just RAY being RAY, my nightmare is we are eliminated from the playoffs in the same way!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: just RAY being RAY, my nightmare is we are eliminated from the playoffs in the same way!

In response to RajonRondowski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to COMMIECONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

score tied, no time left on the clock, bron has the ball against denver, starts to make a move to the basket, 3 guys run towards him as the clock runs down to zero.. flashback to last year... throw it up with his left hand? no! even as the media goes nuts afterwards on how a megastar can be afraid of the big moments.. send it to the non-spotup shooter wade? the passive chrissy who wont battle my granny to demand the ball? the very bold but still developing chalmers?mike "i cant run" miller? how about either "great until you put your hand in my face" battier or james jones? no wonder there was always chaos last year in the one glaring weakness of that team..

back to 2012 and last night. bron penetrates, the floor is spread, everyone and their granny knows this is why #34 was brought to miami and y the celtics were the toughest team in basketball in such situations the past few years. ray runs right, absorbs the contact, fights thru the screens, sets up, gets the ball from bron in the left corner, while his man runs towatrds him with a hand clear in his grill and blocking his peripheral vision, ray does what he has always done and y he is by far the clutchest of the clutchest of shooters in the HISTORY of the nba... just as always he takes and hits the THREE with nothing but nettttttttttttttt.. never a doubt about it as the heat fans go wild and embrace their new folk hero and this year's 6th man of the year and all-star (4 heat going).

perhaps avery bradley can step up and be the man. courtney lee comes close but he's no ray.. his shot is not as smooth, saw him totally brick some wide open threes against the wiz. terry? just not tall enough, like with AB. barbosa? please! p-square? absolutely but often only off the dribble. btw, who covers ray if tied in game 7 with 3 seconds left on the clock? rondo, AB, lee? please! ray always gets his shot, i just pray it rims outor is called for traveling as it swishes through. green will regret not giving ray his respect earlier and casually dangling him out there and making him an afterthought. ray is is the MJ for closing games as he does. everyone knows where its going, doesnt matter what the defense does, the man always gets a clean look on a team that appreciates it. no one will be rondoing around or having pp or kg as other options. first, second and third option is ray. let the defense react to him. having bron as your next option or a wade with an easy one on one matchup, gawd help ya with that!

closing will never be easier for the heat! give it to ray, even easier than a bron layup in the clutch!

[/QUOTE]

Nicely done.

Yes, Ray is rather ageless and his defense was always under-rated as was his ball-handling, but what matters most is the ice-water in his veins:   he's an assasin waiting to deliver the dagger.  They got better, we got worse.

Well said, my man, and I second that emotion.

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

[/QUOTE]

If Ray keeps playing big minutes it is only a matter of time before he dies out. He has been terrible in the playoffs since 2008 and after 82 games, those shots ain't gonna fall anymore. Have you not seen enough of this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: just RAY being RAY, my nightmare is we are eliminated from the playoffs in the same way!

Enough of this "Ray Allen will make the difference between the Celts and the Heat" junk!!!! 

Commie not sure if you have noticed but we've had an overdose of Ray Allen love in here. Time to move on. Yes, it's unfortunate he ended up on the Heat but he's an old dude now and it's a long season. Right now the Celts have to figure out how to become a good team, we are not even in the Heat's league yet. 

The main difference between this year's Heat team and last year's team is NOT Ray Allen. 

If you'll recall the Heat got plenty of great outside shooting against us and OKC without Ray Allen last year. 

Read it again. 

The main difference between this year's Heat team and last year's is NOT Ray Allen. 

What is it then? 

It's that Wade is healthy. If Wade stays healthy and Lebron keeps his game amped up the way it is now, we're not beating them. Ray Allen has nothing to do with it. 

As for Ray being a living legend, Fierce nailed it: 

"If he's an assasin waiting to deliver the dagger, the Celts should have won Game 7 of the 2010 Finals. have the facts to backup my claims. Ray only had 1 FG for 3 qtrs. in that Game 7. "

"Last season Ray was like a dull dagger in Game 7 against the Heat."

