JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1

stupid really...it doesnt change what happened in game 1

plus...a flagrant on a jump shot? really?

not that i dont disagree with the overturning of the O'neal decision by any stretch...but a flagrant for a jump shot where james jones was holding pierce by the end to make sure he didnt fall? really? should the heat and celtics bring out the uniform featuring a skirt next game?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thanks NBA,,, that helped so much

Does the ref get one less cookie in his lunch for this?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

but what does that mean?

that the heat are going to get a bad flagerant foul call against them in boston?

i mean im not entirely sure the nba would be that obvious about something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1:
    [QUOTE]Won't change the outcome of the game but the NBA is acknowledging the fact that the refs made a mistake!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

We already knew that... who cares they change the call 24 hours after the game.. lol .. completely worthless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on this.  Of course I am delighted to see JO and Pierce get that validation, but the game has already been lost...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

[QUOTE]stupid really...it doesnt change what happened in game 1 plus...a flagrant on a jump shot? really? not that i dont disagree with the overturning of the O'neal decision by any stretch...but a flagrant for a jump shot where james jones was holding pierce by the end to make sure he didnt fall? really? should the heat and celtics bring out the uniform featuring a skirt next game?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]
    not really. James Jones was not holding Pierce to make sure he didn't fall. where was Pierce going to fall anyways. Its not like Pierce was running at 40 miles an hour towards the basket, like Lebron was and Rondo basically caught him.
    So your characterization of the play is really not how it happened. if you see JJ got faked out of his legs and his only option was to come down hard on Pierce's shoulders and head area to keep him from shooting.
    If you can get a tech for verbal taunting, the first time i have ever heard about that, then the rule clearly says if you come above the shoulder area in a forceful manner it is flagrant. period. rules are rules. the fans don't make them. The NBA makes them. it's about time these guys consistently applied it.
    I agree what use does it have for us after the fact. the 5or 4 points Heat got because of the flagrant on JJ cannot be given back now...is it.
    It is just dumb and idiotic refreeing. My point is why don't these guys go back and review the flagrant calls and rescind it then and there. W />T>F?
    the dumb zebras waste so much time anyways, another minute or two won't make the game seem any longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yes those three calls were crucial in that they changed the momentum during the game..no question.. of course according to Dudsy, we are just whiners...at the same time. lets hope the celts take this and get some revenge big time...in game two..this game is for the taking...the heat cant play any better and the celts cant play any worse..bottom line..lets see

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

It's not just that those calls changed momentum...they had a rather large effect on the scoreboard.  If you recall the Heat got 5 points out of the JO call.  5 points.  That's a lot of points compared to the 2 they should've gotten.  Then on the Pierce play the Celtics would've had not only the 2 free throws but another possession.  Hopefully the refs'll have a better Game 2...interesting how those calls seem to have favored the home team...then Pierce ejected after he'd gotten hot for "verbal taunting."  Really?  He must be the only guy to have ever used profanity on a basketball court.  I'm sure Kobe or Lebron woulda got tossed...or Michael Jordan.  It's a disgrace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]but what does that mean? that the heat are going to get a bad flagerant foul call against them in boston? i mean im not entirely sure the nba would be that obvious about something

Honestly, this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest

I love sports, but the NBA is clean like Lindsay Lohan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1 : not really. James Jones was not holding Pierce to make sure he didn't fall. where was Pierce going to fall anyways. Its not like Pierce was running at 40 miles an hour towards the basket, like Lebron was and Rondo basically caught him. So your characterization of the play is really not how it happened. if you see JJ got faked out of his legs and his only option was to come down hard on Pierce's shoulders and head area to keep him from shooting. If you can get a tech for verbal taunting, the first time i have ever heard about that, then the rule clearly says if you come above the shoulder area in a forceful manner it is flagrant. period. rules are rules. the fans don't make them. The NBA makes them. it's about time these guys consistently applied it. I agree what use does it have for us after the fact. the 5or 4 points Heat got because of the flagrant on JJ cannot be given back now...is it. It is just dumb and idiotic refreeing. My point is why don't these guys go back and review the flagrant calls and rescind it then and there. W />T />F? the dumb zebras waste so much time anyways, another minute or two won't make the game seem any longer.
    Posted by framdude[/QUOTE]
    A. JJ had his hand on pierce's back and held him up and never said a word to pierce until pierce shoved his nose into JJ's face
    B. JJ came down slapping across pierce's arms to ensure he wouldnt get a shot off, not around the shoulders as you suggest
    C. technical fouls for verbal sparring or taunting is nothing new in the NBA and pierce should have known better

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1 : Tell that to Miami Heat fans! They will tell you James Jones' foul was not flagrant and JO's foul on James Jones was flagrant. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    ridiculous, all i said was ive never seen a jump shot be a flagrant foul

never

i dont think o'neal deserved a flagrant for his offense at all...but JJ definitely shouldnt have one put on him either

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]stupid really...it doesnt change what happened in game 1 plus...a flagrant on a jump shot? really? not that i dont disagree with the overturning of the O'neal decision by any stretch...but a flagrant for a jump shot where james jones was holding pierce by the end to make sure he didnt fall? really? should the heat and celtics bring out the uniform featuring a skirt next game?

I think that the NBA as a whole is already featuring a skirt game. There are just too many phantom calls and ticky tacky calls. Although there is a lot of contact at times I would prefer that a foul not be called (unless quite obvious) then be made up. I don't just mean this as a Celtics fan. I mean it for the whole league.
    Some of the calls, show why some people think basketball is for sissies. As a former player I do not like hearing that phrase.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1 : I think that the NBA as a whole is already featuring a skirt game. There are just too many phantom calls and ticky tacky calls. Although there is a lot of contact at times I would prefer that a foul not be called (unless quite obvious) then be made up. I don't just mean this as a Celtics fan. I mean it for the whole league. Some of the calls, show why some people think basketball is for sissies. As a former player I do not like hearing that phrase.
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]
    i agree whole heartedly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO Vindicated, James Jones Gets Flagrant 1 : i agree whole heartedly

Quite a rough start to your day, huh?  Maybe it's not just me, as you suggest.  But, I will say nothing except this is the playoffs and NONE of those should have been flagrant, imo!!

This whole thing is a joke - the NBA just announced today that they have reviewed the McHale foul on Kurt Rambis and have upgraded it to Flagrant 1.  McHale will sit out the next game.

The NBA also announced today that Robert's Parish's foul on Bill Laimbeer has been upgraded to a flagrant 1.  Parish has been suspended for a game.

The NBA announced today that Larry Bird saying, "The Cleveland fans don't want no part of me," is excessive trash talking under the new rules.  Bird has been fined and suspended retroactively.

Basically, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish will not be walking through that door any time soon.........:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Fierce will do anything to try to take the spot light off how poorly his hero played in the first half, and what an idiot he was the 2nd!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Please let the boys play!!! The JO call was about the worst flagrant I have ever seen called.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Did the refs working that game get that memo?