KG is back!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

KG is back!!

It is nice to see the spring in KG's legs. The annoucers said that having Shaq and Nate around has probably lightened him up some and he does look like a different player. Not a lot of wear and tear on those legs the last two years should extend him.

When is the last time he averaged a double-double??

He's having a great year.I'm sure he's looking forward to facing Gasol. Gasol got the best of him last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: KG is back!!

not trying to curse anything, or overstate anything, but i think kg looks fresher than he did in 2008 so far.  he still needs to be kept to 28-30 a game.  but i'll take his 35 last night to disgrace the heat all day long.

and i don't know about anyone else, bu the kg-davis tandem 4-5 to finish games- i really do not mind if we end up the season like that.  they look really good together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

As Regie Miller has said, KG keeps himself in great shape. His regimen is legendary like Ray Allen. Doc said last year that if stationary biking was an Olympic sport, KG would win the gold metal.

The fact that he plays the four most of the time, requires more wrestling match time on defense down in the paint, than back court players usually expend, so he probably does need more rest.

I also think that KG and Baby can play well together against many teams like the Heat, Atlanta, and even Orlando. The combination does have problems against twin tower teams like the Dallas the Lakers and probably Utah. Against those teams, more length is needed at Center, so KG can play the quicker power forwards. Baby has problems against seven footers like Dirk, and against very quick power forwards, like Jamison, and Rashard Lewis. Baby does do a great job on Dwight Howard. Howard can't move him, and Howard can't shoot for distance.

Doc must have KG focusing more on rebounding this year, even more than in 2008. It is not that he could not rebound, after all, he did lead the NBA in rebounding several times. While in MN, He averaged more than 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists for seven years in a row.

I think I like it best when KG plays with a chip on his shoulder. Last night I think that he was out to dominate Bosh, as in the old days. For the most part, his defense was great with few slips. If he continues to play like he is, I think that Gasol will lose some his luster after they play the Cs.

Until last year's play-offs, Gasol always played second or third fiddle. It would be great to see the Universe back to normal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

K.G has the spring back in his legs. It's great to see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

antwan jamison vs. davis- davis killed him in a couple of key games last year in the playoffs.  and yeah, davis struggles against lanky 7 footers.  the lakers are only worth worrying about if porcelain bynum is there when the music stops @ game 83.  we now have two o'neals, one of which will be able to grind bynum into a pulp. 

this healthier, spryer KG vs. gasol?  i like our chances.  i don't see any more 2 rebound KG games coming up in the post season if he has a whole season like this.

i like everything but his minutes are 5 too high.  just to keep things safe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Acie, I like Baby too, however, did you see the Cleveland game this year?

Jamison killed Baby, and Lewis killed Baby in the playoffs in 2009. Baby may be the strongest guy in the NBA, and he is very athletic. He definitely is a very hard match up for many  players.

I loved the hard foul on Lebron by Shaq. Lebron does his running back thing and trys to run over people. I doubt that he will try that again against Shaq.

I also agree that if Shaq and Bynum are heathly, it will be fun to watch the Lakers play. Bynum looked afraid of Shaq last year in the Cleveland Lakers games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: KG is back!!:
    [QUOTE]As Regie Miller has said, KG keeps himself in great shape. His regimen is legendary like Ray Allen. Doc said last year that if stationary biking was an Olympic sport, KG would win the gold metal. The fact that he plays the four most of the time, requires more wrestling match time on defense down in the paint, than back court players usually expend, so he probably does need more rest. I also think that KG and Baby can play well together against many teams like the Heat, Atlanta, and even Orlando. The combination does have problems against twin tower teams like the Dallas the Lakers and probably Utah. Against those teams, more length is needed at Center, so KG can play the quicker power forwards. Baby has problems against seven footers like Dirk, and against very quick power forwards, like Jamison, and Rashard Lewis. Baby does do a great job on Dwight Howard. Howard can't move him, and Howard can't shoot for distance. Doc must have KG focusing more on rebounding this year, even more than in 2008. It is not that he could not rebound, after all, he did lead the NBA in rebounding several times. While in MN, He averaged more than 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists for seven years in a row. I think I like it best when KG plays with a chip on his shoulder. Last night I think that he was out to dominate Bosh, as in the old days. For the most part, his defense was great with few slips. If he continues to play like he is, I think that Gasol will lose some his luster after they play the Cs. Until last year's play-offs, Gasol always played second or third fiddle. It would be great to see the Universe back to normal.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Great post, spot on

KG just needs to be the glue that fills in the gaps now that Rondo has emerged as a superstar who controls the entire tempo of the game and gets everyone involved and plays to their strengths

Doc said that even up to last year that Paul and Ray were often either getting a board and running it up themselves or that the bigs were passing to Ray or Paul to take the ball over ahlfcourt if that was easier than getting it to Rondo.

Now Rondo is barking for every board and the team as a whole gets it in his hands to start the offense 95% of the time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They were right to say KG is the soul of the team.

