Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobetheman. Show kobetheman's posts

Re: Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!!

Several words to put this in perspective. "We got the Win!"
    Congrats Btown you got a break, Bucks fell apart!  And you got every break in the book down the stretch!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!!:
    [QUOTE]Several words to put this in perspective. "We got the Win!" Congrats Btown you got a break, Bucks fell apart!  And you got every break in the book down the stretch!!
    Posted by kobetheman[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bucks fell apart!  And you got every break in the book down the stretch!!

HA! you mean like how the Lakers got all the breaks in the last 5 minutes of game 7? LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!!:
    [QUOTE]Several words to put this in perspective. "We got the Win!" Congrats Btown you got a break, Bucks fell apart!  And you got every break in the book down the stretch!!

A small piece of a tree limb begins witha an "S'
    To see the sky you look  "up"
    The tail end of a horse begins with an "A"

You smart enough to figure that out?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Confused07. Show Confused07's posts

I couldn't agree more.

Stern is going to ruin this game with the ridiculous technical rule. The only thing that has kept the referees barely functional is the pressure coming from the coaches and teams (and Tommy Heinsohn!). The silly sycophants assigned to supervising referees in the league office are over their head and making things works.

The tech rule is imbuing incompetence into the referees.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobetheman. Show kobetheman's posts

[QUOTE]this game was all about the celtics showing up stinko in the first quarter and wasting the chance to put the sleeping bucks away.  our spacing, movement and passing were horrible the first 12 minutes.  if we played PRETTY GOOD we could have been up 15+ and then it's a whole different game.  how many times has heinsohn ever talked about the psychological game within every game?  well, we lost that tonight and got into a dogfight.  yeah, the refs had some lousy travel calls but we still should have been up 15-17 after one instead of barely 9.  but it doesn't matter, we can play ray, pierce and kg 138 minutes to beat the left handed boguted bucks this early in the season.  NOTHING from the bench other than davis once again.  not liking the inner workings of this team so far.  doc has clipped nate out of the rotation and delonte isn't even back yet- why?  marquis, marquis, where for art thou are ye?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    iF you want to break it down between Cs and Lakers bench the Cs have the biggest inconsistency.  Certain injury to Lakers bench will break them down and could hurt come playoff time.  In Pro BBall you have to understand that home cooking is a important home advantage.  The Cs got the breaks and that comes with home court advantage...end of story!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

I say that after every game until the next one.  The officiating in the NBA is horrible.  The new tech rule is just another attempt to hide that fact.

There were about 5 phantom fouls called on the Celtics in the third quarter; then there was one called on Maggette in the fourth.  All were ridiculous calls.

People pay money to watch the players, not the officials, who are slowly but surely ruining the product. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce...you believe me now?

WWF without a rules is the same as NBA with too much unecessary rules.
    Now its called fraud!!

Hear me fierce?
    8 people here thinks it's fraud....it will grow more.

Oh, for DFURY.....you haven't seen anything yet.
    At mid season phantom calls no longer called "phantom", later will be called "stern fraud"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Couldn't agree more about the officials and this new technical rule.    Agree with

Che, that it is only going to continue to get worse as the season progresses. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!!:
    [QUOTE]This is horrible. They are making up calls. I am replaying things again and again with my DVR and this is just a joke. Travels are being called that are not travels. Offensive fouls that aren't fouls. Pathetic!!!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

Let me guess...all of these bogus calls/non-calls favored the Bucks, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!! : Let me guess...all of these bogus calls/non-calls favored the Bucks, right?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Your guess is wrong---I can see where you coming.
    Refs trying to control the game especially when the other team has more skills than the other. Although the phantom calls againts the C's....at the end
         the best team prevailed over the fraud calls.
    NBA will try to use as much as phantom calls to control the game or 
        how they want to end the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]This is horrible. They are making up calls. I am replaying things again and again with my DVR and this is just a joke. Travels are being called that are not travels. Offensive fouls that aren't fouls. Pathetic!!!

Get use to it... Stern and his henchman (NBA Officials) are going to see to it that it's a Heat/Laker Final. It's up to the Cs to overcome all this....this might be the most important banner of all the Cs banners....for what they had to overcome to get it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!! : Get use to it... Stern and his henchman (NBA Officials) are going to see to it that it's a Heat/Laker Final. It's up to the Cs to overcome all this....this might be the most important banner of all the Cs banners....for what they had to overcome to get it!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

That's right, like the NBA was trying for years to get a Bryant/James Finals but can't seem to set it up.  Another ignorant Cs fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!! : iF you want to break it down between Cs and Lakers bench the Cs have the biggest inconsistency.  Certain injury to Lakers bench will break them down and could hurt come playoff time.  In Pro BBall you have to understand that home cooking is a important home advantage.  The Cs got the breaks and that comes with home court advantage...end of story!

Please do some actual thinking before you post drivel.

Your team right now has its big men.  If and when you lose Gasol for two months, you're going to give up a lot of ground in the west.  

And if LA were to lose, say, Bynum and Gasol simultaneously, your team will barely stumble into the playoffs.  

The Celts finished the game last night without a true big man.  LA didn't.  Get over it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

DFURY

Who are you Tommy? Boston got every call the last 5 minutes,every stinking call.Fix was in and the Bucks were the far better team. Paul lived at the line.

C's played the starters 40+ minutes at home against a 1-4 team, this team will be all done in 20 games.

Run

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Please do some actual thinking before you post drivel. Your team right now has its big men.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to go ahead and label Bynum one of the Lakers' big men if that's alright with you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce...you believe me now? WWF without a rules is the same as NBA with too much unecessary rules. Now its called fraud!! Hear me fierce? 8 people here thinks it's fraud....it will grow more. Oh, for DFURY.....you haven't seen anything yet. At mid season phantom calls no longer called "phantom", later will be called "stern fraud"
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Did you actually see me post on this thread before this reply? 

I told you the refs don't bother me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE] The Celts finished the game last night without a true big man.  LA didn't.  Get over it.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

And you point is.......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just may be the worst officiated game I've seen in 5 years!!! : That the NBA has an insidious plot against the Celtics and will do everything in it's power to prevent them from getting another title, 2008 notwithstanding.  At least this is what pathetic Cs fans are crying about anyway.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Sorry you feel we are so pathetic.  If you don't agree with us, why don't you try the many lakers boards nation wide, where putting down the team is not allowed?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

The worst officiated game was game 7 of last years finals. That, of course, was within 5 years so this game against the Bucks has to be second worst.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

My question is how is the gag order on the players going to make the officiating better. Incompetent officiating is the biggest threat to respectability that the game has.

Of course now that cry baby Villanueva has created a new threat to the game by being so chickenshat maybe Stern will ban tweeting about other players too. I can't wait until the next game against the Bucks. I'll bet Villanueva is mysteriously hurt and doesn't play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Another troll who didn't see the game shooting his mouth off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

it was an evenly called game on both ends not great.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]it was an evenly called game on both ends not great.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The calls the Celts didn't get throughout the game came back to them in the last 4 minutes of the game.

But I hate the new, "Can't complain" policy in this league.  It's one thing to clean up the way that players and coaches react, it's another to keep them from doing it at all.  The most a player or coach can do now is to talk amicably to the refs.