Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky.....

That's the Celtics best option next season.  With a healthy Garnett, Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rondo, the Celtics will still be one of the top 5 starting lineups in the NBA next year.  Green is a solid player off the bench who with a full season as a Celtic should be able to had that 17 ppg he did for the Thunder.    

The key will be adding a competition of youthful talent and veterans who can be role players (defense, rebounding, and scoring.)   

The East will be more stacked next season (Bulls, Magic, Knicks, and the Heat, all have young superstars haven't hit their peak.)  But you never know what happens in the playoffs, injuries, suspensions, teams get cold.   If the Celtics can figure out a way to develop solid scoring bench that can give our old guys a break, the window might be open for more year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky.....

That may be the best way to go, I heard another poster say to trade Rondo and another sub player for a top point like Williams.  That is interesting also, I think we should go one of these routes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I'm not sure teams are that crazy about Rondo.  Think about it, he doesn't have the shooting ability of a guy like Derrick Rose.  In fact teams can leave Rondo open to shoot because of how bad he is.   

Plus Rondo has played with excellent talent, Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen.  If you suddenly take Rondo off that team, will he be as good, considering his limited shooting ability. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pierce should come off the bench as he can create his own shot and play solid D vs. both SG's and SF's. His presence there will solidify a unit that gave up leads and struggled to score.

He will of course finish games, with Green at PF and KG at C. That will be a terrifying offensive unit.

Green as a starter who gets 24 mins at SF and 12 at PF should be an 18-19ppg player. If Rondo can improve his shooting in the way D-Rose did and really have his best season, those two can be excellent together and are 25 years old.

KG and Ray need to just play 24-28 mins a game, have their legs for the playoffs/4th quarters and stay healthy. They just have to be our 4th-5th best players.

DWest will be huge. If he can give 20-24 mins at both guard spots of the type of play we saw towards the end of the Miami series, that can really make us scary.

I trust Jermaine will back as a defensive force in 16-18 mins, his knees heathier than ever. He is only 32-33 years old.

That just leaves a HUGE gap of mins in the middle that I'd rather be filled by one very good starter (Kaman for example) then two average guys in Krstic and Baby.

The 1st rd pick will combine w/ Avery and our two more picks in 2012 to be the backbone of the future. But we have 1 more tun in us yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

draft travis leslie the next superstar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky.....:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure teams are that crazy about Rondo.  Think about it, he doesn't have the shooting ability of a guy like Derrick Rose.  In fact teams can leave Rondo open to shoot because of how bad he is.    Plus Rondo has played with excellent talent, Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen.  If you suddenly take Rondo off that team, will he be as good, considering his limited shooting ability. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]
    Rondo plus Davis and a couple of number 1 picks we have would fetch us a top player , if not keep Rondo and try to keep Davis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Davis at best is a role player.  If he was 2 inches taller, things might be different.  Plus I believe he is a free agent.  

Rondo will be back next season, healthy.  He's tough young star and with Green, Jeremaine O'Neil, Ray Allen, Garnett, and Pierce, he'll continue to play well.     

Let's see how good Danny Ainge really is as a GM this offseason, we need that great group of role players. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky.....:
    [QUOTE]That's the Celtics best option next season.  With a healthy Garnett, Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rondo, the Celtics will still be one of the top 5 starting lineups in the NBA next year.  Green is a solid player off the bench who with a full season as a Celtic should be able to had that 17 ppg he did for the Thunder. The key will be adding a competition of youthful talent and veterans who can be role players (defense, rebounding, and scoring.) The East will be more stacked next season (Bulls, Magic, Knicks, and the Heat, all have young superstars haven't hit their peak.)  But you never know what happens in the playoffs, injuries, suspensions, teams get cold.   If the Celtics can figure out a way to develop solid scoring bench that can give our old guys a break, the window might be open for more year.
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

