KG is all about the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: KG is all about the money

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to scash2013's comment:

Couldn't agree more. The guy isn't out the door for more than an hour and "fans" get  their panties in a bunch that he left them.

Hate to break this to you, but the Celtics will be a mess in 2013. Potentially the worst team in the league. The Nets have a chance to be a contender. This had little to do with money.

You wonder why there is no loyalty in sports?? This is one of the reasons. Players aren't stupid. Well, most of them. They all know the score. Fans aren't rooting for the player, they are rooting for the team. The second you leave they will turn on you.

Many players, off the record, can't stand the fans or the media. Thanks for reminding us why.

Exactly what Celtic fans want so that the Celtics will have a shot at Wiggins.

The last time the Celts had the #1 pick of the draft was in 1950.

The Celts are due to end up with a #1 pick, so maybe 2014 will be the year the Celts will be picking #1.

That would be great.  Even if they end up with one of the top 5 picks in next years draft we could end up with a very good/franchise player.  Next years draft is suppose to be very deep and much better than this years draft.  Cleveland was very lucky to end up with the #1 pick again this year.  Although, I was very surprised by their pick.  I don't believe they made a very good choice.  I would imagine that some teams have never had the # 1 pick.  It is definitely a matter of being lucky. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

As many have said, The fungus continues to spread.

It makes sense that the highest paid player in the NBA takes a cut in pay to stay with the Celtics and get a no trade clause to stay.

KG knows Danny, and knows his wish to rebuid, instead of riding off into the sunset with KG, and Pierce. He can't trade the pariah, Rondo, for value, due to injury and probably attitude. I am sure more will come out after the trade, but at least he gets to go with his good friend Paul Pierce.

There is no more loyal player than KG, but when the loyalty does not go both ways, it is time to change flags. Red is turning in his grave.

It is too bad that we could not trade Danny and Rondo.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

Leave it to the FUNGUS to talk trash about everyone... what a loser..  Truth is he made this thread to get attention but as the replies show, many think hes an idiot.

Fungus is too ignorant to understand the Celtics didnt have to agree to the contract with KG... but they felt KG was worth it... So nitwit, are you saying KG should give his money back to help the team rebuild? lol 

My goodness, youre willing to make a complete fool of yourself bashing KG and blaming him for the teams problems all for the sake of getting attention and posts on your thread..  idiot

The problem with you is when someone tells the truth you call him an idiot.

It's true that the Celts were not able to get a quality player because guys like KG always wanted more money.

Here:

Franchise player (1997–2001)

During the 1997–98 NBA season, the Minnesota Timberwolves and Garnett agreed on a six-year contract extension that was worth an unparalleled $126 million.[7] The contract was a risky move and many pundits[who?] speculated that the deal would make it impossible for the Wolves to sign new players or even keep their own. The enormous size of Garnett's contract was considered, by numerous sports writers, a major cause of labor tensions between players and owners that led to a lockout which shortened the 1998–99 NBA season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Garnett

Kevin Garnett signed a three year contract extension for $60 million with the Boston Celtics the very day the trade was made public.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/kevin-garnett-net-worth/

[/QUOTE]

The reason KG got more money is because ownership thought he was worth more money...thats why its called an AGREEMENT....both sides agreed...  if KG was a lesser player, he'd have gotten less money... You post like KG dictated an honerous deal to his benefit and forced the C's at gunpoint to sign it..

My goodness its hard to educate the stupid

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

You're wrong, partly.  Any and every player wants to maximize his financial opportunities (remember though, Pierce took less to win with KG and RA), but I think Garnett is more about familiarity and comfort level.  He's an emotional guy and given the  choice, he would have gone to the Clips w/Doc or another destination w/PP.  He wouldn't have stayed in Boston had Pierce been traded; he would have retired.  In Minnesota, the T-wolves ran through players like bottles of water, so there wasn't much continuity.  He hesitated about Boston at first due to loyalty to team management but acceded to the trade when he was recruited by two guys he knew, PP and RA.  This latest move is about giving himself a chance to win and to continue to play with Paul Pierce.  There is no way they would have gone to separate teams, in his mind.  So, no, it isn't about the money, not really.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

I don't get some of the hate for Garnett.

