KG Hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: KG Hurt?

In Response to Re: KG Hurt?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG Hurt? : Are you a Dr?? Get off the bridge man it's probably not that bad. He'll be out but I'll stay positive and not overreat to how he reacted. Bottom line is guys will have to step up. Shaq and JON vacation is over!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That's better than saying JO is done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

They are now saying muscle thing?

This is just weird. I have never heard of anyone pulling the muscle in front of the tibia (called the tibialis). The calf yes... but he was definetly holding the front of his leg.

And I would agree, the way they handled his first injury was very strange. They have been truthful with all other injuries (Rondo this season, Perk during the Finals even!) except for KG.

Muscle thing is good though = much quicker recovery than stress fracture or MCL injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

I pray KG is not seriously injured, he is and always be my
    favorite player, his intesity, his efforts, his skills...the C's
    need KG, hope he is alright.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Why is there a Laker fan on this thread right now..... go concern yourself with your team.... Hope KG will be ok.. praying for the best !! S~cks that MIA wil become best in the east with all these injuries Cry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG Hurt? : Why are you surprised? He's the same guy that said the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore again. Dumb is kinda synonymous to... HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

any of you "sky is falling" / prophets / crackpot doctors read this?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

they're claiming it's a "hurt calf" from the landing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc quoted as saying doesnt think KGs injury is serious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]any of you "sky is falling" / prophets / crackpot doctors read this? http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/ they're claiming it's a "hurt calf" from the landing
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

That calf will turn into a cow if KG will not be able to play any time soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Did anyone else hear the punk that said "That is what you get for making fun of cancer patients".
    Scum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One thing is for sure... we cant rely upon what the Celtics tell us, not if history tells us anything.  SO when KG is back on the court playing like KG... thats when ill feel better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]any of you "sky is falling" / prophets / crackpot doctors read this? http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/ they're claiming it's a "hurt calf" from the landing

Hopefully that's the prognosis. It could've been a severe muscle cramp. I've had those before, could barely walk.

LOL @ "crackpot doctors"

HAHA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and, i just found this bit of IDIOCY that shak committed yesterday.  he folded up garnett to the floor like a cheap umbrella in the locker room.  how stupid.

you'd have to wonder if being accordioned to the ground by a 350 pounder the day before this in game injury........ events linked?

they should just keep a dart gun in the L/R for when shak starts to go jakasse and just hit him with a tranquilizer before he kills anyone else

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Shaq-gets-hit-with-a-big-fine-cries-why;_ylt=ArgrQUBTlgisOOB49e0sQ5G8vLYF?urn=nba-301493

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I've been thinking about what happened tonight and the last injury KG had.  One good thing.  When the Doc's went in to surgically repair the ligament or tendon (forget which one it was), they found a bone spur the size of a walnut that had built up over the years.  That spur was in some respects, the cause of the injury, as it had been rubbing against and weakening the tendon or ligament.
    The doc's cleaned out that knee at that time.
    KG's had what, 18 months or so of rehab now.
    There was nothing freakishly awkward about his jumping up to dunk.
    My best guess is a muscle strain of some sort. Maybe calf muscle. Part of the calf muscle attaches to the backside of the femur, which would be felt in the back of the knee
    Probably 2 wks downtime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]and, i just found this bit of IDIOCY that shak committed yesterday.  he folded up garnett to the floor like a cheap umbrella in the locker room.  how stupid. you'd have to wonder if being accordioned to the ground by a 350 pounder the day before this in game injury........ events linked? they should just keep a dart gun in the L/R for when shak starts to go jakasse and just hit him with a tranquilizer before he kills anyone else http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Shaq-gets-hit-with-a-big-fine-cries-why;_ylt=ArgrQUBTlgisOOB49e0sQ5G8vLYF?urn=nba-301493

Hmmm, reminds me of when Baby injured his hand while fighting a "friend"...stupid

200+ pound basketball players shouldn't be horsing around. Leave that to the football players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

ESPNForsberg RT @SeanGrandePBP: On the bus. KG is here. To repeat our postgame: not the knee & not a fracture, but calf and muscular. Don't panic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

On the post game show, it was reported that the problem was on the front  outside muscle below the knee.

