KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game

Kevin Garnett (hip flexor) is doubtful for Wed. vs. DET. Pietrus (knee) also doubtful. Per Doc Rivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game

Link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Hot off the Press...

A. Sherrod Blakely:
    #Celtics D Rivers said KG, MP doubtful vs #Pistons. about 1 hour ago

Gary Washburn: Kevin Garnett (hip flexor) is doubtful for Wed. vs. DET. Pietrus (knee) also doubtful #celtics about 1 hour ago

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Then Wednesday becomes a battle.  This team has not even hit the road yet and they are like the walking wounded.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, everybody good has gone for Detroit, so it should be about even.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

More Wilcox and JJJ ... Sweet!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Bass is out. JON might play...
    Also, Dooling suffered a set back:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4689773/practice-notes-kg-hip-doubtful-vs-detroit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I like this. It's going to require Rondo to come and play like he did Sunday. Too many times the guy starts playing well and then goes into outer space and starts showing up and doing nothing. The more guys that are out will require him to step up.

KG probably needs the rest anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

This is all a excuse by Doc and Danny. If this were the Bulls or Miami, KG would be playing. They're just giving him time off. Same for Pietrus. They should be like Popovich and just say "I'm giving the day off so get over it!".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game:
    [QUOTE]More Wilcox and JJJ ... Sweet!

Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

thats how I see it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

yup, excited to see more of JuJuan Johnson. i feel as if KG should be set every 8 games or so anyways..especially against teams like Detroit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]This is all a excuse by Doc and Danny. If this were the Bulls or Miami, KG would be playing. They're just giving him time off. Same for Pietrus. They should be like Popovich and just say "I'm giving the day off so get over it!".
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure about that.  I have noticed KG grimacing some lately.  He has had some sort of leg issues.  Not sure what they are.  Pietrus I don't anything.  We have been snakebitten with injuries for 3 years now and its not always the older guys.  They might as well cut dooling and develop AB and Moore. I don't mind JJ getting 33 minutes.  The more he plays the better he will get.  Sad part about it if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't have gotten off the pine yet.  Moore practically won the Orlando game for us and he has barely seen the floor since.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : I am not so sure about that.  I have noticed KG grimacing some lately.  He has had some sort of leg issues.  Not sure what they are.  Pietrus I don't anything.  We have been snakebitten with injuries for 3 years now and its not always the older guys.  They might as well cut dooling and develop AB and Moore. I don't mind JJ getting 33 minutes.  The more he plays the better he will get.  Sad part about it if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't have gotten off the pine yet.  Moore practically won the Orlando game for us and he has barely seen the floor since.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

So ask yourself.....have Moore and JJJ looked better over time?  If they have, is there a reason why?  Maybe its because they've been brought along to learn the offense, learn how to play in certain situations, and developed to be better and better players.....especially in a season where they had no real preseason nor any summer league.   I like their development, personally, and I think its coming along nicely.  Players don't teach themselves what to do in games, where to be to be open, and where to rotate on defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : I am not so sure about that.  I have noticed KG grimacing some lately.  He has had some sort of leg issues.  Not sure what they are.  Pietrus I don't anything.  We have been snakebitten with injuries for 3 years now and its not always the older guys.  They might as well cut dooling and develop AB and Moore. I don't mind JJ getting 33 minutes.  The more he plays the better he will get.  Sad part about it if it wasn't for injuries he wouldn't have gotten off the pine yet.  Moore practically won the Orlando game for us and he has barely seen the floor since.

Oh yea, Garnett has looked in pain lately. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Don't know the real truth OneOnOne....we don't always get the straight scoop.....but this is what I read:

"Garnett did not practice today in Waltham and coach Doc RIvers was told by head trainer Ed Lacerte that the power forward needed a couple of days off.
     "

"We'll find out tomorrow but it's really nothing bad with Kevin," Rivers said. "But Eddie really suggested two days off and then he said today maybe three days off."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : So ask yourself.....have Moore and JJJ looked better over time?  If they have, is there a reason why?  Maybe its because they've been brought along to learn the offense, learn how to play in certain situations, and developed to be better and better players.....especially in a season where they had no real preseason nor any summer league.   I like their development, personally, and I think its coming along nicely.  Players don't teach themselves what to do in games, where to be to be open, and where to rotate on defense.

