KG Should Retire; Pierce Must Be Waived

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: KG Should Retire; Pierce Must Be Waived

Monday Morning quarterback I don't think so...if KG had been really loyal to us and wanted the best for us, he'd waved his no trade & taken PP with him to retire in Malibu and we'd have 1/2 the Clipper team and, definitely, been more competive. And I don't think Celtic fans would  have blamed them & been too upset.

And, KG & PP, with Griffin & Paul might have won a championship.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

If KG doesn't retire and Pierce is not waived, the Celts will not be able to sign an UFA like Al Jefferson.

Pierce can be waived by the Celts before July 1 then re-signed.

Also, 2 of the 3, Lee, Bass, or Terry have to be traded in order for the Celts to make room for an UFA worth 10-15m.

Fiercest is still on the Al Jefferson bandwagon ! That surprises me , I don't think AJ will ever play for the Celtics again. Agree that Bass & Terry will be traded , I think Courtney Lee still fits though, even with his inconsistant shooting. He is big and a above average defender.

My fantasy is to see David Lee play for the Celtics , he is the most underrated and DISRESPECTED   big man in the league. Somehow , his 20 and 10 every night isn't worth as much as any other guy who puts up 20 and 10 ? I would love to see both David Lee and the big Aussie Bogut play for the Celtics......not because of their skin tone, but because I think they are both incredibly undervalued from having played on bad teams and because of bad luck injuries.....

Both guys are solid citizens , great teammates, show a lot of "want to" , and are GREAT rebounders. Yes they are !

I think Coach Jackson can talk KG into going to Golden State (throw in either Bass or Terry to make the $$$ match) and the Celtics would get a STEAL in David Lee.

What do you think Fierce ?

David Lee was rewarded this season when he was selected to be a part of the West All-Stars.

There's no way the Warriors would trade David Lee for a 37-year old KG. That's a trade that only helps the Celtics. The core players of the Warriors are so young, a guy like KG doesn't fit in.

Courtney Lee and Avery Bradley are redundant. Right now Bradley is cheaper and has the potential to be a better player than Lee. And with all the guards the Celts have, Lee is a surplus.

Right now the best Center available is Al Jefferson. I want the Celts to get him. But I don't know if the Celts can get him.

========================================

Living in SF, I watch a lot of GS games---incredible they beat Denver without Lee in Game 2 but they shot 60% & Curry is the best PG & 3 pt shooter in the game. David Lee is better than KG(not in his prime, of course).  Lee reminds me of David Cowens. He's the Warriors 2nd highest scorer & best rebounder.  No way GS is going to trade him for KG. I like Bogut too but he's really a banger, defender & rebounder and not a prolific scorer & is always in foul trouble.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Monday Morning quarterback I don't think so...if KG had been really loyal to us and wanted the best for us, he'd waved his no trade & taken PP with him to retire in Malibu and we'd have 1/2 the Clipper team and, definitely, been more competive. And I don't think Celtic fans would  have blamed them & been too upset.

And, KG & PP, with Griffin & Paul might have won a championship.

I think KG was loyal to himself. He was not doing the Celtics any favors by signing that contract

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

As far as a title is concerned the Celtics lack in ALL areas..........first of all they need 2 go to players who can be depended on to score.........they need a big who can protect the paint......they need a PG who can penetrate (yes RR can penetrate) but the PG also needs to shoot the ball consistently and hit foul shots otherwise half of his driving penetration will be negated..  They also need a power forward who can consistently rebound 7-10 rebounds.........

Everyone knows that in order to win a title you need 2 AS plus a team where in any given game someone can step up for 15-20 points......

The Celtics are in need in all areas........

It is a very average team, they have no one that really stands out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

If KG doesn't retire and Pierce is not waived, the Celts will not be able to sign an UFA like Al Jefferson.

Pierce can be waived by the Celts before July 1 then re-signed.

Also, 2 of the 3, Lee, Bass, or Terry have to be traded in order for the Celts to make room for an UFA worth 10-15m.

Yeah... Al Jefferson is the second coming. He will save the franchise. He was only playing possum in Minny and Salt lake.

