KG hints at retirement

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: KG hints at retirement

I think he was hinting at not ever accepting another invitation to All-Star weekend again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Does make you wonder if he's hanging em up after this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonsy12. Show jonsy12's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Don't think I'm crazy but as it was when Ray Alllen was traded to us we knew KG was coming,it was automatic, that's why we sighned him, RA. Josh S will join us next year as unrestricted FA to be with his bud Rondo and that in turn get's us Dwight my friends (friends with Josh S) ; along with Jeff G and a healthy Sully. Darn, doesn't that sound awesome! KG retires opening up cap room and stays on with the team in some capacity. Dare to dream Y'all. 1st response, long time C's fan and love reading the comments here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

jonsy, even if KG retires his cap number is still on the books for 2 more years. Dwight Howard coming here to Boston I think not. josh Smith maybe buddies with rondo but Josh Smith is a terrible shooter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

If KG indeed does leave, Id love to see Smith come. He couldn't replace Garnett's heart. But he could replace his shot blocking and rebounding. Smith could be a STUD with him and Green running with Rondo. Talk about an athletic team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You know that a team of Rondo, Bradley, Smith, Green and Sully would ABSOLUTELY mean Rondo takes on the role of clutch shooter at the end of the game.

Now, THAT is SCAREY!

(*disclaimer* I dont mean to hate on Rondo, who knows, maybe he learns from Pierce and truely polishes off his 3pt shot when he returns)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Bradley and green are better long-range shooters than rondo at this point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to jonsy12's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

Don't think I'm crazy but as it was when Ray Alllen was traded to us we knew KG was coming,it was automatic, that's why we sighned him, RA. Josh S will join us next year as unrestricted FA to be with his bud Rondo and that in turn get's us Dwight my friends (friends with Josh S) ; along with Jeff G and a healthy Sully. Darn, doesn't that sound awesome! KG retires opening up cap room and stays on with the team in some capacity. Dare to dream Y'all. 1st response, long time C's fan and love reading the comments here.

DH is NOT a championship center and is not coming here in any event, and we don't want him.  How much more evidence do you need? You're sounding like those deluded Lakers fans last summer. :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonsy12. Show jonsy12's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

jonsy, even if KG retires his cap number is still on the books for 2 more years. Dwight Howard coming here to Boston I think not. josh Smith maybe buddies with rondo but Josh Smith is a terrible shooter.

Don't start bringing facts into this! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to jonsy12's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Don't start bringing facts into this! 

SB Nation:

If KG were to formally retire before July 1, his entire salary would come off the books. Things get a bit murkier if KG doesn't formally retire and instead requests a buyout, or if he delays his retirement and gets paid some portion of his contract in the interim. For purposes of this article, though, we'll assume he formally retires around draft time. (Note: If KG were to do so, he wouldn't be allowed to change his mind and come back next season unless all 30 teams agreed).

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

sorry guys, i think it would be good for us. I love KG, LOVE KG, but his retirement would free up valuable salary we could use to get good players. We are fortunate enough to be in a position to not be looking at failure for the next 15 years if we handle the roster correctly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am starting to think this may be KG's last season. KG's statement "you don't know what I know" leaves the impression this may be a done deal. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I am starting to think this may be KG's last season. KG's statement "you don't know what I know" leaves the impression this may be a done deal. 

Definitely agree with all that KG may indeed retire.  He is getting older and has played a long-time in the NBA since he was drafted out of high school.  I wouldn't be surprised at all he decides to retire.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think a lot depends on how this season pans out and what next season looks like.  If he thinks we have a good team next year I can see him coming back.  What I don't think he will do is attend another All Star game.  I don't think it is important to him anymore.  I think he even said that he didn't deserve to be there this year but the fans wanted him. 

We basically need for KG and PP not to be the difference whether we are good or not, but be the difference that gets us over the top.  In other word they need to not be counted on each game for wins.  Younger guys like Green, Rondo, Bradley, Lee , and Sully have to take that.  

I hope this isn't the last season. For 25 minutes a game off the bench he would be the sixth man of the year.  Pierce isn't much behind him either.  Until someone shows they need to come off the bench we have what we have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"Rondo, Bradley, Smith, Green and Sully"

Vertically challenged group with no center.  No team runs on every play, and many other teams have rather large guys in the middle.  Do people know how tall Smith is(n't)?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:

If KG indeed does leave, Id love to see Smith come. He couldn't replace Garnett's heart. But he could replace his shot blocking and rebounding. Smith could be a STUD with him and Green running with Rondo. Talk about an athletic team.

Yeah, unfortunately we could become just like the Hawks not the Celtics.  Josh Smith and Rondo are not my dream team by any means.  Consider the culture and how it will change from Pierce and Garnett to Rondo and Smith. Keep in mind the team was a disaster with Rondo leading the team this year.  I am not a Rondo hater. I just know Rondo follows KG and not the other way around.