Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of the Week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of the Week

NEW YORK -- Boston Celtics point guard Jordan Crawford was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week on Monday after leading the Green to the East's only spotless record of the week.

Crawford topped Boston in scoring in all three games in wins over the Bucks, Nuggets, and Knicks. He averaged 23.3 points per game in that span (fourth best in the conference) while shooting 61 percent from the field (sixth best in East) to go along with 6.7 assists and 3 rebounds per contest. Crawford also made 12-of-23 3-pointers last week, with half of those coming when he made a career-high six against the Knicks on Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4709093/crawford-named-player-of-the-week?ex_cid=espnapi_public

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Re: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of the Week

Maybe the first of many. Will this youmg man agree to following John Havlicek as a premier "6th man"? I would love to see him in that role and splitting time equally with Bradley and Rondo. Matchups become less of a problem. For Pete's Sake don't trade Rondo. Three good guards is twice as good as having 2 good guards. (forget the math).

I believe whatever ?Stevens decides, or winds up doing, will be the right thing. He has brought Crawfors, but several others (think Humpries) out the wood work. Stevens is proving himself as a basketball "manager', as well as a basketball coach.

Probably the best since Auerbach!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

His big plus is that he can shoot late in the clock from outside with accuracy.  Plus he is much better than billed by many on this and other boards.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Very, very well deserved.

GO JCRAW!

STEEZE!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe the first of many. Will this youmg man agree to following John Havlicek as a premier "6th man"? I would love to see him in that role and splitting time equally with Bradley and Rondo. Matchups become less of a problem. For Pete's Sake don't trade Rondo. Three good guards is twice as good as having 2 good guards. (forget the math).

I believe whatever ?Stevens decides, or winds up doing, will be the right thing. He has brought Crawfors, but several others (think Humpries) out the wood work. Stevens is proving himself as a basketball "manager', as well as a basketball coach.

[/QUOTE]

But having 3 good small guards would cost 30m or more.

So half of the Celts' cap space would be spent on 3 small good guards?

[/QUOTE]

I like the 10 man deep strategy. Create a team with no ball hog around a premiere pass first point guard  and surround him with great shooters who fill different roles.

I like how deep we currently are

Rondo/ Crawford / Pressey

Bradley / Lee / Brooks / Bogans

Green / Wallace

Bass / Olynyk / Humphries

Sullinger / Favarani

Except for Brooks and Bogans, we are a seriously deep team. Can't wait until Rondo retuns!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Just look at Jordan Crawford's shooting the last 2 weeks.

Rondo's not going to shoot like the way Jordan is shooting.

So it's not a given that if Rondo returns the Celts will automatically become a better team.

So, do we trade Rondo?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like the 10 man deep strategy. Create a team with no ball hog around a premiere pass first point guard  and surround him with great shooters who fill different roles.

I like how deep we currently are

Rondo/ Crawford / Pressey

Bradley / Lee / Brooks / Bogans

Green / Wallace

Bass / Olynyk / Humphries

Sullinger / Favarani

Except for Brooks and Bogans, we are a seriously deep team. Can't wait until Rondo retuns!

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!!  Get an established center and lets see how good they can be. I think Brad can do more with 10 multi-position players that can play both offense and D than most teams can do needing 2-3 superstars. And, under the new CBA, it's best to not have max contracts for lengthy timeframes anyway. 10 excellents guys making $7-8MM on avg for 3 yr terms provides for opportunity ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, do we trade Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

If we get a top 5 pic, yes.

For example, the Kings just traded Vasquez to Toronto.

If the Kings offer their 1st round pick in 2014, unprotected of course, I would like Danny to do that deal. 

[/QUOTE]

What about Rondo's salary? You have to account for that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, they don't have much behind these three; 2 are good defenders, 2 can bring the ball up the court, and 2 of them are better than average shooters. They don't grow on trees, and I'm afraid if one them goes, one of the others goes down with a twisted ankle. I can;t believe they can't handle this, financially. They saved a bunch when the Big Three left, didn't they?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, do we trade Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

If we get a top 5 pic, yes.

For example, the Kings just traded Vasquez to Toronto.

If the Kings offer their 1st round pick in 2014, unprotected of course, I would like Danny to do that deal. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you or I said that he'd be screaming to the board what a dope we were since the salaries don't match and how bad we were as GM's and capologists, right?

I mean other than Thompson ($5.6MM) who else they goona use to match $ without giving us 3-4 players and then we wouldn't have the roster spots available .... C'mon Fungus, practice what you preach ... You can't rant on our trades and then offer up this lame trade that's off $12MM ... HAHAHA!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

"I mean other than Thompson ($5.6MM) who else they goona use to match $ without giving us 3-4 players and then we wouldn't have the roster spots available ...."

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pfrb2t7

HAHAHA

Not sure I believe the trade machine .. it's been wrong before

150% plus $100k of $8,165,000 = $12,347,500 and RR is making $12MM if that salary for Thornton is right. If his actual salary is closer to $7.8MM then that deal won't work.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo for Marcus Thornton and the Kings' 1st round pick in 2014.

That trade works.

[/QUOTE]

not enough. kings should include 2 or more first rd picks

rondo-mclemore-gay-williams-cousins?

doesnt look like a lottery team though

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.