I get your point and would go along with it if we were Miami or Chicago, but with our team I think we need to push the issue.  You do agree that they would progress faster with more playing time, correct?   May cost us a game or some games but by the end of the season they could make a huge difference.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know the real truth OneOnOne....we don't always get the straight scoop.....but this is what I read: " Garnett did not practice today in Waltham and coach Doc RIvers was told by head trainer Ed Lacerte that the power forward needed a couple of days off.  " "We'll find out tomorrow but it's really nothing bad with Kevin," Rivers said. "But Eddie really suggested two days off and then he said today maybe three days off."

Maybe it a few days like when he was out the who second half of the season.  Can't never tell about what we hear from the brass can we?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, I agree they would progress faster with more playing time - absolutely.  But, that has to be balanced with the need to win games (remember, we started off NOT even in a playoff position for weeks).  We needed to get back into the top 8.  Now, we need to get home court for the first round.  We can teach them, but if we are facing Miami or Chicago first round - all the teaching in the world is not going to have JJJ and Moore beating Rose, Wade, or Lebron. 

We're going to have enough losses as it is so we can't afford too many teaching losses.  I think we teach when injuries occur, when we are blowing someone out, and when we face weaker teams.

Winning is important for this team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : Maybe it a few days like when he was out the who second half of the season.  Can't never tell about what we hear from the brass can we?

Possibly, yes.  Of possibly, he's back for the Chicago game and we find its just like last year when everyone thought he'd be out a long period and it was 2 weeks like Doc said.

We'll find out in a couple of days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, I agree they would progress faster with more playing time - absolutely.  But, that has to be balanced with the need to win games (remember, we started off NOT even in a playoff position for weeks).  We needed to get back into the top 8.  Now, we need to get home court for the first round.  We can teach them, but if we are facing Miami or Chicago first round - all the teaching in the world is not going to have JJJ and Moore beating Rose, Wade, or Lebron.  We're going to have enough losses as it is so we can't afford too many teaching losses.  I think we teach when injuries occur, when we are blowing someone out, and when we face weaker teams. Winning is important for this team.

Do we have someone else on the team that is going to beat those guys either?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good point....smile! But, my real point was we don't want those guys in the first round. If we win more games we can have home court in the first round and may have to play only one of them to get to the finals......even though that's unlikely. But, you have to start with home court advantage in the first round to improve your chances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : Maybe it a few days like when he was out the who second half of the season.  Can't never tell about what we hear from the brass can we?

OnOneOne,
    They say KG is probable for tonight.  See Headline in the Boston.Com site:

However, I wish they'd hold him out.  Let the rook play and let KG rest for tomorrow's Bull game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : OnOneOne, They say KG is probable for tonight.  See Headline in the Boston.Com site: Garnett probable for tonight vs. Pistons However, I wish they'd hold him out.  Let the rook play and let KG rest for tomorrow's Bull game.

Exactly... as if beating a Bulls team without Rose is meaningful.......  they barely beat the Bulls without Rose...  the coffee is done... wake up and smell it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : Exactly... as if beating a Bulls team without Rose is meaningful.......  they barely beat the Bulls without Rose...  the coffee is done... wake up and smell it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Don't you have anything better to do but post on another team's board?   Why not spend your time on the Board of whatever team you really like?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG and Pietrus are doubtful for Wednesday's game : So ask yourself.....have Moore and JJJ looked better over time?  If they have, is there a reason why?  Maybe its because they've been brought along to learn the offense, learn how to play in certain situations, and developed to be better and better players.....especially in a season where they had no real preseason nor any summer league.   I like their development, personally, and I think its coming along nicely.  Players don't teach themselves what to do in games, where to be to be open, and where to rotate on defense.

No,no..doc would never play these young guys on his own. He does'nt know that he has talent on the bench. Danny never told him he drafted these guys. Doc yells at these rookies so they will mess up and then he can sit them down again. Purposely sabotages their development and confidence. Probably moves the baskets in practice every time they shoot...
    If we had Lin on our team, he would be the towel boy.(and the world is flat).
    That's all Doc really knows...LOL