KG Hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: KG Hurt?

In Response to Re: KG Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Players apparently saying KGs injury not as bad as it looks. Got this off a Celtics Blog
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Here it is:

Twitter
    SeanGrandePBP: 
    Halftime act at the Palace is "Quick Change". Perfect metaphor. No fracture, MRI Thu for KG. Players indicating its not as bad as it looked. [via Twitter]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

They said it's not a knee but lower leg...how long for a severed calf muscle

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

anyone still ticked about my sheeeed thread now? where we to assume big 3 would all play 82 games this year? bernard king's knee got shattered going up for a dunk. he was out for 2 years but he wasnt walking off on his own power. time for some optimistic realism. we can win without kg. wont be easy but it is possible. baby and wallace at pf can help us esp if paul and ray step up their game. did you think pats would win without faulk and moss? time for the next guy to step up! over my buttttt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

we're gonna pull together and win this game. Tommy is right, seen it a million times

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

According to CSNNE it is not a knee injury but a lower leg?

If it is a tibia injury it could be a stress fracture (which are not detectable with an X-Ray) and which require 8 weeks to heal.

I hate this...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

what are you talking about baby and sheed holding down the fort when sheed isnt even on this team? please stop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

anything but season is great news

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I hope it is just a strain or something not serious and he can be back in a few games or weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Lets just wait for the MRI report and stop jumping to conclusions or panicking.

Hopefully KG is alright.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Soft tissue (muscle, tendon, maybe ligament) won't show on x-ray.  X-rays are primarily used for bone.
    MRI's are diagnostic tool for soft tissue injuries.  That and the usual assessment ortho's use (range of motion, where does it hurt, how much weight can you put on it). 
    Tomorrow or 48 hrs at latest we should have a definitive answer as to what happenned.
    If KG's out, season's over.  Sheed and any trade is not going to make a difference.  Don't kid yourself.  KG's the tip of the spear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

waynestarr dont act like ur not panicking, otherwise you wouldnt be on here checking out updates..this isnt semih erden going out with an injury..this is potentially our season and chance at number 18. excuse us for showing concern.

sorry, im a little giddy bc im DEF nervous..this is big. but ur rite, hopefully hes alright.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]waynestarr dont act like ur not panicking, otherwise you wouldnt be on here checking out updates..this isnt semih erden going out with an injury..this is potentially our season and chance at number 18. excuse us for showing concern. sorry, im a little giddy bc im DEF nervous..this is big. but ur rite, hopefully hes alright.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

Just trying to stay positive! I'm hoping it's just a knee sprain, the same injury Nowitzki got the other night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE] Suddenly this season looks like another struggle to get to the playoffs and the best record just went out the window.  Doc was worried about this and you wonder why KG is not resting in a back to back in Detroit.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

This was exactly what I've been telling you C's fans who were mocking me. I certainly hope this is nothing more than a simple strain, but it doesn't look good.

All of you were "giddy with delight" with your team's record and the Lakers struggles...and I kept saying this is only December. That the season and injuries would take their toll on ALL of our our teams. Several of us have pointed out the C's age as a factor and it's beginning to catch up. Now your back-ups will be forced to play more minutes as well and that will ALSO take a toll. It looks like Doc is going to have to start managing the team to try to get them healthy again...just like last year. But, to his credit, he did an excellent job last year. That's why I'm not counting your team out.

As a Laker fan, I hope Bynum stays healthy cause that would make a 3peat pretty tough. I feel bad for KG if this is the same injury as 2 years ago. I hope it's not and that the C's remain in the title chase.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Just saw the video on Celtics blog.
    http://www.celticsblog.com/
    Funny, there was no contact.  His leg seemed slightly twisted when he jumped up for the dunk (injury was on the way up).
    Muscle, tendon, ligament, pick your poison.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]im no medical expert, but dont xray's mainly show bone structure? i fear this is a tendon and i dont think that shows up in an xray. i could be totally wrong
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

That's right. That's why they'll do an MRI which "peels" back the layers and allows a view of the muscle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]Just saw the video on Celtics blog. http://www.celticsblog.com/ Funny, there was no contact.  His leg seemed slightly twisted when he jumped up for the dunk (injury was on the way up). Muscle, tendon, ligament, pick your poison.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Just looked at your video, he was limping like he did when he injured his knee against the Jazz the other year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It does not look good simply because it looked like a rerun of Utah.  The idea that it is the lower leg seems like outright lying.  We may have to make it work with the 2009 KG not the 2010 version.  Remember we should have won anyway last year.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

OK guys, I think I have somemore good news.  If you go to espn, there is a picture of KG as he is going up for a dunk, and it appears he might have only tweak his knee just a little, as it appears he slid, or slide a little to much at an awkward angle, so it appears the injury is not the same as years past. 

