Kemba or Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Kemba or Rondo

If we could draft Kemba Walker, would you do it and trade Rondo?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Kemba or Rondo

In Response to Kemba or Rondo:
    [QUOTE] If we could draft Kemba Walker, would you do it and trade Rondo?  
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

If the Big 3 were retiring, I'd consider it dependent upon what we could get for him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

NO.  Rondo will progress and good PG's are difficult to come by.  I'd only trade Rondo for a dominant PF or Center (or proven "game changer").   He's having a bad time right now but I have faith he'll straighten up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Kemba or Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Kemba is NOT a PG..Kemba may become Ben Gordon..talk about stuck in the moment...LOL
    Posted by BBALLIQ[/QUOTE]

Exactly Kemba is not going to be a general for a team, he will just spend a career taking long jumpers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Nobody but golden State would trade an all star for a draft choice.

I love the idea of upgrading our team (including the PG position), while Rondo's value is high.  I really expect a trade after next season to include Rondo, but not for a draft choice, maybe a high draft choice and another quality incoming player.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody but golden State would trade an all star for a draft choice. I love the idea of upgrading our team (including the PG position), while Rondo's value is high.  I really expect a trade after next season to include Rondo, but not for a draft choice, maybe a high draft choice and another quality incoming player.  
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I dont think the question was would we trade Rondo for Walkers draft choice.

It was if we could draft Walker, would we trade Rondo for something else of value.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Kemba or Rondo:
    [QUOTE] If we could draft Kemba Walker, would you do it and trade Rondo?  
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Ummm.....Hell's NO!

What you been smokin' boy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kemba or Rondo : I dont think the question was would we trade Rondo for Walkers draft choice. It was if we could draft Walker, would we trade Rondo for something else of value.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

You are right. I didn't say anything about trading Rondo for Walkers draft rights!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Walker....no question. Rondo is the worst shooting pg I've witness in watching professional basketball. When your point guard shoots a low average in FTs he can't be on the floor in the 4th qtr of tight games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

For the foreseeable future I wouldn't trade Rondo period. He plays well with the big 3. Once the championship run is over and the team is rebuilding, trading Rondo for another young allstar player may be a consideration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

When I see a post like this it's obvious that the fool that put it up doesn't understand the game of basketball. Rondo is a true point guard and leader. He's is the reason we are where we are at, even the Big 3 say that. What an idiot!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

soembody just needs to build a fire under Roooonnnddooo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ryan-MD21. Show Ryan-MD21's posts

Talk about being reactionary.  Rondo's an all-star point guard, easily one of the top five point guards in the NBA, and we're talking about trading him if an unproven college player who has average passing skills and is more of an undersized shooting guard is available in the draft?  How many times do we hear how Rondo makes this team go, yadda, yadda, yadda?  Kemba's doing his thing against college guys.  Rondo's a proven NBA player.  Let's relax a little bit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

No, Rondo is a guy you build around. Never trade a guy like that for an unknown college guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Walker is more of a off guard. He has had a very good year so far. But, you can't compare them. Rondo is a premier point guard in the NBA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Dude can become a bonafide 2.... big question mark but that step back shot he has is nice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

If he is there when we draft, definetly is a option, but our need for a defensive big would be greater.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And if you could get Walker, NO - you still wouldn't trade Rondo.  Different players and there's no guarantee Walker will be anything.  Mario Chalmers won an NCAA championship and got MVP, but he's not a star.  Michael Beasley looked like a world beater in College - now he's just another "good" not great player.  Walker may be ok, but don't get too excited about college plays and start thinking of trading a proven NBA all star in Rondo.