Gee I wish you were the GM, The Cs would win every year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to kdp59's comment:

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

We will be hard pressed to trade Terry, Lee or Bass. With Rondo and Sullinger coming back and Melo having another year, I can see Ainge giving this team another shot next year. I think if we stay healthy and can add a decend center I think we can still compete. Then in 2014 we begin rebuilding and getting younger. It may not be the best plan but I think it is the most realistic at this point. If we are struggling by the trade deadline then I think we start earlier but I don't see that happening if were healthy.

remember with Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Terry, Crawford and Williams.....we have a GUT of Guards on this roster next year. Even without Williams on that list 5 guards is a LOT!

Pierce, Green, Bass, Sullinger give us 4 forwards in the rotation

Garnett and Melo need HELP at center!!

hopefully Ainge can trade one of our guards for a decent Back up center (at least) and we get another PF in the draft who can be brought along.

Lets be clear about Melo because now two people have mentioned him like he is going to have a presence on next year's team.... from what I see of him, unless there is a miracle of sorts, he is not going to be contributing much if any....the guy moves like frankenstein on a bad day and his reaction times are really bad...

I only put Melo on the list because he is under contract or next season.

Will his second year be like J. Johnson or more like A. Bradley's?

who knows....most  of us don't expect much if anything...which is why I said we need HELP at Center.

Trading one of our excess guards would make sense, but which one and for what center?

Rondo should get us a quality NBA starting center back.

Bradley a lesser talent, but stil quality player.

Lee  or Crawford would probably return  a back up center type.

Terry probably even lees or an older Center on his last legs.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Jefferson is terrible on D...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Jefferson is terrible on D...

There's no doubt that KG is way better than Big Al when KG was 30 years old. But we're talking about next season. Would you rather have a 37-year old KG at 12.4m than a 28-year old Big Al for 13m?

As I stated above, we could have signed someone like Jefferson if KG had resigned for a few million instead of what he is being paid.   It would have been possible for the Celtics to sign another big man if this had happened.  If not Jefferson than someone else. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I've got a feeling that KG will be retiring after this season not because he can't play anymore but because he is probably tired of Danny Ainge screwing up this franchise. Danny Ainge has basically thrown KG and Pierce under the bus with his poor draft picks, failing to sign key players, his moronic trades, and his poor selection of free agents. Danny Ainge stripped this team of it's talent believing that KG, Pierce, and Rondo could carry this team without any support.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

I've got a feeling that KG will be retiring after this season not because he can't play anymore but because he is probably tired of Danny Ainge screwing up this franchise. Danny Ainge has basically thrown KG and Pierce under the bus with his poor draft picks, failing to sign key players, his moronic trades, and his poor selection of free agents. Danny Ainge stripped this team of it's talent believing that KG, Pierce, and Rondo could carry this team without any support.

You can't be serious. Ainge drafted Bradley with the 19th pick and Sully with the 21st pick.

Poor selection of free-agents?

It's not like the Celts had a lot of cap room since KG and Ray became Celtic players in 2007.

There's a reason why there's this thing called salary cap rules.

Not to mention injuries forced their hand. When Perk when down in 2010. They had to get a center. They got Shaq and JO. No one else was out their in their price range. When KG went down they got Sheed as insurance. No injuries the Celtics probably make different moves. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce 34,

1. i said danny will have to be creative..or do something we havent thought of..

2. in regards to rondo here is why its an option...the money is not that big hes 11 million...and if you throw in fab mello maybe bass or green and a pic...danny could maybe get an asset or assets...

3. there serious questions..like does paul and kg return?..i dont know...danny knows..

4. does danny blow it up..have paul and kg go....

5. with perk the celtics are in a great position..bec ause look at there draft position...there 15th or 17th i think or in that number groupe..look at the worse teams..they wouldnt want to take a player like perk on...the celtics could get lucky..

5a. the celtics could maybe call memphis for a deal...they are getting a new owner they traded rudy gay..so could boston offer rondo,green,bass,mello and a pic to memp for connely and zach randolph and there pic...not that trade but make a trade to make the money work...

6. in this playoffs there has been 3 issues...1. pg. play rondo would have eaten the knick pressue for lunch...2. rebounding and physical play...3. shooting....those things are what danny should look to improve..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce,

to make a gs trade work..heres whats up...

rondo and green and lee and mello and bass would be the traded party..

the trade would be...rondo,green,terry,bass,mello and a first round pick....to gs...for lee,bogut,barns and a pick...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.