I have my fingers cross that the MRI will show that he is fine.   I am feeling much better now as reports are coming in, and this pictures shows that it is definitely not the injurey from before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

How many different ways can a person limp?  A limp is pretty much a limp.

No sense in speculation

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like playing the guessing game but here goes... Since he could walk and since the X-Ray was negative -- /> MCL Sprain/Tear (Jerod Mayo Injury last season). Out 4 weeks. ACL Tear = No weight bearing/walking so that can't be it.
    Posted by toocool9090[/QUOTE]

You might as well guess, everyone else is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to KG Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]Wow.... Let's hope it's a Paul Pierce in the Finals moment or the season is over.
    Posted by toocool9090[/QUOTE]

What was the original injury which occurred in Oakland? or Utah? with the alley-oop? Don't tell me it was "bone spurs" because the original injury occurred on a specific play. One play. Garnett was doing fine and then his leg went..........that ain't "bone spurs." Bone spurs develop over time and become more and more debilitating over time. Bone spurs. Right. That first injury is still the most mysterious injury in the history of sports. I would say it was a ligament of some kind. Had to be. If it was just a meniscus then you get it scoped, zing-zang, and you're back in business again..............Who are these idiots who say, "he was walking pretty good" including the game announcer who was doing it with Donny Marshall {you notice Donny Marshall  wasn't saying "he was walkiing pretty well."} He wasn't walking well. "A little limp." Right. "A little limp." He was holding on to the trainer with his right arm and after he got out of the sight of the crowd coming off the court he doubled over in pain. You know guys {I've had 4 knee operations including interior cruciate ligament, anterior cruciate, etc} you don't have to be writhing on the floor in pain and get carried off on a stretcher for it to be a serious knee injury. He "tweaked" his knee. I guess he did "tweak" his knee. Now let me see. Same knee as before. Same type of situation i.e. an alley oop and a pick and roll dunk. Same type of response from Garnett...........immediate pain, grabbing of knee. Not good fella's. Not good.
    The comment from Bias/Lewis about this being a way to "spur on" JON, etc. was the dumbest comment I've ever read on a message board. Incredible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Like I said, battling "the cancer" is not easy. KG lost this round.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG Hurt? : This was exactly what I've been telling you C's fans who were mocking me. I certainly hope this is nothing more than a simple strain, but it doesn't look good. All of you were "giddy with delight" with your team's record and the Lakers struggles...and I kept saying this is only December. That the season and injuries would take their toll on ALL of our our teams. Several of us have pointed out the C's age as a factor and it's beginning to catch up. Now your back-ups will be forced to play more minutes as well and that will ALSO take a toll. It looks like Doc is going to have to start managing the team to try to get them healthy again...just like last year. But, to his credit, he did an excellent job last year. That's why I'm not counting your team out. As a Laker fan, I hope Bynum stays healthy cause that would make a 3peat pretty tough. I feel bad for KG if this is the same injury as 2 years ago. I hope it's not and that the C's remain in the title chase.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

Where were you the past 24 hours?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KG Hurt? : The comment from Bias/Lewis about this being a way to "spur on" JON, etc. was the dumbest comment I've ever read on a message board. Incredible.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

Why are you surprised? He's the same guy that said the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore again.

Dumb is kinda synonymous to...

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KG Hurt? :                         What was the original injury which occurred in Oakland? or Utah? with the alley-oop? Don't tell me it was "bone spurs" because the original injury occurred on a specific play. One play. Garnett was doing fine and then his leg went..........that ain't "bone spurs." Bone spurs develop over time and become more and more debilitating over time. Bone spurs. Right. That first injury is still the most mysterious injury in the history of sports. I would say it was a ligament of some kind. Had to be. If it was just a meniscus then you get it scoped, zing-zang, and you're back in business again..............Who are these idiots who say, "he was walking pretty good" including the game announcer who was doing it with Donny Marshall {you notice Donny Marshall  wasn't saying "he was walkiing pretty well."} He wasn't walking well. "A little limp." Right. "A little limp." He was holding on to the trainer with his right arm and after he got out of the sight of the crowd coming off the court he doubled over in pain. You know guys {I've had 4 knee operations including interior cruciate ligament, anterior cruciate, etc} you don't have to be writhing on the floor in pain and get carried off on a stretcher for it to be a serious knee injury. He "tweaked" his knee. I guess he did "tweak" his knee. Now let me see. Same knee as before. Same type of situation i.e. an alley oop and a pick and roll dunk. Same type of response from Garnett...........immediate pain, grabbing of knee. Not good fella's. Not good. The comment from Bias/Lewis about this being a way to "spur on" JON, etc. was the dumbest comment I've ever read on a message board. Incredible.
    Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

Are you a Dr??

Get off the bridge man it's probably not that bad. He'll be out but I'll stay positive and not overreat to how he reacted.

Bottom line is guys will have to step up. Shaq and JON vacation is over!!