JON has surgery...3 weeks later!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

JON has surgery...3 weeks later!!

Ok wait a minute! This guy is milking this big time. He should've had the stupid surgery 3 weeks ago. Now he's out 6-8 weeks. He could've been ahead of schedule had he done it 3 weeks ago.

So he's going nowhere at the trading deadline. What a complete wasted signing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: JON has surgery...3 weeks later!!

link? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Where did you read that?  I thought they had a plan? LOL

If its true, good riddence, JON hasnt done anything for us this season and I figured he was washed up anyway. Surgery will stop people from counting on him coming back to help us, which I think is a big mistake

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge was just on CSN Post Game Show and stated it.

There is still swelling in his knee. The C's should've really pushed for surgery 3 weeks ago and not allowed him to keep trying to rehab.

I hate this signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Ainge really bought a lemon on this one.  Let's hope Shaq holds up for the rest of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Jermaine "Made of Glass" O'Neal. LOL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Even if his knee miraculously healed over night, he'd still break something else within a week...hes doen, washed up. Get used to it so you dont agonize over him.

We need Shaq to get healthy and re-energized.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

link:  http://www.celticsblog.com/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Jermaine O'Neal is done. I have never seen a team so riddled with so many injuries and players in and out of the lineup. I wonder if Danny has made a call to Rasheed. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The good news is JO will be back in late March and will have the whole of April to get ready for the playoffs. 

JO could end up being the Elden Campbell of the 2004 Pistons championship team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

In Response to Re: JON has surgery...3 weeks later!!:
    [QUOTE]The good news is JO will be back in late March and will have the whole of April to get ready for the playoffs.  JO could end up being the Elden Campbell of the 2004 Pistons championship team. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up bro. They said the same thing about Theo Ratliff that he would be back in 6-8 weeks. It's been 10 weeks and counting. Jermaine is done for the year...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, when it pertains to JON, there is no good news.  He is done, washed up.  I said it 3/4 weeks ago when he was deciding to rehab in lieu of surgery that we should waive him.  Bottom line, he was not worth the signing.  We all thought it was a good signing at the time but we were wrong.  Let's cut our ties now and move on.  JON is not THAT important to banner #18 so why bother?

Like I said before, EVERY TIME he plays competitive basketball, his knee will swell and tighten shortly afterwards.  This condition will exist for the rest of his life.  He can take the next year off but the minute he tries to play again, he'll experience the same issues.  His knee is SHOT!

If he returns in late March, after playing 3 or 4 games, his knee will swell again and he'll be out again.  It's just not worth it.  It was a good gamble but we lost this time.  I say let's coach Semih up and get him more playing time and go with him, Shaq and Perk with KG and Baby.  We don't need JON too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, when it pertains to JON, there is no good news.  He is done, washed up.  I said it 3/4 weeks ago when he was deciding to rehab in lieu of surgery that we should waive him.  Bottom line, he was not worth the signing.  We all thought it was a good signing at the time but we were wrong.  Let's cut our ties now and move on.  JON is not THAT important to banner #18 so why bother? Like I said before, EVERY TIME he plays competitive basketball, his knee will swell and tighten shortly afterwards.  This condition will exist for the rest of his life.  He can take the next year off but the minute he tries to play again, he'll experience the same issues.  His knee is SHOT! If he returns in late March, after playing 3 or 4 games, his knee will swell again and he'll be out again.  It's just not worth it.  It was a good gamble but we lost this time.  I say let's coach Semih up and get him more playing time and go with him, Shaq and Perk with KG and Baby.  We don't need JON too.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Condemning JO will not do us any good. I'd rather focus on the positive than dwell on the negative. Why? Because whether we like it or not we're stuck with JO!

This season only JO has averaged more 1 block per game. Think about that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, the positive is Shaq, Perk and Erden. The negative is we can't trade or waive JON. He's signed for next year too.

If I were Ainge (and I said this a month ago but everyone wants to wait) I would go to his agent this week and try and get a injury settlement or discuss a buyout. It may not do us much good this year but why even entertain the thought that he will be back next year. The money will either go to BBD or another FA.

