JO has me worried a bit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JO has me worried a bit

Initially concerned over the shape the guy is in. Watching him move so slowly and then around the bucket, with the ball but having difficulty dunking, getting it blocked. I dont think he has much lift or is he just so out of shape?

More concerning is the continuing injuries that keep piling up. Its like one after another and now hes questionable for the Heat game.

Shaq can only play so many minutes and with Perk on the bench, Id hate to rely upon Erden to carry the load but its starting to look like that.

Hopefully Im wrong but JO is really starting to bug me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: JO has me worried a bit

Semih Erden is good enough to be relied upon, in the regular season, in case JO or Shaq is unavailable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agreed Erden is gonna get a lot of minutes early in the season if JO can't go.  Doc should manage minutes the best he can to be sure guys stay healthy.  I don't think it's a bad thing to develop Erden, you never know when you're gonna need another big body.  Erden has showed me enough to feel confident that he can give them some meaningful minutes.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Only in the NBA is Erden a rookie. When the Celtics drafted him back in 2008 he was already playing professionally in Turkey. In other words he's not a college kid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Didn't we all know that this would happen with JON. No big deal because Shaq is going to sit some this year too. Let's get them healthy for April. Erden is there and will help preserve Shaq & JON.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Bring back Sheed!!!!!

(just kidding guys!)

Start Shaq, bring JON off the bench.  Let him work into shape.  He was hurt most of last year.

Healthy by the playoffs!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Hopefully JO is going to be OK. 

This is probably among the reasons they grabbed Gallon for the Red Claws.  Erden still needs a lot of work as would Gallon and neither can really be counted on for much at this point so center is shaping up to be a question mark.  At least we can throw a lot of bodies out there, but it is a concern. 

The Celtics biggest strength this year is the guards, but we still need someone to emerge as a productive 5.  Perk may be back in February; it's going to take him some time to be anywhere near full strength but he should help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

In Response to Re: JO has me worried a bit:
    [QUOTE]Bring back Sheed!!!!! (just kidding guys!) Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

B&C,

Now there you go!!!!

(And Vitaly Potapenko is supposed to be available too.)

Regards

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

We have lots of options at Center.

Shaq, Erden, KG and, Baby. Jermaine and Perk can heal.

Being the deepest team in the NBA has its advantages.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

J.O'Neal will more than likely play the bulk of the minutes once he heals up from all his nicks and bruises. Shaq is still a quality player whether he starts or comes off the bench. As for Erdan he is sound defensively but his Offensive game is a work in progress. Again like the old ball coach used to say you can't teach 7'....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Apparently he hasn't fully recovered yet from his pulled hamstring that he got during early training camp. Maybe Doc's being cautious because the games he missed were pre-season. Keep your finger crossed for the Heat game next Tuesday. Jermaine's defense is very important to the C's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The bigger issue is JO in shape and can we expect his injuries to be an ongoing problem.

I know, you cant predict injuries but when was the last time this guy went a stretch without some problems?  Im not talking about the same recurring injury, I mean new injuries constantly.

Im just thinkin this guy didnt come to camp jacked and ready to go. No lift and always hurt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I didn't know JO ever had any lift.   He will get with the program when the season starts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

J. O'neil played 70 out of 82 games last season. That's not bad. There's always got to be a player on the C's that bloggers love to rag on. This year it may be J. O'neil. The regular season hasn't even started yet. He's too fat, he's out of shape, he's always injured. For a guy that's too fat, out of shape and always injured, he sure managed to block a lot of shots this pre-season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I would be suprised if JO did not play off the bench Tuesday. And would begin to wonder if he has it in him to go after the title?  He is a big plus for the Celts and did get injured playing against Shack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sellgoods. Show sellgoods's posts

* http://www.itemsellout.com

* Jame shoes $30--39

* Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

* Jordan Spizike shoes $35

* Jordan 2010 shoes $40

* Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35

* Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35

* Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

* AF tshirt $15

* Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30

* Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16

* New era cap $15

* FREE SHIPPING

*http://www.itemsellout.com

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]J. O'neil played 70 out of 82 games last season. That's not bad.   
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

The three years before that were very very very bad.  He was one injury after another and looked terrible on the court.  As he did at times last year too.  But mostly last year was fairly resurgent for jerlame o'neal.  except for the playoffs, when he shot 20%. 

He will be injured probably 1/3 to 1/2 of this year and it's a crap shoot if he's there for the playoffs.  This is why we can't use the guy more than 20-22 mins a game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mondomara. Show mondomara's posts

Hey, two seasons ago they looked great til Christmas Day.  Then it fell apart.  So making predictions is iffy but I never liked JON's game and still don't.  The guy gets hurt too much nowadays, for my liking, and I have my doubts as to what they'll actually get from him.  I hope that I'm totally wrong on this.  But so far, center is weak, but I'm all for giving Erden all the time they can.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, two seasons ago they looked great til Christmas Day.  Then it fell apart.  So making predictions is iffy but I never liked JON's game and still don't.  The guy gets hurt too much nowadays, for my liking, and I have my doubts as to what they'll actually get from him.  I hope that I'm totally wrong on this.  But so far, center is weak, but I'm all for giving Erden all the time they can.  
    Posted by mondomara[/QUOTE]

Erden will get some playing time but most likely it will be Glen Davis playing Center in crunch time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO has me worried a bit : Erden will get some playing time but most likely it will be Glen Davis playing Center in crunch time. Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

just imagine that.  davis stands to log close to 30 a game.  the tollyver comparison is going to be......... interesting.  eh?

sorry, couldn't resist poking the fire :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course it is possible JO will not be a productive player.  Just like Shaq may not be as much of a factor.  Delonte may get injured and on and on it goes.  We will see.  These acquisitions were all gambles that look good at the moment.  Let's see how it plays out.  We picked them all up on the cheap.