JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!

Nice win!  Close one!  Loved the way JO played for us tonight.  He reminded me of his Indiana days.  Jeff Green needs to toughen up.   He looks too timid at times!!  SOmeone needs to yell at him!!!  BBD looked drunk out there at times.  PP great, rondo good, ray great, KG SOLID!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!

In Response to Re: JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!:
    [QUOTE]Jeff Green was a +1. Davis was a +11. JO was a -11. Just sayin...
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Kirk that was a bogus stat tonight  look at big baby stat then his plus minus

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!

In Response to Re: JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!! : I'm looking at the nba.com box score. Davis is a +13, Green is a +1, and JO is a -11.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE 

and what did your eyes tell you     look at Amares plus minus too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!! : I'm looking at the nba.com box score. Davis is a +13, Green is a +1, and JO is a -11.
    Posted by Kirk6

Those stats make about as much sense as starting Avery Bradley.  Just saying

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JON looks even far different than he did in Miami.  He could be the big  man we needed all along.  Maybe Shaq will come back and play a few minutes and help him out.  JON looks like he can score now with all those open shots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Green was a +1. Davis was a +11. JO was a -11. Just sayin...
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    My exact reason as why I am not a big fan of the stat game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That was based on JON playing much of the 2nd quarter when NY made their run while Baby sat.

I felt the lineup that had Green-Baby was clearly one of the worst we had out there.

It was when Jeffries and Amare were there and we felt that we could use Green's length on Jeffries. But Amare ate Baby's lunch all day. What an idiot for saying he wasn't hard to guard.

In the future games I'd stick with Baby on Turiaf only, split the Amare mins between JON and KG. Green needs to play some serious D on Melo for 8-10 mins in the first 3 quarters so Pierce has played less mins overall and is rested to play him in the 4th.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]JON looks even far different than he did in Miami.  He could be the big  man we needed all along.  Maybe Shaq will come back and play a few minutes and help him out.  JON looks like he can score now with all those open shots.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

yep, he can shoot over turiaf and softemire doesn't play much defense around the basket.  i'd look for o'neal to score at least this much all series long on easy putbacks and various other gimme's. 

he was exactly what we needed in the middle tonight.  keeping 'em honest, turning several back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

I definately think JON was key in getting back into this game. He earned his salary for the enitre lost season. IMO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to JO was the man!!!! We need him to play big - Jeff Green needs to toughen up!!:

[QUOTE]Nice win!  Close one!  Loved the way JO played for us tonight.  He reminded me of his Indiana days.  Jeff Green needs to toughen up.   He looks too timid at times!!  SOmeone needs to yell at him!!!  BBD looked drunk out there at times.  PP great, rondo good, ray great, KG SOLID!!!

Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston[/QUOTE]

-

I could not agree more, and if I said I did, I'd be lying.

Screw all that plus/minus crapolla.

I saw what you saw, a great performance from JO, and another tentative, passive, wimpy performance from Jeff Green.

Green really needs to grow a pair. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'm looking at the nba.com box score.

Davis is a +13, Green is a +1, and JO is a -11."

I'm looking at the game highlights. Big Baby wasn't very good, jacking up jump shots as usual. Green wasn't either.

JO was a difference maker on both ends of the court. What game did you watch? Or do you just watch the box scores. You might try the games sometimes, they are more fun and then you won't get confused by misleading stats afterwards. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

[QUOTE]JON was MVP tonight. I know Ray hit another gamer, but JON 3rd play brought the C's back. His toughness, blocked shots, and strong points were what the C's needed. Great game. If he brings that every night, then the C's could make a nice run.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    Agree with you-Doc even said as much in the post game press conference!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

No question JON was bigtime for us.  My only issue was the time he spent on the bench...he only played 22 mins  and we really could have used him for much more.

Having BBD at center I think is killing his game. Hes not the effective 6th man he was all season any more. However, Im not gonna get on him too much for his poor shooting cause it seems Baby is the guy who gets the ball with 4 secs on the shot clock... so hes forcing shots up cause he has no choice.  Thats not his fault.

Agree with Green.. he needs to be more assertive..

For once we seem to have gotten the benefit of the refs whistles in the final minute..  the call on Melo was one I never expected to see in the situation...

also KGs hip trip on Rays final shot could have cost us the game. Watch when Rays 3 pointer goes in... KG isnt reacting like everyone else... I think he was worried they were gonna whistle him LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]JON looks even far different than he did in Miami.  He could be the big  man we needed all along.  Maybe Shaq will come back and play a few minutes and help him out.  JON looks like he can score now with all those open shots.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He was terrific last night.  If he continues to play like this for the remainder of the playoffs and Shaq returns the Celtics may continue to win games and win many of their games during the playoffs.   Although, it was only one game, but I am very optimistic about Jermaine.