JON out with the flu??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

JON out with the flu??

LOL! I told you guys he doesn't know what it means to fight through any kind of adversity. He needs to learn what it means to be a Celtic...quick and fast. How many times has Rondo, KG, PP or Ra played with the flu?

I'm going to say he lasts 4 games before he's out with another ailment of some sort...4 games. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

THis is why I've been looking to dump him as soon as Doc can play him enough to attract some offers before he let's us down come crunch time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: JON out with the flu??

I think we all saw how Pierce played with the flu, it wasn't pretty, right?

Or this is your way of saying we should trade JO for Posey?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to JON out with the flu??:
    [QUOTE]LOL! I told you guys he doesn't know what it means to fight through any kind of adversity. He needs to learn what it means to be a Celtic...quick and fast. How many times has Rondo, KG, PP or Ra played with the flu? I'm going to say he lasts 4 games before he's out with another ailment of some sort...4 games. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see. THis is why I've been looking to dump him as soon as Doc can play him enough to attract some offers before he let's us down come crunch time.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Dude, chill out already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

All I know when he comes back and able, he's better than Perk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Most teams in the NBA don't want anyone with the flu around the team. It spreads. Next thing you know, you have half your team infected. Also, my experience, as well as anyone who's had the flu, is that it affects people differently. I might have a 'light' case and can continue to function, while someone else in the household is down for the count. I love these 'weekend warrior' types who stay home playing XBox if THEY even stub their little toe, but expect someone else to soldier on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I thought he had a broken fingernail...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

There are different strains of the Flu. Some cases can be minor and some can be violent.

Some people get hospitalized, and some DIE with the Flu. The Flu bug doesn't discriminate on age either.

So lets not generalize, or criticize someone who couldn't play with the Flu when some did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: JON out with the flu??:
    [QUOTE]All I know when he comes back and able, he's better than Perk.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

All I know is you are wrong

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]There are different strains of the Flu. Some cases can be minor and some can be violent. Some people get hospitalized, and some DIE with the Flu. The Flu bug doesn't discriminate on age either. So lets not generalize, or criticize someone who couldn't play with the Flu when some did.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Oh, ya, had the sniffles too...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]He's soft. Nothing they can do now. He will play X-Mas. They aren't playing the Magic with Semih and Shaq as the only centers. He will finally take the skirt off and man up.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Great observation!!  Yes, he is soft.  That is the best way to explain his comments and the way Doc has treated him.

When he was playing injured he was making comments like he is trying hard and doing the best for the team even though he is injured, etc.  Doc shut him down, separated him from the team, stopped talking about him and giving him any attention.  Come back when you are ready to play and align yourself to playing!!

I still hear JON talking about how he is not 100%, he needs more conditioning, the knee might flare up, etc.  He needs other players to tell him to shut up and play or go back to rehab.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

He's soft as butter. Prakash has it right. It will just be a matter of time before everyone notices.

Fine it's the flu, stay away from the team. It will be something else next week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I think we all saw how Pierce played with the flu, it wasn't pretty, right? Or this is your way of saying we should trade JO for Posey?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No we should trade JO, Bradley, Daniels, an a number one pick for Posey.  Still LMAO

I guess some people have never been sick before.  Must be nice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

He wasn't soft as butter last year when the Heat took it to us in the playoffs.

I don't know what your personal beef is with JON, but the Celtics are good the way they are.

I don't have anything against you personally, but you make some over the top, outlandish posts from time to time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : No we should trade JO, Bradley, Daniels, an a number one pick for Posey.  Still LMAO I guess some people have never been sick before.  Must be nice.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

In total agreement One.

These "Armchair Basketball GM's" are something else. You swear JON slept with his wife or somethin', because of the hatred.

Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i heard there is a really bad strain going around this year. keep him away from the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]i heard there is a really bad strain going around this year. keep him away from the team.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

The one who started this topic doesn't agree. He thinks not playing because of a flu is, "he doesn't know what it means to fight through any kind of adversity."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : In total agreement One. These "Armchair Basketball GM's" are something else. You swear JON slept with his wife or somethin', because of the hatred.

It makes you wonder if they would be more happy if we were losing, then their posts would actually make more sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : In total agreement One. These "Armchair Basketball GM's" are something else. You swear JON slept with his wife or somethin', because of the hatred.

He could've slept with my wife but he said he had a headache.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]He wasn't soft as butter last year when the Heat took it to us in the playoffs. I don't know what your personal beef is with JON, but the Celtics are good the way they are. I don't have anything against you personally, but you make some over the top, outlandish posts from time to time.

Why is saying JON is soft over the top? He is, it's been his reputation for years, where have you been? Who did the Heat take it to in the playoffs?? LOL! Some of you just don't know basketball. What the heck series were you watching? JON did nothing that series worth scaring anyone.

There are people on this board that called Pau Gasol soft for 3 years and always got on him. He's the most skilled big man in the game now. You don't hear me talking about why some hate on him. I don't have to like every Celtic just because he's a Celtic. People killed Sheed last year so talk what you know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : Why is saying JON is soft over the top? He is, it's been his reputation for years, where have you been? Who did the Heat take it to in the playoffs?? LOL! Some of you just don't know basketball. What the heck series were you watching? JON did nothing that series worth scaring anyone. There are people on this board that called Pau Gasol soft for 3 years and always got on him. He's the most skilled big man in the game now. You don't hear me talking about why some hate on him. I don't have to like every Celtic just because he's a Celtic. People killed Sheed last year so talk what you know.

So basically what you're saying is you're just hating on JO, yes?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : So basically what you're saying is you're just hating on JO, yes?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

And he has the nerve to question someone's basketball knowledge. He makes the most outlandish statements. I never said anything about Gasol being soft.

Laughable at best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Basically yes. I just don't have faith in him as a Celtic. He doesn't have the makeup of a Celtic.

It's no different than guys not liking Vince Carter or Sheed. Some guys just have a certain makeup that hinders them throughout their career. Nate was headed down that road but changed once he got with the Celtics. Marbury was that way before he became a Celtic. Hopefully JON can change but out the gate it seems like it's business as usual.

It's nothing personal just basketball related.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]Basically yes. I just don't have faith in him as a Celtic. He doesn't have the makeup of a Celtic. It's no different than guys not liking Vince Carter or Sheed. Some guys just have a certain makeup that hinders them throughout their career. Nate was headed down that road but changed once he got with the Celtics. Marbury was that way before he became a Celtic. Hopefully JON can change but out the gate it seems like it's business as usual. It's nothing personal just basketball related.

You have to remember JO has no contribution since he called sick, I'm sure he was guilty of the unfortunate situation. You watch today.

JO will contribute a lot today!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : Agreed. And he has the nerve to question someone's basketball knowledge. He makes the most outlandish statements. I never said anything about Gasol being soft. Laughable at best.

Dude plenty on this board have called Gasol soft. How many of you hated on Sheed all of last year?? Be honest?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JON out with the flu?? : You have to remember JO has no contribution since he called sick, I'm sure he was guilty of the unfortunate situation. You watch today.   JO will contribute a lot today!!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Yeah he probably will contribute today since we aren't playing he'll probably have his best game