JJJohnson at 3, Pierce at 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

JJJohnson at 3, Pierce at 4

Not necessarily at the same time, but I'm wondering if Johnson would be better off staying lithe, and playing more as a power 3. Also wondering if Pierce could play some 4, especially as he gets older and slows down. Johnson would need to improve his handle, that's for sure, but I'd love to see how he does defensively matched up against LeBron, Melo, and Durant types.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Re: JJJohnson at 3, Pierce at 4

I think Johnson can play some three man, he is skilled and has improved a lot over the past two years. But I think Pierce might get pounded at the four spot. On the other hand, they might have to play a more uptempo style and if they do having Pierce and Johnson on the floor at the two forward spots would be a tough match up for the opponent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Let's not get carried away with Johnson yet. He has yet to play an NBA game and you're talking about giving him a starting position on the Celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Thank you Mem, Johnson as most draftees by the Celtics will very likely be on the bench the whole season.  He was a 27th pick.  If he is a surprise we will all be thrilled but don't count on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, WTH! PP at the 4?? C'mon man we can do better than this. LMAO!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't see Johnson at the 3 at all.  We have Pierce AND Green for that.  I see Johnson getting a lot of mins this year, though.  Do I HAVE to list all the young players Doc has played again??  It's getting boring.  Doc will play you if you work hard in practice and play defense.  Bradley (too young), Harangody (too slow) didn't play last year.  Other than Giddens, who STINKS, and Walker who played (and still plays) ZERO defense, Doc has given all the young players a chance to play.  Some have produced (Rondo, Perk,  Gomes, Baby, Jefferson, DWest) and some have not (Green, Banks, Hudson).  He even played Erden last year.

Give Doc a break, would he have played Blake Griffin last year?  Not according to some  of you!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I was not implying that Johnson should start at 3, esp as a rookie. He'd be behind Pierce and Green, obviously. Just wondering if Johnson's versatility is worth developing instead of bulking him up with uncertain results.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-12-09/sports/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s120910_1_heat-s-chris-bosh-nba-power-weight-room/2