Slow as hell, committs dumb fouls, and everything else that's just awfull. If he was slow then, imagine how worse he could be when he returns from a knee injury. I hope he proves me wrong but it would be music to my ears if Ainge can find a way to involve good ol' Perk and Jermaine and possible Bradley and a draft for some other decent players.

Some people on this team seriously needs to go, believe it or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Whomever Ainge decides to move (if anyone) he has to get everyone healthy and put them on display. Right now there is no one who wants what we may be willing to move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm glad the majority of the fans on this Board know the real deal:  JON needs a few games to get his timing back and if after some playing time he still stinks like he did against Orlando....>THEN he should be traded or released, but only after we give him a month or two of play.  

The other Celtics fans are over-reacting, which happens a lot it seems when something goes wrong on this team.  Over an 82 game season, we're going to have bad losses, players who stink it up a  couple of games, mental mistakes, Defense that fails, injuries.  BUT, good teams find ways to win most of their games through it all.  Seems we are doing that as well as ANYBODY in the NBA.  
    Keep it all in perspective, please.   JON needs time and we have time to work this experiment and still keep winning.  We may all be delighted one day when Doc has developed JON, Shaq, Perk, and SE so that we have a luxury of big men options!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JO is worst than awful.  He looked horrific playing for the Heat in the playoffs last year and that should have been a real red flag.  He seems to have lost his ability to handle the ball and pass along the way.  His shooting is worse.  

I would love to be proved wrong on this but why didn't Danny put some kind of out clause for a guy performing so badly.  JO can block shots, but that doesn't help when on the offensive end.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The posts that state that J.O is rusty make the most sense. There's another way to look at the J.O situation. I hope he plays well enough in the next 6 weeks to increase his stock. I hope the same for Perk as he's expected back in mid to late January. One of the 2 will make a great trade piece along with a few other bench players. Semih Erden has proven to be a good backup center. He will be unseen and is now with J.O back. He's earned playing time IMO. We will soon have a surplus of centers being 4 of them. Three is more than enough.
        I'm back on the back up 3 position again. Gerald Wallace or Tayshawn Prince. Marquis is ok, but he disappears in half the games he plays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Doc has a dilemma. Erden gives the 2nd unit what they need...interior defense, garbage points, rebs and intangibles. JON needs to bring the same thing or it's going to require more adjusting for the 2nd unit.  Doc has to play him to rise his stock. Right now I wouldn't go to JON to score. Everytime someone comes back from an injury Doc has to adjust the rotation and scheme.