Josh Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Josh Smith

In response to TrogdorZing's comment:

I do not know how I am pathetic. All I am saying is that fellow Celtics fans overrate our teams players. Read this board or listen to WEEI or SportsHub, it is everywhere. Granted I think Felger is over the top on it, but he does have a point on it.

Career loser argument is so bad it is almost as laughable as you calling me a Lakers fan (which comes out of nowhere)...

Come on Felgy we know it's you!  Only Felger hates the Celtics fans enough to throw the terms "green teamers" and "kool aid drinkers" around with such reckless abandon. You seriously are sickened by people liking certain players on the team they root for?  

And I can see where Concord27 may mistake you for an LA Flaker fan, but you actually strike me as more of a Heat fan, due to your fair weather bravado.

You can't come on here, use generalities, call us all green teamers, insult the board, put down people's favorite players and not expect to catch some flack!  Or maybe you are in La La Land after all.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zinga_zinga. Show Zinga_zinga's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

I do not know how I am pathetic. All I am saying is that fellow Celtics fans overrate our teams players. Read this board or listen to WEEI or SportsHub, it is everywhere. Granted I think Felger is over the top on it, but he does have a point on it.

Career loser argument is so bad it is almost as laughable as you calling me a Lakers fan (which comes out of nowhere)...

Come on Felgy we know it's you!  Only Felger hates the Celtics fans enough to throw the terms "green teamers" and "kool aid drinkers" around with such reckless abandon. You seriously are sickened by people liking certain players on the team they root for?  

And I can see where Concord27 may mistake you for an LA Flaker fan, but you actually strike me as more of a Heat fan, due to your fair weather bravado.

You can't come on here, use generalities, call us all green teamers, insult the board, put down people's favorite players and not expect to catch some flack!  Or maybe you are in La La Land after all.

I don't mind "flack" if it makes any sense but the "flack" hasn't made sense.

I am a fair weather fan or a heat fan because I think Josh Smith is a lot more talented than Jeff Green? That makes sense. I must sound like a Heat or fair weather fan because I am not completely over the top biased towards all the players on the Celtics vs guys who will never play for Celtics.

I think Green is grossly overrated but I do think Rondo has become completely unappreciated and underrated by fans here in Boston, and we will miss him when he leaves. Didn't think I needed to point out what I like about the Celtics when pointing out flaws but I guess some people are over-sensitive here. Sorry if you get offended by me saying that Jeff Green is entirely overrated. I'll go off his career and others can go off his small sample size where he had some awesome games. I will happily eat crow if I am wrong because the Celtics will be closer to becoming successful sooner than later.

I just get mad when the same people who praise Jeff Green say garbage about Josh Smith. It honestly doesn't make sense at all and is embarrassing as a Celtics fan. To counter my argument, people have been using extremely small sample sizes or calling me a fake fan which is interesting.

I wanted Smith to come to Boston until KG and Doc left. I swear, one year with KG and Doc, and the kid goes from star to super star. I still think he has potential to do great things in the NBA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

I disagree.

I think Rondo would have gotten on Josh during games if he was shooting them out of it. I think Rondo care a whole lot more about winning than he does about placating his friends. With the right coach and teamates and Rondo at the point, Josh can be a really productive player.

Just didn't make sense for us when we have his clone in Green at 8M per. Anyone still complaining about Jeff's contract? 

You have to admit, Rondo and Josh Smith in Detroit makes more sense than Rondo and Green in Boston.

acie is looking like a turd right now after saying saying Green is overpaid.

[/QUOTE]

Why? Green is half the player Josh Smith is.... Green gets so overrated here it is embarrassing sometimes...

[/QUOTE]

Come back to the board in Febuary 14' when Green gets a all star appearance.  Green has a season under his belt after Heart Surgery, The guy showed glimpses last year when he wasn't close to 100%. Him and Rondo will be coming in fresh. It may be a biased opinion on my part. But I think Green will end up being a star in Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08/20/bernucca-the-10-worst-offseason-free-agent-signings/2/

The #1 worst offseason free agent signing .... Josh Smith

"... you have to wonder about Pistons GM Joe Dumars spending $13.5 million per year to play Smith out of position. Anyone associated with the Pistons envisions bigs Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond playing next to each other for a long time. That relegates Smith to small forward, where he doesn’t shoot well enough and isn’t quick enough to guard wings such as Luol Deng, Paul Pierce and LeBron James – and that’s just in the Eastern Conference. Smith still is just 27 and may figure it out. But as he has shown during his first nine seasons, his learning curve is not exactly accelerated."

Can't wait to see the Drummond/Monroe/Smith experiment fail and hear Danny's phone ringing off the hook ...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Wow. You dug this out from the past.

I take Green, his character, and his contract over Smith, his character and his eratic play - today.  and I think after this season, Green establishes himself as a foundation on this team.

If Smith can play SF, which I think is highly unlikely, Detroit has the best frontcourt in basketball. Drummond is a monster about to have a huge year.  If not, then Monroe and Drummond alternate at Center and Drummond and Smith atlternate at PF.  I see that working just fine with everyone getting their minutes and touches.    

Detroit will be one of the most exciting teams to watch and they are my darkhorse achiever this year.  Shridan has them at #15 in the power rankings (Celtics #20).   I think Detroit will be closer to #11 and Celtics closer to #24 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I take Green, his character, and his contract over Smith, his character and his eratic play - today.  and I think after this season, Green establishes himself as a foundation on this team.

If Smith can play SF, which I think is highly unlikely, Detroit has the best frontcourt in basketball. Drummond is a monster about to have a huge year.  If not, then Monroe and Drummond alternate at Center and Drummond and Smith atlternate at PF.  I see that working just fine with everyone getting their minutes and touches.    

Detroit will be one of the most exciting teams to watch and they are my darkhorse achiever this year.  Shridan has them at #15 in the power rankings (Celtics #20).   I think Detroit will be closer to #11 and Celtics closer to #24 

I don't see Smith being able to play SF all year long with all that running even though he's a very good athlete...that takes alot out of a big guy like him...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't see Smith being able to play SF all year long with all that running even though he's a very good athlete...that takes alot out of a big guy like him...

[/QUOTE]

Agree ... Somethings gonna give ... Most likely Josh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't see any conflict or problems with the Monroe at Center and Smith at PF with Drummond sharing minutes at both positions causing matchup nightmares.  

The problem I see with Detroit is at PG with Jennings.  You can only have one Josh Smith or Jennings on the court at the same time.  They are both selfish, dumb players, with a history of taking bad shots and poor decision making.  A disaster in the making.