EXACTLY. Ray hit some huge shots for us but he missed a few big ones too. 

Please Ray Allen fanboys just order your Heat jerseys and move on from here,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Did we need that novel to remind us that Ray is the greatest shooter ever?

It is his age, recent injury history, terrible defense and being turnover prone that need to be exploited when he is on the court

of course you don't leave him open for a game winner... duh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to COMMIECONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

score tied, no time left on the clock, bron has the ball against denver, starts to make a move to the basket, 3 guys run towards him as the clock runs down to zero.. flashback to last year... throw it up with his left hand? no! even as the media goes nuts afterwards on how a megastar can be afraid of the big moments.. send it to the non-spotup shooter wade? the passive chrissy who wont battle my granny to demand the ball? the very bold but still developing chalmers?mike "i cant run" miller? how about either "great until you put your hand in my face" battier or james jones? no wonder there was always chaos last year in the one glaring weakness of that team..

back to 2012 and last night. bron penetrates, the floor is spread, everyone and their granny knows this is why #34 was brought to miami and y the celtics were the toughest team in basketball in such situations the past few years. ray runs right, absorbs the contact, fights thru the screens, sets up, gets the ball from bron in the left corner, while his man runs towatrds him with a hand clear in his grill and blocking his peripheral vision, ray does what he has always done and y he is by far the clutchest of the clutchest of shooters in the HISTORY of the nba... just as always he takes and hits the THREE with nothing but nettttttttttttttt.. never a doubt about it as the heat fans go wild and embrace their new folk hero and this year's 6th man of the year and all-star (4 heat going).

perhaps avery bradley can step up and be the man. courtney lee comes close but he's no ray.. his shot is not as smooth, saw him totally brick some wide open threes against the wiz. terry? just not tall enough, like with AB. barbosa? please! p-square? absolutely but often only off the dribble. btw, who covers ray if tied in game 7 with 3 seconds left on the clock? rondo, AB, lee? please! ray always gets his shot, i just pray it rims outor is called for traveling as it swishes through. green will regret not giving ray his respect earlier and casually dangling him out there and making him an afterthought. ray is is the MJ for closing games as he does. everyone knows where its going, doesnt matter what the defense does, the man always gets a clean look on a team that appreciates it. no one will be rondoing around or having pp or kg as other options. first, second and third option is ray. let the defense react to him. having bron as your next option or a wade with an easy one on one matchup, gawd help ya with that!

closing will never be easier for the heat! give it to ray, even easier than a bron layup in the clutch!

[/QUOTE]

Nicely done.

Yes, Ray is rather ageless and his defense was always under-rated as was his ball-handling, but what matters most is the ice-water in his veins:   he's an assasin waiting to deliver the dagger.  They got better, we got worse.

Well said, my man, and I second that emotion.

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Yeah, he's got the shooting touch,  but his ball handling  and D are suspect, IMO.

Maybe he's more motivated right  now  than Lee & Terry, his replacement committee.

Hope  we're not  seeing an incipient  replay of the Rasheed Wallace, "I'll be ready when  it  counts," attitude.

That would suck

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

I miss Ray.  We took him for granted and didn't know how fortunated we were to have him, now he's gone, and the Celts will no longer have the benefit of the clutches king of 3s to rely on anymore.  Thanks Rondo.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, he's got the shooting touch,  but his ball handling  and D are suspect, IMO.

Maybe he's more motivated right  now  than Lee & Terry, his replacement committee.

Hope  we're not  seeing an incipient  replay of the Rasheed Wallace, "I'll be ready when  it  counts," attitude.

That would suck

[/QUOTE]
    Good point.  If his replacements start playing better, we won't miss Ray.  It also was his decision to leave Boston for a lot less money to sign with Miami.  The Celtics couldn't do anything about it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Enough of this "Ray Allen will make the difference between the Celts and the Heat" junk!!!! 

