J.R. Smith suspended for Game 4 for elbowing Terry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

J.R. Smith suspended for Game 4 for elbowing Terry

As he should be!

BOSTON (AP) -- The NBA suspended Knicks guard J.R. Smith on Saturday night for Game 4 of New York's playoff series against Boston for elbowing the Celtics' Jason Terry in the chin.

Smith, the league's Sixth Man of the Year, will be forced to sit out when the Knicks try to complete a four-game sweep Sunday.

The Knicks had a big lead Friday night when Smith, holding the ball, swung his elbow into Terry's face with 7:06 remaining. Smith was given a flagrant foul 2, an automatic ejection.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: J.R. Smith suspended for Game 4 for elbowing Terry

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Looks like the series will be going back to NY.

If the Celts win Game 4 then credit Terry for taking that elbow.

lol, absolutely true. And sadly so. Though I'm not sure we'll be going back to NY. I'ld rather this team die in the miserable way they should. 4-0. See if that gets under any of their skins throughout the summer. If not.... Then send'm pack'n.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Nice to see Terry actually helping the team in some way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The NBA realizes how much their ratings are about to drop without Boston and LA (Lakers) in the playoffs! 

Two of their biggest stars play for small market teams! Their biggest star is not well liked!

Case in point - during MJ's era you saw # 23 jerseys every where you looked! Present day, I never see a LJ jersey, anywhere!

The NBA is in trouble! David Stern's legacy will soon materialize! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The NBA realizes how much their ratings are about to drop without Boston and LA (Lakers) in the playoffs! 

Two of their biggest stars play for small market teams! Their biggest star is not well liked!

Case in point - during MJ's era you saw # 23 jerseys every where you looked! Present day, I never see a LJ jersey, anywhere!

LJ is either 1st or 2nd in jersey sales

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

LJ is either 1st or 2nd in jersey sales

Compare the number of MJ jerseys to the number of LJ jerseys sold, during the height of their careers. Take in to account the NBA has a much bigger fan base in Asia today, versus the days when MJ graced the floor!

MJ was admired and respected by all! LJ is not, and likely never will be!