He made the Celtics a relevant team again, a team that was a legitimate chance of winning a championship. Seriously he was the Celtics during his stay.

Certainly a sad way to see him leave.

Pierce. Oh man. Sort of wish he retired after the season. Really ought to have gone out as a Boston Celtic. Statistically one of the teams all time greats.  

I hope that Boston gives both of them a thunderous reception when they return to play against the Celtics. Pierce playing against the Celtics. Again, it's just so wrong. Unbelievable. Knew it was a possiblity, but still unbelievable at the same time.

Boston can only hope that this trade turns out in their favour. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Leave it to the FUNGUS to talk trash about everyone... what a loser..  Truth is he made this thread to get attention but as the replies show, many think hes an idiot.

Fungus is too ignorant to understand the Celtics didnt have to agree to the contract with KG... but they felt KG was worth it... So nitwit, are you saying KG should give his money back to help the team rebuild? lol 

My goodness, youre willing to make a complete fool of yourself bashing KG and blaming him for the teams problems all for the sake of getting attention and posts on your thread..  idiot

The problem with you is when someone tells the truth you call him an idiot.

It's true that the Celts were not able to get a quality player because guys like KG always wanted more money.

Here:

Franchise player (1997–2001)

During the 1997–98 NBA season, the Minnesota Timberwolves and Garnett agreed on a six-year contract extension that was worth an unparalleled $126 million.[7] The contract was a risky move and many pundits[who?] speculated that the deal would make it impossible for the Wolves to sign new players or even keep their own. The enormous size of Garnett's contract was considered, by numerous sports writers, a major cause of labor tensions between players and owners that led to a lockout which shortened the 1998–99 NBA season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Garnett

Kevin Garnett signed a three year contract extension for $60 million with the Boston Celtics the very day the trade was made public.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/kevin-garnett-net-worth/

[/QUOTE]

The reason KG got more money is because ownership thought he was worth more money...thats why its called an AGREEMENT....both sides agreed...  if KG was a lesser player, he'd have gotten less money... You post like KG dictated an honerous deal to his benefit and forced the C's at gunpoint to sign it..

My goodness its hard to educate the stupid

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Good point, Karl.  I have no idea where Fierce is coming from this morning.  Maybe he just wants to have a fight or start more controversy.  

KG is a loyal guy and he's not "all about the money".  Just because he wanted something in return for waiving his no trade clause is not excuse to accuse him of being solely focused on money.   Why bash a guy who's given us everything he can and is the heart and soul of how we played while he was here?    I appreciate KG, Paul, Doc, and even Ray.  As they all moved on, let's be thankful for a great era where we were again relevant.   Let's not bash them on the way out.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

So, why should anyone worry about Garnett securing an extra $6 M even though at this stage of his career he does not need the money?

Everyone on this board would have done the same thing if the opportunity presented itself.  I certainly know that I would have.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This is not about wanting to fight or starting controversy.

The reason why KG agreed to waive his no trade clause was if the Nets agreed to make his salary in 2014-15 guaranteed. That's another 12m in the pocket of KG and his agent.

So if the Nets didn't agree to make that 12m for 2015 guaranteed KG would not have waived his no trade clause?

UGH!

OMG did you ever get through the 3rd grade?

KG negotiated for and the Celtics agreed to provide him a no trade provision in their agreement... So KG should be and rightfully wanted to be compensated for waiving his right to stop the trade....

No different from DA having a non-compete in the agreement with Doc...thats how we got that 1st round pick from the CLips you were running all over the forum blabbin about like a chicken with its head chopped off. Maybe you think DA should have just let Doc go for free???

Please pick up a book or get into a good GED program... you seem hopelessly ignorant

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

[QUOTE]

So, why should anyone worry about Garnett securing an extra $6 M even though at this stage of his career he does not need the money?

Everyone on this board would have done the same thing if the opportunity presented itself.  I certainly know that I would have.

The problem is KG has done it every time.

There's nothing wrong with wanting more money.

I'm just pointing out that if it's about money, KG shows no mercy.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Some people here love KG too much.