Doc also said that after talking to the trainer, that  it was muscular, so he was not too worried.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]ESPNForsberg  RT @ SeanGrandePBP : On the bus. KG is here. To repeat our postgame: not the knee & not a fracture, but calf and muscular. Don't panic.
    Posted by Jamez+Hill[/QUOTE]

Thats fine and dandy, but I want something from Eddie L. or a doctor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LOL! Guys I'm telling you do not hold your breathe with getting updates on KG. Doc is going to play poker face with this for as long as he can. A muscle in front of his knee. LOL!

No one will see KG, no one will see if the knee swells. You will have a better chance getting into Fort Knox before you get info on this injury.

a few games will turn into a few weeks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]OMG!!!!!   Detroit announcers just said KG just got injured as punishment from God for what he said about Villanueva.   That's really unprofessional and downright wrong.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

(shakes head) That's purely awful from the Detroit announcers.

Hope he's not out long for your teams sake. No KG and No Rondo. Not good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i have had a calf tense up so bad it dropped me like a fly too. it lasted for a whole (what seemed like 30 seconds) but i am sure more like ten. if that was it, idk. still didn't look good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

The trainer goes to Doc and tells him "We are totally screwed, he blew out his knee"... Doc comes out and tells us "He said that he was dehydrated. KG will be back by the end of the week". Something like that?

[QUOTE]LOL! Guys I'm telling you do not hold your breathe with getting updates on KG. Doc is going to play poker face with this for as long as he can. A muscle in front of his knee. LOL! No one will see KG, no one will see if the knee swells. You will have a better chance getting into Fort Knox before you get info on this injury. a few games will turn into a few weeks.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KG Hurt? : Just trying to stay positive! I'm hoping it's just a knee sprain, the same injury Nowitzki got the other night.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  I am trying to remain optimistic and hope that KG doesn't miss many games.   With Perk out and Jon's constant struggles this season, we really don't need any additional injuries.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont trust anything the Celtics say about KGs injury. Theyve been too FOS in the past.

Hate to say this but remember when KG was seriously injured last time.  Doc was setting dates when he could return.. then it turned into KG will be back for the playoffs... Well it was all BS.. it was the team trying to keep the other players optimistic of KGs return so they'd keep fighting and not throw in the towel.

Its sad but the C's have a horrible record and most of their injured players come back too soon and get reinjured or we get BS'd into believing things arent as serious as they really are.

Hate to have this opinion cause it would wreck our season if KG it hurt more seriously than we're being led to believe....but the Celts history makes me feel this way.

Also, Eddie L & the Celt doctor... these guys must stink at what they do. How many times have they put our guys back on the court prematurely only to worsen the existing injury? ..or not even sit our injured guy (rondo perfect example with ankle & hammy) and let them play and have things get worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I dont trust anything the Celtics say about KGs injury. Theyve been too FOS in the past. Hate to say this but remember when KG was seriously injured last time.  Doc was setting dates when he could return.. then it turned into KG will be back for the playoffs... Well it was all BS.. it was the team trying to keep the other players optimistic of KGs return so they'd keep fighting and not throw in the towel. 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Correction, it was the team selling off all the playoff tickets before finally announcing what it already knew, KG was done the moment he got hurt.  This time we should wait for the doctors but it doesn't look good...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I love the optimism, but this is more than just a cramped calf.  But until we hear word about it from the doctor's mouth, I'm not buying that it's terrible, either. 
    Great that the Xrays were negative, but the MRI is going to be a lot more telling.

The injury sure didn't look good.  It looked really similar to his injury two years ago, in terms of both the actual play as well as KG's reaction to it.  He was literally fighting back tears on the bench before being taken away.

Worst case scenario for Boston is he's done for at least the season.  Best case is a cramp.  There's a really big world that exists within those parameters.  Until the MRI comes back we get to live in that world.  Hope KG is okay and already on the mend.