The last couple of years we've looked great on paper to start the season and tear it up the first half but then we usually run out of gas and 2 out of 3 (above) happen to us by the time the playoffs roll around (including to our young guys like RR & BBD), so if the opportunity presents itself then I would favor more drastic change/trade over keeping the Big 4 together along w/Green and hoping we get lucky.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I don't see the Celtics beating the younger, more athletic teams with KG, PP, RA, Rondo and Green as the core unit. We need to accept the fact that the window for another championship with the current squad has closed. DA will have to be open-minded to player moves that may break up the Big Four. KG's contract, for example, may be attractive to teams looking to dump salary. I'm not advocating trading KG. I'm just saying that DA should act with the same objectives and purpose when he did the Perkins trade. He should be prepared to throw sentimentality outside the window.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

The Best Case Scenerio is to keep the Big 4 and add some young athletic basketball players...

Priority #1 is to convince Ray Allen to stay with the Celtics. I believe the C's should extend Ray Allen's contract for another yr midlevel with an option at the vet minimum......I am afraid someone is going to offer Ray Allen $30M for 3yrs and the C's will regret it as they watch Ray Allen play another 5 yrs. I still can't believe Chicago or the Knicks didn't lure Ray Allen away last season.....the Knicks would be awesome to watch with Amare, Carmelo and Ray Allen...

I think the perfect guy to bring in would be Rodney Stuckey in a sign and trade for Big Baby....and as long as we're on the subject, wouldn't you rather have Rodney Stucky and Charlie Villueneva than Big Baby and Jeff Green ?

just a thought...http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213895/Cavaliers_In_Trade_Talks_With_Timberwolves_Pistons_For_No_2_Pick

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky.....:
    [QUOTE]Against the Celts Dwyane Wade scored 20 points in every game.  Against the Bulls Dwyane Wade only scored 20 points twice in 5 games. Not really that hard to figure out.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean a thing ... enlighten the board how that's relevent ... cause the C's are older and slower ... please. The only reason we failed to slow him/them down was a lack of an inside presence.

almost forget: " I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts."

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : When was the last time a superstar won a championship at the age of 35 or 36?

how's that relevent? You're talking about one superstar and the C's have three!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : That's right, the Celtics have 3 superstars but as far as I know only Michael Jordan and Bill Russell won a championship at age 35. We all know KG, Pierce, and Ray are not Michael Jordans. So it's relevant because other than MJ and Russ it hasn't been done by many NBA superstars. And I'm still trying to find an NBA superstar, playing at least 30 minutes per game, that won a championship at age 36.

find a team that had three superstars Einstein ... you're comparing apples to oranges ... keep at it ... hahaha

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : Barkley, Pippen, and Olajuwon couldn't do it in 1999. Hakeem and Charles were 36 years old at that time. Shaq, Kobe, and Malone couldn't do it in 2004. Malone was 40 years old at that time.

Malone was toast by then and Peyton at pg was a shadow of what he once was ... Olajuwon had knee surgery in 98', a heart ailment & blood clots in his legs (from what I read) and Pippen & Barkley had poor chemistry ... The C's have good chemistry, no health issues compared to these guys and a young PG that's a proven assist leader. All we are lacking is a bonafide center ... that's not to say we aren't old but healthwise much better than these examples. An injection of youth (Green and a PF & C) should help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : Malone was toast by then and Peyton at pg was a shadow of what he once was ... Olajuwon had knee surgery in 98', a heart ailment & blood clots in his legs (from what I read) and Pippen & Barkley had poor chemistry ... The C's have good chemistry, no health issues compared to these guys and a young PG that's a proven assist leader. All we are lacking is a bonafide center ... that's not to say we aren't old but healthwise much better than these examples. An injection of youth (Green and a PF & C) should help.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You realize that you're flip-flopping? 

Didn't you ask Fierce to give an example of 3 superstars not able to win a championship at age 36? So why are you making excuses for Olajuwon and Malone? Is it not a fact that NBA superstars don't win championships at the age of 36?

