KG plays like a guard. Need a real center!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

KG plays like a guard. Need a real center!

Let's face it the best teams have a dominant big man or at least several good rebounders and shot blockers. I love KG but we already have too many guards that shoot jump shots.

Plus the best teams have several players that can destribute the ball and play like a point guard.

We have just one and he is totally predictable.

EXAMPLE:

1. Whenever Rondo has the ball with 7 seconds left we very rarely score.

2. He holds the ball for too long even before the 7 seconds begin. Then it is too late and we take desperation shots.

Plus Doc Rivers doesn't even realize these problems. EXAMPLE: How can he play a 3rd/4th string center and expect success? Give me a break, when KG comes in Doc should have him play the center position....period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: KG plays like a guard. Need a real center!

Read all the threads.  All this is dicussed in each and everyone one of them.  BTW what exactly are you wanting to do with KG, sit him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's face it the best teams have a dominant big man or at least several good rebounders and shot blockers. I love KG but we already have too many guards that shoot jump shots.

Plus the best teams have several players that can destribute the ball and play like a point guard.

We have just one and he is totally predictable.

EXAMPLE:

1. Whenever Rondo has the ball with 7 seconds left we very rarely score.

2. He holds the ball for too long even before the 7 seconds begin. Then it is too late and we take desperation shots.

Plus Doc Rivers doesn't even realize these problems. EXAMPLE: How can he play a 3rd/4th string center and expect success? Give me a break, when KG comes in Doc should have him play the center position....period!

[/QUOTE]

good points. I'm fed up with KG shooting jumpers., but that is the game plan Doc seems to be ok with. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jhol's comment:
    [QUOTE]

good points. I'm fed up with KG shooting jumpers., but that is the game plan Doc seems to be ok with. 

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Since 2008, Doc has been telling KG to play more in the low post. But KG just won't do it.

It's really frustrating seeing KG get the ball 10 feet away from the basket and ends up 16 feet away when he takes the shot.

[/QUOTE]

Quite a reflection on the lack of respect for the coach. That's 5 years Doc's been telling KG to do something and he just wont do it?

What else do you call this, good coaching?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jhol's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Since 2008, Doc has been telling KG to play more in the low post. But KG just won't do it.

It's really frustrating seeing KG get the ball 10 feet away from the basket and ends up 16 feet away when he takes the shot.

[/QUOTE]

Quite a reflection on the lack of respect for the coach. That's 5 years Doc's been telling KG to do something and he just wont do it?

What else do you call this, good coaching?

[/QUOTE]

KG is what he is.  He isn't going to change to another player now.  He is effective as is, he just needs some help down low.  Sorry but Collins isn't it.  Unless you can trade KG , which you can't,  then we are going to have to live with his jumpers, which by the way are very good for the most part.  Gasol may be the answer.