KG is A Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: KG is A Center

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can agree with that.  The only other way it turns around is Wilcox starts getting a lot more minutes and Sully learns on the fly with huge minutes.  Not sure if that works either but something definitely has to change.

[/QUOTE]

Sully and Wilcox are just role players. The Celts need more.

More like any of these:

Gortat

Millsap

Al Jefferson

Al Horford

Josh Smith

Amare

Any of the above would give the Celts an inside presence and more rebounds.

[/QUOTE]

I understand what they are,  but if we can't trade we have to adjust.  I think Horford would be the best of that lot unless someone could harness Josh and get him to play right. Jefferson doesn't play much D.  Amare never has.  Thats why NY is playing well now, and last year as well.  Gortat would help.  Millsap would help but not the answer.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I understand what they are,  but if we can't trade we have to adjust.  I think Horford would be the best of that lot unless someone could harness Josh and get him to play right. Jefferson doesn't play much D.  Amare never has.  Thats why NY is playing well now, and last year as well.  Gortat would help.  Millsap would help but not the answer.

[/QUOTE]

Millsap would help because he can play SF. He's a power SF.

Amare doesn't play D but Bass also didn't play D when he first came to Boston.

Sacrifing a little D for offense and rebounding is worth it. I mean when the playoffs come, KG will get more minutes. So Amare and KG is not a bad tandem. The Celts already tried to trade for Amare once before.

Right now I want Gortat or Horford.

[/QUOTE]

Gortat will come much cheaper with a lower salary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

KG is obviously a center out of necessity. he doesn't have the body to bang. He weighs what, 220-230 for a 7 footer? That's practically beanstalk material. He is and was a great finesse player who can't box out anybody.