The Cs have no health issues? After major surgery in 2009 is KG still the same player before he got injured?

So much for Einstein not being able to find 3 superstars that failed to win a championship at age 36, huh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

A Fierce response:

So you think those two examples are equivalent to the C's big three?

You also are saying the C's can't win with are big three?

... this is the jargon that you can expect from Fierce.

I'm done for tonight ... a few hours with Fierce is enough and I'm not gonna haggle with Fierce Jr for a few more hours ... enjoy your new romance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]A Fierce response: So you think those two examples are equivalent to the C's big three? You also are saying the C's can't win with are big three?  ... this is the jargon that you can expect from Fierce. I'm done for tonight ... a few hours with Fierce is enough and I'm not gonna haggle with Fierce Jr for a few more hours ... enjoy your new romance.

The problem with you is you're a weasel!

weasel - shifty, schemeing person that will do whatever they need to to escape whatever they fear in the moment

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]A Fierce response: So you think those two examples are equivalent to the C's big three? You also are saying the C's can't win with are big three?  ... this is the jargon that you can expect from Fierce. I'm done for tonight ... a few hours with Fierce is enough and I'm not gonna haggle with Fierce Jr for a few more hours ... enjoy your new romance.

That's your spin? 

You asked Fierce to give you examples of other Big 3s that failed to win a championship at age 36. Now you're telling us that Fierce will say those two examples are not equivalent to the Cs Big 3? How stupid can you get?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : That's right, the Celtics have 3 superstars but as far as I know only Michael Jordan and Bill Russell won a championship at age 35. We all know KG, Pierce, and Ray are not Michael Jordans. So it's relevant because other than MJ and Russ it hasn't been done by many NBA superstars. And I'm still trying to find an NBA superstar, playing at least 30 minutes per game, that won a championship at age 36.

shaq in '06, Kareem like 3x

Glad you mentioned russell, it used to be just MJ and I'd forgotten to call u on that.

three aged and effective superstars age 34-36 who are the 3rd-5th best players on the team

added to ONE superstar PG and an 18-19ppg 25 year old starter, and a DEEP bench CAN win a title. We have been over this before.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : shaq in '06, Kareem like 3x Glad you mentioned russell, it used to be just MJ and I'd forgotten to call u on that. three aged and effective superstars age 34-36 who are the 3rd-5th best players on the team added to ONE superstar PG and an 18-19ppg 25 year old starter, and a DEEP bench CAN win a title. We have been over this before.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Miami winning in 2006 was because of Dwyane Wade, not Shaq.

Kareem was the only old player on the Lakers back in the 80s. When Magic Johnson was 30 years old Kareem already retired. And Worthy, AC Green, and Byron Scott were younger than Magic Johnson. It was a case of an old man on a young team. 

How can the Celtics win another championship when Rondo and Jeff Green are the only young players on the team that can contribute? 

Samuel Dalembert will lead the Celtics to a championship? Please... 

How can the Celtics have a deep bench next season when they are way over the cap?

The Celtics only have the MLE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep The Big Four Together With Green And Hope We Get Lucky..... : shaq in '06, Kareem like 3x Glad you mentioned russell, it used to be just MJ and I'd forgotten to call u on that. three aged and effective superstars age 34-36 who are the 3rd-5th best players on the team added to ONE superstar PG and an 18-19ppg 25 year old starter, and a DEEP bench CAN win a title. We have been over this before.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Fierce said NBA superstars at the age of 36, not 34. 

MJ and Russ won at age 35. 

Kareem may have won at the age of 36 and above, but at that time, in 1985, Michael Cooper was only 29 years old, Magic 26 years old, Kurt Rambis 27 years old, Byron Scott 24 years old, and James Worthy was only 24 years old. The Lakers had great young players with an old hall of famer at Center. It was more than just a Big 3, it was more like a Fab Five.