Commie not sure if you have noticed but we've had an overdose of Ray Allen love in here. Time to move on. Yes, it's unfortunate he ended up on the Heat but he's an old dude now and it's a long season. Right now the Celts have to figure out how to become a good team, we are not even in the Heat's league yet. 

The main difference between this year's Heat team and last year's team is NOT Ray Allen. 

If you'll recall the Heat got plenty of great outside shooting against us and OKC without Ray Allen last year. 

Read it again. 

The main difference between this year's Heat team and last year's is NOT Ray Allen. 

What is it then? 

It's that Wade is healthy. If Wade stays healthy and Lebron keeps his game amped up the way it is now, we're not beating them. Ray Allen has nothing to do with it. 

"If he's an assasin waiting to deliver the dagger, the Celts should have won Game 7 of the 2010 Finals. have the facts to backup my claims. Ray only had 1 FG for 3 qtrs. in that Game 7. "

[/QUOTE]

No assassin hits every time.  Pierce makes some and misses some.  Same for Durant and LeBron.  The fact that he misses some doesn't take away from the fact that Ray is top 5 or 10 in current players who can and does hit the big shot at the end.

I love our new team and Ithink not only did the Heat get better (no denying it), the C's got better on paper.   The issue is whether or not Terry is going to get it together soon.  Right now, he's not stepping up and he's shooting poorly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Hi Cfan,

I think Terry is just tryiing to find his spot on the team.  He is not playing the minutes he played at Dallas.  Not near the minutes i don't think.  I am sure he will show up.  He is also one of those guys that can and will hit a big shot.  I live close to Dallas and I have seen him do it many times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OneOnOne,

I'm with you.  I hope that Terry gets better.  But, I was at the game last night and I watched the other 2 games.  In my opinion, he had wide open shots that were in rhythm.   He missed.  Those shots were not missed because he didn't know his role.  He is just shooting poorly.  Happens to many shooters (happened to Ray at times), but I'm a little nervous until he turns it around.  In my humble opinion, our point guard, power forward, centers, and small forwards played well enough last night but we got NOTHING from the shooting guards (Lee and Terry).   They missed too many open shots (3's and other).   If they had hit half their wide open jump shots - we win that game hands down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Lee and Terry will get better and both find their rhythm. But (as proven by the stats of last year) one of those guys will not give us more than Ray did, even at his age. When they come around they will make us deeper though (especially considering Ray and Terry are injury prone).

There is a reason why Lee is a borderline journeyman and Terry almost never was a starter. To expect big time rebounds from either of them, big time scoring of Lee or defense close to Rays last playoffs from Terry is a pipe dream.

Same for Green: He will come around but there is only a tiny chance that he will become better than Harden.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read it again. 

What is it then? 

[/QUOTE]

Great post, its not like Ray taking all the mins of James Jones and Mike Miller is going to shoot any better than those 2 did last postseason... I mean look at thier #'s.

Can't leave any of those 4 (Jones, Miller, Lewis, Ray) open for game winning 3's... it may even be better to foul  LeBron, haha.

but I disagree with Fierce's 'if Ray was an assassin in '10/'12' comments. In Ray's defense he was seriously hurt, not even close to 100%, and almost 37 years old. Asking him to carry us in a game 7 is too much. Of course no team should depend on 35-37 year old players to shoot them to wins, which is why the c's reduced his role and are fine moving on w/o him.

2010 was obviously the biggest shame... most is us here know that if Ray was never smashed in the leg on a dirty play by Artest in game 3 that series never gets back to LA. He went 8-11 from 3 in game 2. The cheapshot Lakers told their thug to 'take him out' and Ray goes 0-16 in games 3-5. He was healed enough to play great defense on Kobe and shoot 4-12 on 3's and average 16 points in games 6 and 7... but by then Perk was out and it was the rebounding that killed us not Ray. 

If either of those 2 things didn't happen... Artest messing up ray or Perk blowing out his knee, Boston raises a banner and never had to complain (correctly) that the refs gifted La a late comeback in game 7 with fantasyland no contact pahntom fouls and a parade to the line.