KG Should Retire; Pierce Must Be Waived

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: KG Should Retire; Pierce Must Be Waived

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If KG doesn't retire and Pierce is not waived, the Celts will not be able to sign an UFA like Al Jefferson.

Pierce can be waived by the Celts before July 1 then re-signed.

Also, 2 of the 3, Lee, Bass, or Terry have to be traded in order for the Celts to make room for an UFA worth 10-15m.

Find a hobby other than BDC.... you are no doubt the most frequent poster on this Celtics forum by a landslide and Id guess you post more than the next 2 highest posters combined.

On top of that, youre not too bright and demonstrate a tremendous insecurity about yourself constantly and relentlessly over responding until you bore your counterposter into what you believe is a victory, at least in your own pea brain

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

If KG doesn't retire and Pierce is not waived, the Celts will not be able to sign an UFA like Al Jefferson.

Also, 2 of the 3, Lee, Bass, or Terry have to be traded in order for the Celts to make room for an UFA worth 10-15m.

Find a hobby other than BDC.... you are no doubt the most frequent poster on this Celtics forum by a landslide and Id guess you post more than the next 2 highest posters combined.

On top of that, youre not too bright and demonstrate a tremendous insecurity about yourself constantly and relentlessly over responding until you bore your counterposter into what you believe is a victory, at least in your own pea brain

Someone woke up grumpy this morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

must have watched the game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

We will be hard pressed to trade Terry, Lee or Bass. With Rondo and Sullinger coming back and Melo having another year, I can see Ainge giving this team another shot next year. I think if we stay healthy and can add a decend center I think we can still compete. Then in 2014 we begin rebuilding and getting younger. It may not be the best plan but I think it is the most realistic at this point. If we are struggling by the trade deadline then I think we start earlier but I don't see that happening if were healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to GAShamrock60's comment:

We will be hard pressed to trade Terry, Lee or Bass. With Rondo and Sullinger coming back and Melo having another year, I can see Ainge giving this team another shot next year. I think if we stay healthy and can add a decend center I think we can still compete. Then in 2014 we begin rebuilding and getting younger. It may not be the best plan but I think it is the most realistic at this point. If we are struggling by the trade deadline then I think we start earlier but I don't see that happening if were healthy.

remember with Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Terry, Crawford and Williams.....we have a GUT of Guards on this roster next year. Even without Williams on that list 5 guards is a LOT!

Pierce, Green, Bass, Sullinger give us 4 forwards in the rotation

Garnett and Melo need HELP at center!!

hopefully Ainge can trade one of our guards for a decent Back up center (at least) and we get another PF in the draft who can be brought along.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

YUP!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

remember with Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Terry, Crawford and Williams.....we have a GUT of Guards on this roster next year. Even without Williams on that list 5 guards is a LOT!

hopefully Ainge can trade one of our guards for a decent Back up center (at least) and we get another PF in the draft who can be brought along.

[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. We have a glut at the guard position, yet we still need more scoring. The thing is you just can't predict who is going to be hot and who is going to get cold. You can't blame Danny. Who would have known that Terry & Lee would be iced this year? Their career stats do not indicate that. Crawford is as advertised.

The thing is, we can trade away Terry & Lee to go get a hot scorer for next year, but we could be facing the same predicament.

CASE IN POINT: J. J. Reddick - we were all gushing over his scoring abilities. Milwakee bit and look at him now ... where was he in game 1? Nowhere.

Also look at JR Smith ... he is as hot as he has ever been right now. Last year's playoffs? He was the guy who would shoot every time he touched the ball whether they were going in or not. If he was a FA this summer, I bet some team would pay him Harden-esque money, and there is the same chance that he reverts back to the old J.R.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Come on, Karl, I come here to talk Celtics. You on the other hand come here to bash Doc Rivers every chance you get. For months now all you do is bash Doc Rivers. I think it's you that should find a hobby other than BDC.

Seriously, bashing Doc Rivers everyday?

Don't you get bored of doing that?

When was the last time you didn't bash Doc Rivers?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the dream is over. fire Danny Ainge. definately fire Doc Rivers. retire Pierce and Garnett. this franchise needs a complete rebuild.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I wish I could find the thread about the KG contract but I remember saying when he resigned with the Celtics that he should have been resigned for a lot less.   If he was earning a fraction of what he currently earns the Celtics would have had a significant amount of money to sign someone else.  He doesn't or shouldn't be playing significant minutes and should be paid like a bench player.   If he wasn't earning what he is he would still be able to help this team playing limited minutes.  You wouldn't be saying that he should retire. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

KG still has some miles left on his tires, but Pierce please. he looks terrible. Slow, he has never been athletic, but bad passes, complaining that he was fouled, while the man he is guarding streaks down the other end for an easy lay Up. When PP was on the bench yesterday, they were leading, soon as he gets on the floor, the offence freezes. Get rid of Pierce, his only value is as a shooter, and even that has gone,   his use by date was two years ago. Terry, Pierce, KG, how many slow old neanderthals does Ainge think a team should have. All due respect to KG. he should stay.

I was reminded of the 72 Mets playing the great Willie Mays, when he was way past his prime, embarrising the great man, sad. Sail off into the sunset Pierce, take your millions, you've had your day, youth must be served, don't know if Ainge ever heard that before. 