If KG only asked for 6m per year, instead of 12m per year, the Celts could have used that additional 6m for another player.

[/QUOTE]

IF KG played for free, we'd have an additional 12m for another player... 

Plz tell us more words of wisdom

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Fierce, please stop! KG is one guy who could dictate where he goes and how he goes. He waived it if they guaranteed the $12M and they did. You would be complaining if Ainge guaranteed it we would be mad. It's not the Celtics money.

If you're going to blow it up...blow it all the way up....move Rondo. The Celtics will still be making picks when KG is on the beach. 9 #1s over 5 years and could jump to 11 if Rondo is dumped.

I just want to dump Wallace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Fierce, please stop! KG is one guy who could dictate where he goes and how he goes. He waived it if they guaranteed the $12M and they did. You would be complaining if Ainge guaranteed it we would be mad. It's not the Celtics money.

If you're going to blow it up...blow it all the way up....move Rondo. The Celtics will still be making picks when KG is on the beach. 9 #1s over 5 years and could jump to 11 if Rondo is dumped.

I just want to dump Wallace.

+1,000

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

My only Beef I have with KG is I wish he had waved his no trade & gone to the Clippers last year---he had to know we were not going to win a championship(if he truly did by staying then I apologize KG). And I wanted PP to go with him. They retire in LA LA land & maybe would have got themselves another ring and helped the perenial bridesmaids Clippers get one too and also be the best team in LA, not the Lakers.

And we'd had I think they'd given us Bledsoe, Jordan & Butler. Bledsoe would have helped our PG problem with Rondo out, Jordan, although I don't love him, would have helped our rebounding and Butler who averaged 10 points ( Paul & Griffin were the scorers) but had a lifetime of 15 might have scored 20 with KG & PP gone.

OK, yesterday's newspaper but I would like a columnist or someone to ask KG why he didn't wave his no trade when, beating a dead horse, he'd retire where he has a home & be in an area with better weather, have had a great chance for a ring, finish his career with PP and would have enjoyed beating up on the Lakers too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Fierce is absolutely right about KG. I love KG and he is one of the greatest players of all times. Still, when I heard about the 36/3 contract, I was sad, cause I knew that the run was over. Everyone with a common sense should have known that. KG signed for market money and he had the right to do that, but I hoped that he would have settled for vet minimum to give us another shot. KG and also Ray signing for small money was the only chance to make a last run.

Similiar to Shaq and I'm curious to see if Dirk is going to do the same as the Diesel.

But Fierce was wrong about Ray though, maybe the "traitor" is the good guy in here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to painter's comment:

You're wrong, partly.  Any and every player wants to maximize his financial opportunities (remember though, Pierce took less to win with KG and RA), but I think Garnett is more about familiarity and comfort level.  He's an emotional guy and given the  choice, he would have gone to the Clips w/Doc or another destination w/PP.  He wouldn't have stayed in Boston had Pierce been traded; he would have retired.  In Minnesota, the T-wolves ran through players like bottles of water, so there wasn't much continuity.  He hesitated about Boston at first due to loyalty to team management but acceded to the trade when he was recruited by two guys he knew, PP and RA.  This latest move is about giving himself a chance to win and to continue to play with Paul Pierce.  There is no way they would have gone to separate teams, in his mind.  So, no, it isn't about the money, not really.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

Definitely agree with you.  I also believe that KG would have retired if Pierce was traded and since he was given the opportunity to still remain his teammate  he agreed to waive his no-trade clause. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

After all is said and done, KG with Pierce are in the best situation possible for everyone.

Danny gets what he wants, first round picks; Doc gets what he wants, no Rondo, and KG and Pierce get to chase another title together.

Since KG was the highest paid player in the NBA, and has made more than $300.000,000 without taking endorsements into account, money has not  been the most important thing, for some time. His reduction in pay and no trade clause prove that fact. Circumstances, Danny, Rondo and Doc created the current situation. Pierce and Kg have been put in the best situation possible under the circumstances.

I wish them both success, and I hope they win one more before they are done. I will finally cheer for the Brooklyn Nets. Beat the Heat!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

this is just downright embarrassing.