The C's are stuck with the contract but to be dealing with a knee injury since Sept AND getting another scope just screams it's time to cut our losses. Forget "waiting until March or the playoffs". We've got 3 C's and if something happens to them we have to live with it. Waiting on an guy who hasn't played 10 straight games is crazy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]. If I were Ainge (and I said this a month ago but everyone wants to wait) I would go to his agent this week and try and get a injury settlement or discuss a buyout.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Who's to say that DA hasn't tried that already, or is trying right now??
    If the player doesn't want to do it what can DA do?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You waive him. The contract is guaranteed so all you can hope is he gets healthy and someone else picks him up. The C's cannot go into next year with him when you have Perk and BBD who are FAs.

It also tells those guys (Perk, BBD) that you are freeing up a contract, money to resign them.

The C's are eating the contract now anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON has surgery...3 weeks later!! : Who's to say that DA hasn't tried that already, or is trying right now?? If the player doesn't want to do it what can DA do?
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

BiasLewis thinks he's better than Danny Ainge as a GM.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Being "stuck" with this contract is not the end of the world.  They will not waive him, because someone else will sign him, and he will end up playing.  It's an old Red  trick.  Keep him away from the enemy..............like he did with Pistol Pete (the 76ers wanted him badly!!)  Anything we get from JON is gravy this year...buy him out next year - during the lockout....:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree that he should have had the surgery and not waited.  I also believe that he will not be very helpful for the remainder of the season and was a bad signing.  We can only hope that he will be back during the end of the season and can contribute something and remains healthy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]  It was a good gamble but we lost this time.  I say let's coach Semih up and get him more playing time and go with him, Shaq and Perk with KG and Baby.  We don't need JON too.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

it was a good gamble at vet min- which is what this guy should have been signed for.  at MLE (maybe plus?), it's a HORRIBLE GAMBLE.  TERRIBLE.  and we signed him for TWO YEARS with one year laying over into the next CBA which makes this chum untradeable.

just like sheed, maybe the right idea and the complete wrong contractual execution.

terrible decisions by ainge on both account with big money to washed up guys who already made a fortune.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON has surgery...3 weeks later!! : it was a good gamble at vet min- which is what this guy should have been signed for.  at MLE (maybe plus?), it's a HORRIBLE GAMBLE.  TERRIBLE.  and we signed him for TWO YEARS with one year laying over into the next CBA which makes this chum untradeable. just like sheed, maybe the right idea and the complete wrong contractual execution. terrible decisions by ainge on both account with big money to washed up guys who already made a fortune.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Sheed would have helped the Celtics this year.  I was sorry when he retired and at least he wasn't always injured and contributed at times and especially during the playoffs.   I don't believe it is even close between Sheed and JON.  I also know that many Celtics fans never liked Sheed.  Although, we don't miss his technicals. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]The good news is JO will be back in late March and will have the whole of April to get ready for the playoffs.  JO could end up being the Elden Campbell of the 2004 Pistons championship team. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yeah  I agree. They lost a few weeks on this. So? I think surgery was the right course of action. No amount of rest was going to fix JO. I don't know that the surgery will either, but he has a responsibility to the team to try to get back out there in good form.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON has surgery...3 weeks later!! : BiasLewis thinks he's better than Danny Ainge as a GM.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that? I'm not criticizing Ainge. It was a good move but I wouldn't have given him the entire MLE...no way. My problem is with JON pushing surgery back and back and back when he had swelling a month ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Being "stuck" with this contract is not the end of the world.  They will not waive him, because someone else will sign him, and he will end up playing.  It's an old Red  trick.  Keep him away from the enemy..............like he did with Pistol Pete (the 76ers wanted him badly!!)  Anything we get from JON is gravy this year...buy him out next year - during the lockout....:)
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Trust me if anyone picks JON up he won't come back to haunt us. You can take that to the bank. I understand Ainge not wanting to jettison him sooner because he didn't have Perk. There is no reason to wait now.