Ray Allen knew exactly what he was doing, he left before the ship sank. You can teach a player lots of things, you can't teach a player how to beat father time. It's not rocket science, it's called life. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

Lets be clear about Melo because now two people have mentioned him like he is going to have a presence on next year's team.... from what I see of him, unless there is a miracle of sorts, he is not going to be contributing much if any....the guy moves like frankenstein on a bad day and his reaction times are really bad...

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to aussiewill2's comment:

KG still has some miles left on his tires, but Pierce please. he looks terrible. Slow, he has never been athletic, but bad passes, complaining that he was fouled, while the man he is guarding streaks down the other end for an easy lay Up. When PP was on the bench yesterday, they were leading, soon as he gets on the floor, the offence freezes. Get rid of Pierce, his only value is as a shooter, and even that has gone,   his use by date was two years ago. Terry, Pierce, KG, how many slow old neanderthals does Ainge think a team should have. All due respect to KG. he should stay.

I was reminded of the 72 Mets playing the great Willie Mays, when he was way past his prime, embarrising the great man, sad. Sail off into the sunset Pierce, take your millions, you've had your day, youth must be served, don't know if Ainge ever heard that before. 

Ray Allen knew exactly what he was doing, he left before the ship sank. You can teach a player lots of things, you can't teach a player how to beat father time. It's not rocket science, it's called life. 

Sorry but KG has seen better days.............he has been reduced to half a game and still can't stay healthy............yes he has some plays that illustrate the KG of old but the consistency in his game has left........there is only an occasional illusion of what had been...........PP too is long in the tooth......every game he passes to a ghost figure or his brain is telling him what he used to be and he tries to dribble out of a trapping double team only to hand the ball off to the opposition...........I mentioned many times after the AS break that our best hope is not to make the playoffs.......enter the lottery and hope that PP and KG retire so that the rebuilding can begin.......Father time has caught with both of them and unfortunately they are both taking up a full time salary for a part time player.............

I totally agree with this... KG plays and looks so frail now... I just wish his game was as big as his mouth.... Great player in his day for sure but signing him to 3 years was just not smart, unless there was an agreement of sorts behind closed doors that he would see how he feels at the end of the first year and maybe agree to retire if it didnt go well.  I guess we will see but if plays next year, you know that his minutes will be scaled down even further and at his price tag it will surely kill this teams chances of rebuilding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to aussiewill2's comment:

Sorry but KG has seen better days.............he has been reduced to half a game and still can't stay healthy............yes he has some plays that illustrate the KG of old but the consistency in his game has left........there is only an occasional illusion of what had been...........PP too is long in the tooth......every game he passes to a ghost figure or his brain is telling him what he used to be and he tries to dribble out of a trapping double team only to hand the ball off to the opposition...........I mentioned many times after the AS break that our best hope is not to make the playoffs.......enter the lottery and hope that PP and KG retire so that the rebuilding can begin.......Father time has caught with both of them and unfortunately they are both taking up a full time salary for a part time player.............

I totally agree with this... KG plays and looks so frail now... I just wish his game was as big as his mouth.... Great player in his day for sure but signing him to 3 years was just not smart, unless there was an agreement of sorts behind closed doors that he would see how he feels at the end of the first year and maybe agree to retire if it didnt go well.  I guess we will see but if plays next year, you know that his minutes will be scaled down even further and at his price tag it will surely kill this teams chances of rebuilding.

Agree with you.  Read my post above.  Some of us mentioned that when the Celtics resigned KG if he really wanted to have a chance to compete for a championship he should have also agreed to sign for a contract similar to what Shaq did when he signed with the Celtics.  If KG had signed for a few years but was being paid  say $2 million it wouldn't matter if he was only playing limited minutes.  The Celtics would have been in a better financial situation to sign someone else.  KG certainly doesn't need the money.  You could say the same for Pierce. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I think Bass earned his stripes this season...not sure what we can get for Terry/Lee

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

here are the celtics options..

1. waive pierce and resign him for a kg like deal probably 10 million for 2 years.......

that means pierce and kg are back and the moves boston can make are small..but it frees some room...with that free room...could boston resign a probably amnestied perk....maybe...

2. if paul is resigned trade rondo and mello maybe throw in bass..for a big or a big and a pg...options would be to golden state and get bogut maybe harrison barns...or call memphis cause there trying to pare down salery,,maybe make a play for randolph and connely....

3. does boston look to trade green?...

4. danny this offseason should be trader danny again...keeping paul and kg will be fine...the celtics need a big,and a shooter..

5. the celtics may have been the second seed if rondo and sully and barboza were not injured..

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Fiercest is still on the Al Jefferson bandwagon ! That surprises me , I don't think AJ will ever play for the Celtics again. Agree that Bass & Terry will be traded , I think Courtney Lee still fits though, even with his inconsistant shooting. He is big and a above average defender.

My fantasy is to see David Lee play for the Celtics , he is the most underrated and DISRESPECTED   big man in the league. Somehow , his 20 and 10 every night isn't worth as much as any other guy who puts up 20 and 10 ? I would love to see both David Lee and the big Aussie Bogut play for the Celtics......not because of their skin tone, but because I think they are both incredibly undervalued from having played on bad teams and because of bad luck injuries.....

Both guys are solid citizens , great teammates, show a lot of "want to" , and are GREAT rebounders. Yes they are !

I think Coach Jackson can talk KG into going to Golden State (throw in either Bass or Terry to make the $$$ match) and the Celtics would get a STEAL in David Lee.

What do you think Fierce ?