Just like the good old days

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Just like the good old days

Check out NESN.....Lamar Odom was just quoted as saying that he is happy the "East is the Beast" because the teams can beat up on each other....and the Lakers can come in well rested.....just like the '80's.....and later....the Celtics and company can pound each other into submission and the winner limps into the finals....finally...a Laker player admits that playing in the weaker conference stacks the odds in the Laker's favor.....man, that is priceless....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Just like the good old days

If I was Lamar I wouldn't be discounting either the Blazers or Thunder. Not to mention the Spurs. Lamar shouldn't even say things like that in the press as it will only give incentive to our opponents. We already have a target on our backs, we don't need it being any bigger. 

On paper though the East does look strong. Don't discount hard first round series against Atlanta and Chicago for the team unfortunate enough to play them in the first round of the play offs. 

Same with the West, we didn't match up well with The Thunder and the Blazers always cause us problems. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Just like the good old days:
    [QUOTE]If I was Lamar I wouldn't be discounting either the Blazers or Thunder. Not to mention the Spurs. Lamar shouldn't even say things like that in the press as it will only give incentive to our opponents. We already have a target on our backs, we don't need it being any bigger.  On paper though the East does look strong. Don't discount hard first round series against Atlanta and Chicago for the team unfortunate enough to play them in the first round of the play offs.  Same with the West, we didn't match up well with The Thunder and the Blazers always cause us problems.   
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

U R wright.

West ain't so weak now.  But . ..  they still ain't the East.

We know Lamar, he played for URI in Rhode Island in the Atlantic 10, he had problems even then with foot and mouth disease among other problems.

He been a pro since the age of ten, like so many of them nowadays.  Played with Artest in AAU. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In your logic a 4-2 playoff series is an easy win? 

Game six, in OK City, LA Lakers 95 and the Thunder 94. I don't think you can get closer than that in a game, unless it goes to overtime. I seem to remember a shot from Westbrook hitting the rim which would have won the game for the Thunder. You remember that?

I thought that the series would be going for seven games. And yes, they do match up well against us, with their speed they can blow us off the court. Didn't you watch the games? 

And yes, the Blazers made the playoffs, thankfully for us they were not on our side. And how do you get off on calling them the Jailblazers. It's as silly as people still calling us the 'fakers'. The Blazers made the playoffs by overcoming a series of injury problems. And you laugh at this? It's an accomplishment. 

I also wouldn't want to start putting an asterisk next to 2008. Otherwise the Celtics fans will start doing that with our 1987 title. Injuries are part of the game and every team has to deal with them at one time or another. 

Just a question. Are you like 14 years old or something? Just asking because your posts are a little juvenile.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

4-2 easy!
    JAILBLAZERS
    2008 Celtics*     (2 of 5 Laker starters injured)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

'85 Celtics.....Maxwell plays a cameo role and Bird (MVP) plays injured.....I'd mention the injuries to the Celtics the next time they met but there isn't enough room to post all the names and injuries.....injuries are a part of the game, it's true....but it's also true that, throughout the years, when these teams have met with both reasonably healthy.....the Celtics have never lost to the Lakers....you can go to the NBA page and actually look this up....it is right there and easy to search...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I always thought that the Celtics depth was exposed in '85. Starters having to play too many minutes, Maxwell never getting back to where he was in '84. 

Bird injured his hand (I think) that affected his shooting. 

Looking back I think Boston routing us in game one did us the greatest favor, was like what happened to the Celtics after game 3 in the previous finals. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

you are right on.......I hated that game 1 blowout.........I told my best friend (Laker fan) it was a bad omen....sure enough....oh well....this rivalry is still the best in sports IMHO...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

They were lucky to get past Okie City and barely managed to beat "a bunch of old men" in seven games. This guy sounds more like a fan than a player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

[QUOTE]4-2 easy! JAILBLAZERS 2008 Celtics*     (2 of 5 Laker starters injured)
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Its not that hard to win when its 8 on 5....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

[QUOTE]4-2 easy! JAILBLAZERS 2008 Celtics*     (2 of 5 Laker starters injured)
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

Man. Why are you always on Celtics posts? Do the lakers not have blogs? You cant talk what-ifs in this league. Yah bynum was injured in'08. If Perkins was here for game 7 who know what would have happened. It was only a 4 point game. I dont talk what ifs in regards to Perk. You shouldnt in regards to 08. Remember game 4 in 08. That was sick. Shut up and get off our blogs.