Just a Little Bump in the Road

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Just a Little Bump in the Road

This tiresome slump is just a wee little bump in the road, but it's enough for all the bandwagoneers to start jumping.  See yas all later.

There are many reasons for this slump, too many to enumerate here, and besides, it would be futile to try to expain something to know nothings.

Do you think this spells the end of the Celtic's playoff hopes?

Do you think they might not make it out of the first round?

Do you think they are out of contention for Banner 18?

What kind of person are you, a fan or an EIO (Emotionaly Invested Observer)?

The C's can pull out of this slump, can't they.

The C's can start playing good ball again, can't they?

Once in the playoffs, it's a new season, isn't it?  The season that counts?

Go panic and run from under the falling sky,Chicken Littles: it's as if you've never seen a slump before.

LoL

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Just a Little Bump in the Road

I think we may loose a few more beofre we right this ship. We have a better bench than last year and a healthy KG  I am fine 2nd seed 3rd seed do not matter we beat everyone in the east multiple times. We will get it togather

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

whole team looks like it. They played well for a few games after the trade then it went south. I thnk it is a slump and not the trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Atta Boy Rondowski!!

In Response to Just a Little Bump in the Road:
    [QUOTE]This tiresome slump is just a wee little bump in the road, but it's enough for all the bandwagoneers to start jumping.  See yas all later. There are many reasons for this slump, too many to enumerate here, and besides, it would be futile to try to expain something to know nothings. Do you think this spells the end of the Celtic's playoff hopes? Do you think they might not make it out of the first round? Do you think they are out of contention for Banner 18? What kind of person are you, a fan or an EIO (Emotionaly Invested Observer)? The C's can pull out of this slump, can't they. The C's can start playing good ball again, can't they? Once in the playoffs, it's a new season, isn't it?  The season that counts? Go panic and run from under the falling sky,Chicken Littles: it's as if you've never seen a slump before. LoL -
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

I knew we could count on at least one of you sunshine pumpers!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Dammit. I'm just going to stay positive even if it is illogical. Dudder and the other doom-sayers can KMA. The C's will pull out of this funk.

Where has Corner been? Corner is relentlessly positive!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]This tiresome slump is just a wee little bump in the road, but it's enough for all the bandwagoneers to start jumping.  See yas all later. There are many reasons for this slump, too many to enumerate here, and besides, it would be futile to try to expain something to know nothings. Do you think this spells the end of the Celtic's playoff hopes? Do you think they might not make it out of the first round? Do you think they are out of contention for Banner 18? What kind of person are you, a fan or an EIO (Emotionaly Invested Observer)? The C's can pull out of this slump, can't they. The C's can start playing good ball again, can't they? Once in the playoffs, it's a new season, isn't it?  The season that counts? Go panic and run from under the falling sky,Chicken Littles: it's as if you've never seen a slump before. LoL -

Rajon, it is nice to see a few fans such as yourself still having a positive attitude.  I'm sure the panic was even worst last year.  Right now I am unable to completely share your optimism, but everything you say makes sense.  People like you help people like me keep the faith.  Keep posting!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Ostrich, syndrome, head, sand - a few words that spring to mind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

R.I.P.

CELTICS
    2010-2011

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

More mindless drivel from Mr. Know-It-All.  Patronize much?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Just a Little Bump in the Road:
    [QUOTE]Rivers should have given them the day off. They are an older team. They don't need a tough practice at this time of year. They need time off.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

thats crap, they get days off all the time and it has not been any different.  matter of fact with the new players they needed a practice.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

See the bandwagon jumpers even resort to personal attacks just because someone remains positive and doesn't buy into their panicky, paranoid, sky-is-falling mentality.  I love you guys anyway, even when you're panties are all up in a bunch.  LoL

To tell you the truth I turned the game off right after the half.  When the C's play that bad I don't feel obligated to watch them.  Still, I must admit that I was surprised to go to the post game and see that they had just lost to the Bobcats.   What I saw in the 2nd quarter and in the boxscore and the min by min replay told me every thing I needed to know without the pain of watching. 

I've seen this team in slumps before and it can be real ugly.  Almost difficult to recognize them as a team that can dominate at will when they are all on the same page and healthy both mentally and physically.

No one can predict the future, but these types of problems, fatigue, the chemistry problems, the incorporating new guys problems, the emotional funk they are in, have a way of self-correcting given patience and time.

I expect them to be hitting on all cylinders again when the playoffs roll around.  Then it will be "Advantage Celtics" Because of their superior experience and their battle tested savvy.  They got plenty of talent.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]"To tell you the truth I turned the game off right after the half.  When the C's play that bad I don't feel obligated to watch them" Talk about Bandwagon... Which is it???????
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Rick Pitino is a bandwagon coach!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]OK.

Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

-

Bandwagon EIO's (Emotionally Invested Observers), as opposed to fans, jump ship when the going gets rough, and they drown in their own negativity and lack of confidence.  Most of them have never played on a team or have ever been part of a winning organization that faced adversity and overcame it.  That is why they jump ship and give up.

It's a long season, an interminably long regular season, where the players don't feel like playing every game, and I don't feel like watching every game, especially the ones where the players obviously didn't feel like showing up.  That's sports.  Emotions are a factor, as is fatigue.  I've been in games where my legs were so dead in the 4th quarter that if a loose ball bounced a few feet from me I could not make myself go get that ball.  Did that make me a bad guy, a loser, a bad player?  No, it indicated that I was just fatigued is all and emotionally spent.  It happens in sports.  You bounce back.

The No Nothings on this board, the bandwagon jumpers want us all to agree with them and vindicate their paranoia and say, "YOU ARE RIGHT, IT'S ALL OVER FOR THE CELTICS, THEY SUCK, THEY CAN'T WIN # 18, THEY ARE THROUGH,

and anyone who does not agree with them is subject to ridicule.

The only people being ridiculous are the ones preaching doom and gloom on this board, the Rondo haters, the Danny haters, the Doc haters, basically, I believe they are Celtic haters who don't deserve to be called fans, that's why I refer to them as EIO's, Emotionally Invested Observers, aka, No Nothings.

What?  They've never seen a team pull out of a slump?

This season has a long way to go, so mark this date on the calendar:  this is the date the No Nothings, the Band Wagon Jumpers, the EIO's put their foot in their mouths, screamed, "THE SKY IS FALLING!" and jumped ship.

We will remember who you are on down the road.

Where you swimming to: the shores of vindication of your own short-sighted negativity and lack of sports, basketball, and NBA knowledge?

LoL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

its more than a little bump on the road..
    thats like calling a tsunami a little wave in the wading pool...but i am confident that things will work out...the team does not look confident.i believe there are several issues going on at the same time.. it happens..just like the Fakers a few weeks ago....now they are playing with a new attitude...but after last year, i will never discount this team..they have proven themselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

bump in the road? More like a brick wall

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]The new season starts tomorrow night at Minny.   

Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

-

Hey, Fierce, what's up with KGLove?  He can't tell a bump from a brick?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ski...as much as I would like to agree with you that this is a mere bump in the road or a slump that most teams endure, as a fan I will try to be positive but realistically, we need Shaq and JON too to advance in playoffs.

Teams that are more than just competitive have one of two things, and hopefully, both.  A strong presence in the paint or a superstar G or F.  Let me address the latter first, Bulls have Rose, most definitely a superstar & perhaps MVP this year but are not exceptional under the paint. The Magic & Mavs, on the other hand, don't have, in my opinion, superstars other than Howard and Nowitski(who is a PF & Center) but they are terrific under the basket. The Spurs have Duncan in the paint & then Ginobli & Parker, both guards and although not youngsters, they are still stars. The Thunder have superstars, Durant & Westbrook...both very young...and now Perk foir "D" & rebounds.

But the real stickout and I hate them but they are 14-1 since the allstar break  have the best of both worlds with 3 very good players in the paint, Gasol, Bynum & Odom, & , of course, Kobe, the very best, I think, since Michael Jordan. 

Now we come to us. Yup, we have the BIG 3 & won in 2008 with them and Perk, of course, not for offense but good defense. That same team almost won last year except we'll never know about Game 7 if Perk were not injured.  As a long time Celtic fan still smarting from Game 7 and disparity in foul shots, I feel that being out rebounded killed us too & with Perk that wouldn't have happened. Rasheed, in my opinion, was not a power center who liked to dunk the ball. He like Garnett was mostly a jump shooter and at times felt he was a 3 pt shooter like Pierce & Allen. I'd have preferred muscle in the paint.  So, we still have our 3 stars but they, as happens to all of us who age, have lost a step or two & we do not dominate in the paint. If we shoot 50% + we need not worry so much about rebounds, but if not, we need them.  Lakers shot a pathetic 32% in Game 7 but dominance of rebounds allowed them extra chances. We do not have that luxury when we have poor shooting nights so as I titled this post, I end it with WE MUST HAVE SHAQ AND JON, ALBEIT NOT ESSENTIAL, WOULD BE A BIG HELP TOO, ESPECIALLY WHEN SHAQ FOULS OUT !!!

PS...apparently from a coach(paisano too) who knew something about winning & it seems didn't believe in bumps in the road and slumps,  here's a couple of   quotes from Lombardi that could apply to the unimportance or importance of our team not winning now:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

" If you can accept losing, you can't win."