All he really has to do on offense for the most part is ger a couple from the line, one dunk and 2 layups as he runs the break and uses his length and then go like 4-6 on his nasty 20 footer every game.

Then he is free to spend most of his energy on defense and rebounding where we got killed so often last year.

I'd much rather see him average 11 boards a game and 15 points than average 18 points and only 8 boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I can't wait to see how he does against Gasol and the Lakers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I thought KG would bring more game this year than last year.
    The type of surgery he had requires a good year to bounce back from.
    Glad to see it happening.  Love that swarming D the C's are bringin'

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG is a far more well rounded player than Gasol. If Gasol were thirty-four he would have no chance against KG.  His biggest asset is his younger age.  This year I think it will be very different when KG faces Gasol. He will run him up and down the floor all night.  KG at thirty four and healthy is more than Gasol will know how to handle with Shaq in the paint banging the crap out of him. Things, without injury will be different this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]KG is a far more well rounded player than Gasol. If Gasol were thirty-four he would have no chance against KG.  His biggest asset is his younger age.  This year I think it will be very different when KG faces Gasol. He will run him up and down the floor all night.  KG at thirty four and healthy is more than Gasol will know how to handle with Shaq in the paint banging the crap out of him. Things, without injury will be different this year.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  It is really great to see a healthy KG.  We just have to hope that he continues to remain healthy for the entire season and doesn't play extended minutes.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Acie, I like Baby too, however, did you see the Cleveland game this year? Jamison killed Baby, and Lewis killed Baby in the playoffs in 2009.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

i must have missed THAT cleveland game.  there have been a couple that i was travelling for.  but davis wiped his butt with jamison in (seminal) game 56 of last year's ECF.  baby has good games and bad.  mostly these days they are good games. 

lewis was trouble for him in 2009.  but rashard/davis is never a good matchup for us, davis would have to over-achieve like crazy to hold him down in scoring.  jamison, i wouldn't bet that the next time they meet davis wouldn't do just fine against him.  any time jamison is "guarding" davis (LOL) they should run posts for davis all night long.

the value of davis is more in grinding the crap out of the biggest 5's in the league.  he bodies them out of position, out of their comfort zone so they have to start two to three feet further out than normal.  and for dwight howard, bynum and all the guys with no mid range game, it's really disruptive.

i really like KG and davis together- they play off of each other and compliment each other well.  so long as the fat guy doesn't have to chase around 6-10 wing guys.  and he shouldn't have to this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Big Baby in 2009 against Orlando had a coming out party playing great in the absence of KG.  They were within a few minutes of winning in game six thanks to him.  Lewis has a three point shot entirely dependent on open looks.  Davis would handle and probably dominate him now since he is vastly improved since then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

KG has exceeded all expectations as a Boston Celtic

He has been a dream come true and if his body holds up next season, I'd love to see Danny sign him to an extension at Ray Allen money

He looks better this season than he did all last year. Clearly, he has displayed personal pride and integrity in all the work he has put in to recover and stay in shape. He is one of the few guys in all of sports who is worth every penny of his salary.

Love seeing him interact with Semith Erden , love his jump shot, love his rebounding and vocal defense.

KG is definitely back. Much respect to him for all his hard work !

Anyone know the story behind this pic ? What's up with KG's jersey ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It must be a mock up picture from before KG chose #5 (as close to Bill Russell's number 6 as he could get).

In "sota", KG had the number 21, and 12 is the reverse of that number.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Big Baby in 2009 against Orlando had a coming out party playing great in the absence of KG.  They were within a few minutes of winning in game six thanks to him.  Lewis has a three point shot entirely dependent on open looks.  Davis would handle and probably dominate him now since he is vastly improved since then.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

you're probably right.  davis has improved his all around play a lot since then.  and kg erased all of lewis' desire to play the game last year and it didn't come back any when davis was out there either!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopna. Show bopna's posts

Im glad he is in 2008 form, This team looks like its got that 2008 hunger in their eyes which makes me think that we are on a mission, In fact, as long as this team is healthy in May/June, i really, really like our chances even if we face the Fakers....Rondo is now legitimately a top 3 PG, KG is a defensive monster once again, BABY has definitely grown leaps and bounds and if PP and Ray continue to play outstanding Ball, this team is nasty, and we haven't even fully utilized the O'Neils, and Delonte yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Great to hear all the GREAT comments about KG... love you
    C's, everyone played a great game against the Heat intensity
    was there, everyone stayed focused, great defense...and they
    played together as a team, lost a big lead, but they still held
    them down. Love you Celtics', stay healthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

KG is back to being a double-double machine. He already has 5 in just nine game, he had 10 last year. Naturally, we hear in Beantown know it's not about stats, it's about championships, and having a healthy KG causing havoc on the defensive-end and being such a great defender makes the Celtics chances of raising another banner so much better.