jordan crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

jordan crawford

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/11/24/boston-celtics-is-jordan-crawford-their-most-valuable-trade-chip/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: jordan crawford

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Jordan Crawford is a trade chip.

He's a keeper.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, don't get seduced by a marginal player getting highlighted on a bad team.  Crawford is replaceable by Rondo and Danny should get whatever he can for him while the going is good.  AB is a keeper as a bench guy and not as the starting 2.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

He's a keeper.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he is a keeper.  Yes, he's playing great.  It's also a contract year.  I have my doubts about him.  I'm concerned that once he has the security of a multi year deal he may go back to his me first, shoot first ways.  I'm also not sure how much he is liked in the locker room.  His teammates seem to hold back when it comes to praising him.  They sometimes give kind of veiled answers when asked about his great play.  For the right deal, I would trade him.  I've got my fingers crossed for Marcus Smart.  I think he would be the best fit for this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

i think theyre both tradeable. crawford is a type of player that can easy to find or replace. ab plays well when rondo is around.

if ab demands more money, then S&T him next off season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

He's a keeper.

[/QUOTE]

This could also be the move Danny could easily make that would really hurt this team (help this team).  Without Crawford, I do not believe the Celtics would have a single win this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The plot may thicken if/when Rondo gets back and the team responds better with Crawford at PG running a helter skelter offense than it does with Rondo  running his famed clogged toilet offense.

One had considerable trade value while the other's trade value is deeply suspect... and they're both playing at this point in their careers for lucrative contracts.

For those who think Rondo easily replaces Crawford,  maybe the reverse has already happened.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fierce, don't get seduced by a marginal player getting highlighted on a bad team.  Crawford is replaceable by Rondo and Danny should get whatever he can for him while the going is good.  AB is a keeper as a bench guy and not as the starting 2.

Agree that AB is not a starting 2.

But if AB asks for more than 5m per year, I think the Celts will have no choice but to trade him.

Jordan Crawford is cheaper than AB and he can play backup PG.

Also, JC is taller than AB.

So the Celts will automatically have a backup SG and a backup PG if they keep JC.

[/QUOTE]

We seldom agree but I'm 100% with you on this one ... Crawford's a keeper and Danny has already said AB is a $6MM player yet no extension meaning his agent wants more than $6MM ... Bye-Bye!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But if AB asks for more than 5m per year, I think the Celts will have no choice but to trade him.

So the Celts will automatically have a backup SG and a backup PG if they keep JC.

[/QUOTE]

In that case neither will be a keeper.  It makes no sense to stock up on backups when you don't have quality starters.  Danny has to find a quality 2 first.

BTW, I am not so sure that Crawford will accept a cheaper contract at least initially.  There is a reason why the Wizards just dumped him.  Good judgement may not be his forte.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure he is a keeper.  Yes, he's playing great.  It's also a contract year.  I have my doubts about him.  I'm concerned that once he has the security of a multi year deal he may go back to his me first, shoot first ways.  I'm also not sure how much he is liked in the locker room.  His teammates seem to hold back when it comes to praising him.  They sometimes give kind of veiled answers when asked about his great play.  For the right deal, I would trade him.  I've got my fingers crossed for Marcus Smart.  I think he would be the best fit for this team.

[/QUOTE]

Shhh.  You don't say such things out loud.  There are folks here that believe that Rondo has been replaced by Crawford.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In that case neither will be a keeper.  It makes no sense to stock up on backups when you don't have quality starters.  Danny has to find a quality 2 first.

BTW, I am not so sure that Crawford will accept a cheaper contract at least initially.  There is a reason why the Wizards just dumped him.  Good judgement may not be his forte.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

I think the argument for keeping Crawford once Rondo gets back is his scoring ability. In my opinion the biggest flaw with the second unit is that they have no scorer.  The Pressey Lee Wallace Humphries Fav, or some combination of bench players, cannot create there own shot. And while Pressey has looked good at times he doesn't always do a good job setting up his teammates. I think you put crawford on the second unit and there production goes way up, especially because I'm not sure the Pressey's defense is better than Crawford.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Also for my two sense, I think with Rondo back Bradley is a quality two. He may never be an all star, but I can easily see him averaging 12 to 15 a game with great D.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bradley is an above average 2 guard. Better than Crawford only because of his defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I dont know what the general sentiment is, but I have no problem with Jordan chasing that triple double at the end of this game.